Thread: 5 boys die in Ocala, Florida.

Default 5 boys die in Ocala, Florida.

I don't know if anyone posted about this yet and I wasn't too sure where to write about it at, but as it's news, I figured here would be a good place to start.

Now before I post the article, I just have a few things to say.

1 - TMZ.com posted about it on their website - simply because John Travolta's house is in the same place as where the runway they were driving on is. This upsets me, because this has NOTHING to do with John Travolta. he wasn't even home when it happend.

2- Please go here :
    Michael Crook: The Official Blog
    and read what this IDIOTIC person had to say about these poor boys and their families and all of the people from my WONDERFUL home town of Ocala. (and if you would like to leave him nasty comments, that's fine, too.

Thanks for your time everyone.

RIP boys - God bless your families and friends. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Here's the article from Ocala.com :

ANTHONY - Details about the tragic car crash at Greystone Airport that claimed the lives of five young men early Saturday are still emerging, and it may be some time - if ever - before investigators piece together all the pertinent facts.

One thing is certain. The families and friends of Jacob James Casey, 19; James Devon Hime, 19; Joshua D. Ammirato, 18; Dustin J. Dawe, 19; and Isaac Rubin, 20, are devastated.

All five were pronounced dead at the scene after an apparent high-speed crash that investigators say likely involved alcohol.

Ammirato was driving his father's gray 2008 BMW M5 sedan. The $80,000 car, registered to Santo Ammirato, was traveling north on the 1.5-mile-long airstrip that actor John Travolta and others regularly use to fly in and out of Ocala.

Florida Highway Patrol Capt. Jeff Succi said there were yaw, or sideways, skid marks at the end of the runway, indicating the car turned sideways before launching over an embankment. It then sailed through the air about 200 feet before slamming into a large tree and bursting into flames.

Troopers believe the car traveled over the 80- to 85-foot high embankment at the end of the airstrip and struck the tree about 15 feet above the ground. The car broke into two pieces upon impact.

Three of victims were ejected from the car, FHP officials said. Succi said the crash appears to be alcohol-related, but added that toxicology reports will provide the definitive answer. Succi said the men apparently had been at a party in the hours before the crash, but FHP was still in the process of interviewing witnesses.

It is not yet known whether any of the victims were wearing seat belts.

The crash was reported to Marion County Fire Rescue at 3:47 a.m. All five men were pronounced dead between 3:55 and 3:56 a.m. by Fire Rescue paramedics at the scene.

The vehicle came to rest in flames near the home of Augustine and Kristina Berenguer in the 1400 block of Northeast 95th Street. The Berenguers were awakened by a bang and saw flames through a window. They said the nearby crash shook their house.

Augustine Berenguer went outside to see what had happened and shouted for his wife to call 911.

George Borger, who lives next to the airstrip, said a loud engine noise woke him up at 3:30 a.m.

"I saw them going up and down the runway," he said. "I don't know how fast they were going, but they were flying."

Yeah I was wondering how John Travolta got attached to the story.

WTF were they doing driving this fast on a landing strip? Did they take literally that "Don't drink and drive just smoke and fly?" bumper sticker I've seen?

I'm pretty sure they will be all manner of illegal substances in their system. I wouldn't put it as harshly as that Crook guy did but I'm not exactly torn up about their death. Good thing it was a deserted road and they didn't hit any other cars.

I'm sorry that your town was put in the spotlight like this, StaceyLynne and I don't believe that everyone living there deserves to be mocked. It's just that my give-a-damn is broken when it comes to people doing something this stupid.

Thread Information