Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Madeleine McCann's parents to be re-interviewed by police

A*O

Default Madeleine McCann's parents to be re-interviewed by police

I just saw on BBC World TV channel that Kate and Gerry McCann are going to be re-interviewed by Portuguese police after the results of recent forensic tests on blood stains in their holiday apartment have become available. Both will be interviewed separately and both with have their lawyer(s) present.

Hmmmmmm I think their story is beginning to unravel so watch this space.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Interesting, i wonder if they are going to be interviewed as suspects!?!

Just got this from Sky News site

Breaking News

McCanns To Be Quizzed Separately

Updated: 12:48, Thursday September 06, 2007
    <H2>Madeleine McCann's parents will be separately re-interviewed by Portuguese police investigating her disappearance.

</H2> Madeleine McCann

Detectives are to question Kate McCann this afternoon and Gerry McCann tomorrow, a family friend said.
    Mrs McCann will attend the police station in Portimao in the Algarve at 2pm, accompanied by her lawyer, Carlos Pinto de Abreu.
    Her husband will be questioned separately at the same police station tomorrow.
    Sky News Crime Correspondent Martin Brunt said police wanted to re-interview the McCanns as witnesses.
    But he added: "According to the McCann family it appears to be more formal."
    Portuguese police called Mr McCann on Monday to request the interviews, specifying that Mrs McCann should be questioned first.
    It is only the second time she has been formally interviewed by police, the first being on May 4, the day after Madeleine went missing.
    Detectives have already questioned Gerry McCann twice.
    It is expected that Mrs McCann's interview will be longer than the one she gave officers in May, which lasted between three and four hours.
    The development comes after officers leading the investigation were given DNA test results.
    Sky News has learned vital clues from the results are expected to lead to a significant development.
    Samples were taken from this resort

Experts at the Forensic Science Service (FSS) in Birmingham have spent the past month analysing samples taken from the McCanns' holiday apartment in the Algarve resort of Praia da Luz.
    The evidence recovered includes blood flecks found by British sniffer dogs on the wall in Madeleine's bedroom, where she vanished on May 3.
    A source has confirmed that information gathered by the FSS had been "regularly fed back" to investigators in Portugal, although the official line remains that tests are "ongoing".
    An FSS spokeswoman would not comment on the specifics of the case, but said: "There has been a lot of speculation. The tests are ongoing.
    "There has been no change in that, despite what the reports say. It's a live investigation and we are working with the police."
    The only official suspect in the case, 33-year-old ex-pat Robert Murat, believes the Portuguese authorities will shortly clear him formally.
    His spokesman Tuck Price said he had not been told about any developments in the case.
    "Why are they holding him in limbo?" he added. "That is still a concern - unless they are using him as cover so that they can continue investigating somebody else...
    "It's still very frustrating - it's been five weeks since they went back in there again (to search Mr Murat's house for a second time), and we thought this would all be sewn up."

McCanns Wait To Hear Forensic Findings |Sky News|MADELEINE
    Last edited by Tati; September 6th, 2007 at 11:34 AM.

A*O

This makes sense - if you look at those two and how they interact with each other then he's obviously The Boss and she does as she's told. That asshole is absolutely involved in this and she's absolutely covering up for him because she's too scared/dumb not to.
    Dame Edna Everage

I hope they find out what happened to that little girl. I also hope the parents didn't have anything to do with what happened to her. I just cant understand how people could harm their own children. But if they did, why just the one?

All I know is the dad gives me a serious case of the heebie jeebies.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Quote Originally Posted by VenusInFauxFurs View Post
    All I know is the dad gives me a serious case of the heebie jeebies.
    Me too

Hmmm very interesting!

The mother of Madeleine McCann was dramatically reinterviewed by police yesterday - and is terrified they are trying to frame her.

Kate McCann was questioned at police headquarters in Portimao, 30 miles from Praia da Luz for over eleven hours.
    It is the first time she has been formally interviewed since May 4, the day after her daughter vanished from her bed in the Mark Warner holiday complex.
    Mrs McCann, 39, had a lawyer present, something that has not happened in any previous meetings with the Portuguese police. Scroll down for more...
    After eleven hours of questioning, Kate McCann left the police headquarters in Portimao, 30 miles from Praia da Luz

Kate and Gerry kiss outside the police station yesterday afternoon

Friends said she was extremely nervous about being "set up" and fears detectives were attempting to crack the case by pinning the blame for Madeleine's disappearance on her.
    A Portuguese newspaper stoked her fears yesterday with hurtful slurs about a "scent of death" allegedly detected on her clothing.
    Although police made clear the McCanns are witnesses and not suspects, it is understood that inquiries are concentrating on alleged discrepancies in their accounts of the night Madeleine disappeared.
    A British source with knowledge of the investigation claimed: "Forensic tests have opened new lines of inquiry which undermines their version of events."
    Mr McCann will be interviewed separately today.
    Their answers will be compared and police will decide whether or not to change their status to "arguido", the Portuguese term for suspect.
    Under Portuguese law, an arguido is someone who is under ongoing questioning. Arrests can be made only once someone is an arguido. Scroll down for more...
    Kate McCann arrives at the police station to be re-interviewed

