Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Three suspects re-arrested on new evidence in Natalee Holloway case

Default Three suspects re-arrested on new evidence in Natalee Holloway case

New evidence leads to re-arrests in Holloway case
    Posted by rsims November 21, 2007 4:46 PM

Aruban officials said they re-arrested three men today who were previously detained in the case of missing Mountain Brook teen Natalee Holloway.

Joran van der Sloot was arrested in Holland and brothers Deepak and Satish Kalpoe were arrested in Aruba. They were charged with manslaughter and causing an accident that resulted in death, according to a statement from the Aruban prosecutor's office.

"The public prosecutor's office has ordered their renewed arrest because further investigation into the disappearance has led to new incriminating evidence," the statement said.
    Adolpho Richardson, one of the lead investigators in the case, would not discuss the new evidence but said he was optimistic about it. He said the arrests were not related to a Dec. 31 deadline that prosecutors have under Aruban law to determine whether to move forward with the case.

"This case is not going to go unsolved -- not on my watch," he said Wednesday.

Holloway, then 18, disappeared on a trip to the island with fellow graduates of Mountain Brook High School on May 30, 2005. She was last seen leaving a bar with the three men, who say they're innocent.

Richardson said van der Sloot, who was attending a university in Holland, will be flown back to Aruba on Thursday. Under Dutch law -- which Aruba follows -- the prosecutor has a right to detain suspects for two days after their arrest. They can be held for an additional eight days, but a judge must authorize that extension.

The three men are expected to appear before a judge Friday.
    New evidence leads to re-arrests in Holloway case - Breaking News from The Birmingham News - al.com
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Hopefully they'll find her body so her family can give her a proper burial. And hopefully this case hasn't been so fucked up that it's beyond a successful prosecution.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

It's about time! I'm surprised there was any decent evidence left at all.

My dad said he just heard on a Pittsburgh radio station that they found her body, but I can't find that info anywhere......online.....on tv, etc..

Hit By Ban Bus!

That would be great if they did, it would perhaps solve things. This case is so frustrating.

I hope they find out what happened to her. Her family has been through so much, they deserve answers.

I really hope this case gets solved...I can't imagine what it would be like to not have closure.
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Silver Member

Hmm... I wonder if Dr Phil will claim some responsibility for the new evidence. He had several shows dedicated to 'investigating' this crime. Don't know if he's followed up in the past year though (he and Mrs Holloway were BFF), I stopped watching. Only so many times you can hear the same advice for a multitude of issues.

I don't know much about this case, but I read on the website Brians Prediction that she is unharmed; that she ran away and has changed her looks so dramatically no one who saw her picture would recognize her.

But he also believes some mexican guy who has disappeared off the face of the earth killed Jonbenet Ramsey- and I DO NOT believe him on that one.

Holloway's father to search for body
    By MARGARET WEVER, Associated Press Writer

ORANJESTAD, Aruba - The father of disappeared American teenager Natalee Holloway said Thursday that he and a team of experts will search for his daughter's body in waters off Aruba following the recent re-arrest of three suspects in the case.

Dave Holloway told The Associated Press that he believes his daughter's body was thrown into the ocean in deeper waters than those already searched. He said he based that belief on conversations with a police official and a private forensic expert.

Holloway said a private boat owner is providing divers, sonar equipment and the ability to map the ocean floor.

"It's like this: we've searched all the land areas ... It's common knowledge on the island that if someone were to dispose of the body, it would be out in the ocean," he said by telephone.

Authorities never searched in waters deeper than 330 feet, so the family do so now that it has the capability, equipment and expertise, Holloway said, adding that police would be alerted if anything is found.

On Wednesday, authorities announced they had re-arrested Dutch student Joran van der Sloot and two Surinamese brothers, Satish and Deepak Kalpoe, on suspicion of involvement in voluntary manslaughter and causing serious bodily harm that resulted in the death of Holloway.

"I hope I'm not going to be disappointed," Dave Holloway said. "We've seen these arrests and re-arrests in the past."

Holloway, of Mountain Brook, Ala., was last seen leaving a bar with the three men on May 30, 2005, hours before she was scheduled to fly home with high school classmates celebrating their graduation on the Dutch Caribbean island. She was 18 at the time.

Hundreds of volunteers, Aruban soldiers, police and FBI agents — even Dutch air force planes — searched for the missing teen, but no trace was ever found.

Van der Sloot and the Kalpoe brothers previously had been detained on suspicion of involvement in the woman's death, but they denied involvement and a judge released them for lack of evidence.

