Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Gabby Petito

Default Gabby Petito

So, did you guys have the bf, Brian Laundrie, as the suspect from the very beginning? Also, do you think he's still alive or has offed himself in Carlton Reserve?

I've been following this and yeah, the bf was pretty suspect obviously.

I wonder if he's on the run and his family helped give him lead time and then lied to the police about his last whereabouts to buy him more time.

What a fucked up story.
    Kittylady and C_is_for_Cookie like this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

I definitely think the boyfriend killed her. I think he freaked out, dumped her body, drove home and told his parents. Then, they helped him by either getting him out of the country or giving him a head start.

Yep. First of all, the husband/boyfriend/sig other is always suspect. And there was a history of domestic abuse (the police traffic stop and 911 call from a passerby saying he was hitting her) but even worse, his behavior once he came home without her. He and his family refusing to talk and lawyering up. You'd think he'd at least make up some BS story that she got mad and left and he couldn't find her or contact her so he just came home alone. Funny how his parents didn't want to talk to authorities until HE was missing (allegedly). I think he'll either turn up dead somewhere by suicide or his scumbag parents gave him money and told him to flee. I'm sure they'll be checking bank accounts to see if any large sums were withdrawn. And if that's the case I sure as hell hope they're charged with aiding and abetting.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

i 100% thought it was the boyfriend from the beginning. and if he was abusive it's easy to see how after narrowly escaping the cops he would escalate.

that bodycam footage made the whole thing more bizarre, and it was kind of fascinating seeing the cops interact with them, for so many reasons. from the fact that she was technically the one they would have had to charge when it was clear there was a really toxic dynamic between them and some huge red flags like the fact she was terrified that he would leave her stranded in the wild. this is your fiancé and you don't trust him enough not to abandon you in the wilderness to die? and of course the cops bending over backwards to not have to arrest the pretty white girl and how it led them to maybe downplaying a situation that they should have looked into not just with a view of whether or not to charge someone. given the reality of most domestic abuse, they shouldn't have to automatically frame her as the perpetrator, like fucking robots, just because in that one instance, she was allegedly the one getting more physical (the marks on his face). domestic violence isn't drunk driving where you check alcohol level and decide to charge or not based on that. they should have taken them in and brought social workers to talk to them separately. you'd think the woman cop could have suggested that.
    Kittylady, Tati, fgg and 3 others like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I'm sure for a lot of us this is "triggering"

It's been 2 years since I was last physically abused, but the mental abuse and attempt to control me haven't stopped (though they have lessened because of the impending divorce). But the mental control comes before the physical.

Watching that video of her, how she was so agitated, ready to take the blame, ugh. But I never got a chance to scratch him, or hit back. I learned quickly that any attempt I made would end up with me getting hurt 10x as bad. The psychology behind these relationships is so bizarre. I hate that I was programmed so well, and the entire thing was like quicksand, the more I fought to leave, the more stuck I became. But outwardly I took all the blame for everything, even when people didn't suspect anything was wrong, I made sure (as did he) that everyone knew he was perfect, he treated me like a princess, and how kind of him, because I was mentally crazy.

I know this can happen to men too, but it most often happens to women, and I'm so happy I had a boy because think I would be terrified of my daughter following in my footsteps. I'm already worried that my baby's toxic father will find a way to mentally fuck him up too.

Fuck this guy's family, and everyone else who finds a way to protect or sympathize with the abuser. But it's hard, because if you don't know from experience, you might think Gabby was crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by dexter7 View Post
    I'm sure for a lot of us this is "triggering"It's been 2 years since I was last physically abused, but the mental abuse and attempt to control me haven't stopped (though they have lessened because of the impending divorce). But the mental control comes before the physical.Watching that video of her, how she was so agitated, ready to take the blame, ugh. But I never got a chance to scratch him, or hit back. I learned quickly that any attempt I made would end up with me getting hurt 10x as bad. The psychology behind these relationships is so bizarre. I hate that I was programmed so well, and the entire thing was like quicksand, the more I fought to leave, the more stuck I became. But outwardly I took all the blame for everything, even when people didn't suspect anything was wrong, I made sure (as did he) that everyone knew he was perfect, he treated me like a princess, and how kind of him, because I was mentally crazy. I know this can happen to men too, but it most often happens to women, and I'm so happy I had a boy because think I would be terrified of my daughter following in my footsteps. I'm already worried that my baby's toxic father will find a way to mentally fuck him up too. Fuck this guy's family, and everyone else who finds a way to protect or sympathize with the abuser. But it's hard, because if you don't know from experience, you might think Gabby was crazy.

i'm glad you are doing better, dexter.

mental abuse is so hard to explain to others because it sounds silly when you say it out loud, and you feel shame. besides you are always the one in the wrong and overreacting, so you doubt yourself all the time.

New development with Brian's parents:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/laundr...-the-community

Laundrie's Florida neighbors say family appeared to go 'camping' after boyfriend returned from Wyoming

William and Charlene Guthrie live across the street from the Laundries' North Port, Fla., home

The neighbors of the Laundrie family in North Port, Fla. – the would-be in-laws of deceased 22-year-old Gabby Petito – told Fox News Wednesday that about a week after Petito's then-fiance Brian Laundrie returned from the Mountain West, the family packed up an "attached camper" and took what they believed to be a long-weekend camping trip.
    Charlene and William Guthrie told "The Story" that it has been a "nightmare" living across from the Laundries since Petito and later Brian went missing.
    The Guthries said they only moved to the community, just north of Port Charlotte and Punta Gorda, in early summer. But within months their neighborhood was abuzz with activity.

"We didn't know it was Gabby's, we just assumed it was [Brian's] van," Charlene said when the younger Laundrie returned earlier this month.
    "We just thought they had come back from wherever. We didn’t know they were on a trip. We assumed they went back to their house or wherever they got a house … We didn’t know much about them at all," she said.
    The Guthries thought Petito was still living in the home with Laundrie's parents, which the Blue Point, N.Y., native had been doing since she moved to Florida to be with Laundrie.
    CLICK TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
    William Guthrie recalled doing some yard work one day when the Laundries hooked what appeared to be a new camper to the back of their pickup truck – and didn't think much of it.
    "I saw them doing some work. And then when they prepared for their trip, I saw them loading the camper."
    They said the Laundries were gone "for the weekend" after packing up the new camper, and that when police later came to their home on what they were told was a missing persons case, they mentioned seeing the family go off for the weekend.

yeah, pretty sure the parents are hiding the son out in the wild somewhere...
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    yeah, pretty sure the parents are hiding the son out in the wild somewhere...
    It looks more and more like his parent's are helping him. I'd guess they drove him so far on that little camping trip and he's headed for the border. Meanwhile, they tell the police he went hiking and how many thousands of dollars and man hours are being wasted looking for him?
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

^ I was thinking the same about all the man hours and money wasted. Again, I hope they get slammed for aiding and abetting and for lying to the FBI. They don't take kindly to that shit.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I'm pretty sure he's still alive and hiding somewhere, probably already left the country at this point. And there's no way he's not guilty.
    -

OrangeSlice and ConstanceSpry like this.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

"Trump is, in my opinion, the first woman president of the United States." -- Roseanne Barr

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    "In fact, that made him often mock Laundrie by referring to him as "Brianne". "I've never actually liked any of Gabby's boyfriends. I've never actually called any of them by their real name, ever," said the dad, who is originally from Long Island.''

of course he's from long island

that interview with her dad is red flag after red flag of toxic masculinity. it's not hard to see how gabby would have ended up with an abuser, growing up with that.
    Trixie, Kittylady and dilligaf like this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information