Friends said Mrs McCann had absolutely nothing to hide and had chosen to walk through the police station front door with her head held high.
    Neither she nor her husband are under arrest, they are not suspects, and they were not being interviewed under oath.
    But a friend of the couple said: "Kate is terrified that she is being set up. This has been the worst week since Madeleine vanished, and we're not through it yet.
    "They have no idea why they have been called back.
    "Police have refused to tell them. They fear that they might be suspects."
    The extraordinary development blows apart the couple's plans to return home to Rothley, Leicestershire, which they had been arranging to do this coming Sunday.

Now their departure is on hold while the latest drama unfolds.

And it came a day after a forensics breakthrough when police took delivery of "significant" results on samples of blood, hair and fibres found in Madeleine's bedroom and elsewhere.

Scientists in Birmingham spent a month analysing the traces, which were found during a review of the case by British forensic experts.
    It raised the prospect that an arrest could be imminent, although police refused to speculate.
    It is 127 days since Madeleine went missing, just before her fourth birthday, while her parents ate with friends at a tapas restaurant 50 yards from the holiday apartment. Scroll down for more...
    Kate McCann nearly disappeared among the swarm of photographers as she arrived at the police station

The police investigation has been beset with blunders and, in recent weeks, the McCanns have been dogged by hurtful allegations in the Portuguese media that police believe they could have had something to do with Madeleine's disappearance.

Yesterday morning the couple prayed together at the church in Praia da Luz.
    Then at 1.55pm, Mrs McCann braved a scrum of photographers and walked into Portimao police station, clutching Madeleine's favourite Cuddle Cat soft toy. Scroll down for more...
    Missing: Four-year-old Madeleine McCann

She had been driven there by her husband, who gave her a supportive kiss before returning to Praia da Luz.
    Mrs McCann was kept waiting an hour and 15 minutes before the interview began, and she had to choose an interpreter from a list.
    Police interviews are not tape-recorded in Portugal and, in the McCanns' case, every sentence has to be translated and written down in full, so the process can take several hours.
    Portuguese newspapers appear to be in no doubt that detectives' attention has been focused very much on the McCanns lately.
    Yesterday the barrage of smears continued as national daily paper Correio de Manha ran the astonishing claim that a sniffer dog had detected the "scent of death" on Cuddle Cat and on Mrs McCann's clothing.
    The paper alleged that a dog specifically trained to sniff out a corpse had reacted positively when presented with the cuddly toy and also Mrs McCann's blouse and a pair of her jeans. Friends of the couple dismissed the lurid accusations as "complete fabrication".

Madeleine: 'Now they are trying to frame me' says mother quizzed by police | the Daily Mail

They're going to use the 'they're trying to frame us/they aren't even looking at any other suspects' crap till the cows come home, you can guarantee it.

I'm just torn on this whole case. I want to believe the parents had nothing to do with what happened. But the way they act screams somethings not right.

I don't think the fact that the Portugese police -- who have spectacularly botched every aspect of this case -- are interviewing the parents together OR separately proves their guilt. Could it be that they are doing a little damage control themselves?

And having a lawyer with you when you are questioned by police is a right, and also not an indication of guilt, especially in a case as high profile and serious as this one. There's no way I would be interviewed without a lawyer present either.

A*O

Whatever the forensic tests have revealed is obviously directly related to this latest development. The classic police technique for questioning potential suspects is to interview them separately and then wait for one to blame the other. I think we are much closer to a lot of answers now and I'd bet the farm that these two are involved somehow. Once they get the mother away from the creep, controlling father I think she'll spill the beans.
    Dame Edna Everage

I don't know enough about the details of this case to know whether that is true or not. Time will tell. I'm also not convinced that she is being controlled by her hubby, or that either one of them is involved in the disappearance/murder. But time will tell about that, too.

A*O

Aussie news reports that Kate McCann "is expected to be named as a formal suspect tomorrow" [gets out I Told You So banner]
    Dame Edna Everage

I wonder what forensic evidence they have against her. This sounds bad.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Silver Member

I will probably get slaughtered for saying this but i have always found something strange about the mother. For someone whose child is missing she is completely devoid of all emotion. It would be in bits if it was me! And, i wouldnt leave my two remaining children while I went on a world tour!

I do believe that they must have something that can connect her to maddie's disappearance otherwise they wouldnt name her as a suspect.

Did anyone hear about the reports that suggested that the kids had been sedated by the parents so they would sleep all night and parents could enjoy their meal in peace and quiet? Dont know if theis is true but it is seriously fecked up if it is!

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information