Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: 'Fatal Attraction' Killer Carolyn Warmus Released From New York Prison

Default 'Fatal Attraction' Killer Carolyn Warmus Released From New York Prison

Hide your bunnies.

A former New York schoolteacher who was convicted of killing her lover's wife in a case dubbed the Fatal Attraction murder has been released from prison.

Carolyn Warmus was released from Bedford Hills prison on Monday after her parole was granted last month. Her release was first reported in the Daily News.

The now 55-year-old Warmus was sentenced to 25 years to life in prison in 1992 for the murder of Betty Jeanne Solomon.

Prosecutors said Warmus was having an affair with the victim's husband, Paul Solomon, when she shot Betty Jeanne Solomon to death in the victim's home in Greenburgh, New York on Jan. 15, 1989. Warmus has always maintained her innocence.

The case drew comparisons to the movie “Fatal Attraction” starring Glenn Close and Michael Douglas.

Carolyn Warmus, dubbed the “Fatal Attraction Killer” after she shot and killed her lover’s wife, was released from prison Monday after serving 27 years behind bars.

Warmus, a young school teacher, earned the moniker because of the disturbing similarities between her case and Glenn Close’s love-crazed character in the popular movie “Fatal Attraction,” in which Close’s character becomes so obsessed with her affair partner that she breaks into his family’s home and boils their pet bunny on the stove.
    The movie came out just a few years before the 1989 murder of Betty Jean Solomon, who was shot nine times inside her Greenburgh home, according to The New York Post.

Warmus had been having an affair with Solomon’s husband, Paul Solomon, at the time of the murder while the pair worked together at Edgemont’s Greenville Elementary School.

Carolyn Warmus, a teacher who is accused of the murder of Betty Jean Solomon, the wife of her lover and fellow school teacher Paul Solomon at Westchester County Courthouse with in the 'Fatal Attraction" trial.

Prosecutors believed Warmus shot Betty Jean in her home on Jan. 15, 1989 and then drove to meet Paul for drinks, later having sex inside his car, The New York Daily News reports.

Authorities initially suspected Paul may have committed the crime, but later turned their attention to his 23-year-old lover, arresting her in the headline-making case 13 months after Betty Jean’s death.

Warmus has long maintained her innocence, telling the parole board in 2017 that she was “found guilty because of the media attention and the publicity” surrounding the case.

Warmus was denied parole on that attempt, but was granted release from the parole board this year and walked out of the Bedford Hills Correctional Facility on Monday, according to The Rockland/Westchester Journal News.
    Warmus was convicted of second-degree murder in 1992, after an initial trial resulted in a hung jury.

To gain the conviction, prosecutors relied in part on the testimony from private investigator Vincent Parco, who testified that he had sold Warmus a .25-caliber Beretta Jetfire pistol, complete with a silencer, for $2,500 just days before the murder.

Parco is now behind bars himself after he was convicted of trying to blackmail a witness in a child sex abuse case, The Daily News reports.

Warmus received a sentence of 25 years to life after the conviction. With her new-found freedom, the 55-year-old plans to live in New York City.

https://wcbs880.radio.com/articles/f...ew-york-prison

https://www.oxygen.com/crime-time/carolyn-warmus-fatal-attraction-killer-released-from-prison-27-years-after-murdering-betty-jean-solomon

That entire look in the first pic is just...it's everything.

She looks utterly insane in the second pic...and kind of in the third pic, too.

Lovely story, though...
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

She is a sickie. Can't believe she was released.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

I don't know the case very well, but I think the husband did it and set her up,

Ooh, I remember this case very well. She was an absolute psycho stalker. There was another ex-bf and his new gf that had to get a restraining order on her as well.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    That entire look in the first pic is just...it's everything.
    This one? I think it's actually from the 1989 Emo Philips convention:

I can not convey coherently how much I hate that guy.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post

LOL, that is the only thing that explains the hair...birds of a feather bob together.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    Ooh, I'd watch that just for Virginia Madsen. She was so beautiful...
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post

Yep, separated at birth! I hate that little tw@t's voice with every fibre of my being!

Looks to me prison suites her, give her another 20 yrs.

she's the OG bunny boiler
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I remember this. Can’t believe it was so long ago. I think I was still a teenager.

Another example of how no good can come from this hairstyle. They should call it the "Guilty":

Modified version

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information