Van der Sloot, 20, was re-arrested in the Netherlands, where he was attending a university. The Kalpoe brothers — Deepak is 24, Satish, 21 — were taken into custody in Aruba.

Authorities said that "further investigation into the disappearance has led to new incriminating evidence."

On Thursday, a Dutch judge confirmed that van der Sloot had been arrested properly, clearing the way for his transfer to Aruba within days, the island's prosecutor Dop Kruimel said in a telephone interview.

Van der Sloot's Dutch attorney, Leon van den Eeden, criticized the decision, saying his client had worked hard to build a life in the Netherlands.

Van der Sloot's mother, Anita, said by telephone that investigators had recently questioned her family and that of the Kalpoe brothers.

"The questions they asked were so obvious: things like, 'Why did Joran leave his shoes on the beach,'" she said, referring to the place where her son said he kissed Holloway alone before her disappearance. "I think it's ridiculous after two-and-a-half years to be doing this."

The brothers were expected to make an initial appearance in an Aruban court Friday, when prosecutors were expected to present the new evidence to a judge.

They are being held in separate jails and Mos said prosecutors believe they should be represented by separate attorneys to prevent a conflict of interest.

The Kalpoes' attorney, David Kock, did not return a call for comment Thursday, but he told a local radio station that the arrests were "an action of despair."

"There was no reason for their arrest now," he said. "We will take all kinds of measures to give our clients their freedom as soon as possible."

In April, investigators from the Netherlands dug around the home of van der Sloot's family for two days without revealing what prompted the search. Then in May, Dutch and Aruban investigators visited the home where Deepak and Satish Kalpoe live with their parents for what authorities termed an "inspection."

____

Associated Press writers David McFadden and Danica Coto in San Juan, Puerto Rico, and Mike Corder in Amsterdam, Netherlands contributed to this report.
    Holloway's father to search for body - Yahoo! News
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Do you think they'll really find anything if they're searching in deeper water? It's been a couple of years, wouldn't she have decomposed and become fish food? Not to sound callous, because I feel bad for her family, but I don't think they'll find anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry gashes View Post
    I don't know much about this case, but I read on the website Brians Prediction that she is unharmed; that she ran away and has changed her looks so dramatically no one who saw her picture would recognize her.

But he also believes some mexican guy who has disappeared off the face of the earth killed Jonbenet Ramsey- and I DO NOT believe him on that one.
    i had never heard of that site. i'm looking at it now. tell me about this site, it seems interesting
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

go to briansprediction.com, click on missing people (or something like that) and its under there.

Here's some of the info;

She is very much alive and seems to be enjoying herself. She's working at some sort of adult night club with a picture of frogs on the front of it. I'm pretty sure the club is located in Barranquilla, Columbia. The nightclub has many red box-type couches scattered around a very dark room with many mirrors on the walls and metal pipes.

She is living in a small hotel room near by the club with her boyfriend, and the number 162 in on the door. She looks nothing like she did before, her hair is very short, spiked and died black. Her complexion is much darker than it was in the picture above and she has some sort of chain tattoo around her neck. There is no way anyone could recognize her today from her pictures above...no way...this is way she has not been located.

She is hiding many secrets from her family, one about a boy named Ben, and many others she is very scared to tell her parents what she is doing and why. She has planned on doing this for sometime, and her mother knows something about her that she never told the people looking for her .

My recommendation:

Leave her alone, she does not want to be found. Maybe in time she might change her mind, but do not see this happening to after the birth of her son, who is due in July this year.

This would have never happened if Natalee was not ashamed to tell her parents that she was not living up to their expectations, and if her parents would not have let pride interfere with razing her daughter. I can easily tell that she and her parents need to sit down with her and say they are sorry and that they love her, no matter what she does with her life. I also recommend that they submit more photos of their daughter to the media, as the one's above look she applying for a modeling job. Submit everyday pictures of her doing things she loves, also, get on TV and tell her how you really feel, that you love her, and say your proud of her...that's all...she'll come home

Whenever I go to this site, my whole body breaks out in goosebumps.

So whats the new evidence?? Have they said??

I highly doubt she is still alive, living in Columbia. Not likely...and if she was dumped off in deep water, would they be able to find her??

I feel for the family....what a horrible thing to have to live with. The NOT KNOWING.

I recently have become a partial addict to his site after his dream about Britney killing herself in December.

There is some freaky, goosebump worthy stuff on there. He has been quite accurate from what I can see.
    ssabmud

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information