Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree180Likes

Thread: White shooter opens fire in New Zealand Mosques, kills at least 27

Default White shooter opens fire in New Zealand Mosques, kills at least 27

White supremacy is alive and well. This shooter is apparently a Trump supporter. Now the poor people New Zealand are experiencing the worst shooting in their history.

At least 27 dead as gunman believed to be a 28-year-old Australian opens fire in packed Christchurch mosque and livestreams the horrific slaughter - as more bodies are found at a second mosque

• Witnesses reported hearing 50 shots from his semi-automatic shotgun at Al Noor Mosque in Christchurch
    • The gunman live-streamed the mass shooting inside the Al Noor Mosque, which happened about 1.30pm
    • Witnesses have said they saw 'blood everywhere' and multiple people were reportedly killed in the massacre
    • One of the gunman live-streamed the mass shooting inside the mosque firing at dozens as they tried to flee

By BEN HILL FOR DAILY MAIL AUSTRALIA
    PUBLISHED: 21:22 EDT, 14 March 2019 | UPDATED: 00:08 EDT, 15 March 2019

A gunman - believed to be a 28-year-old Australian - has opened fire at a mosque in New Zealand, shooting at children and reportedly killing at least 27 people.
    Witnesses reported hearing 50 shots from his weapons including a semi-automatic shotgun and a rifle at Al Noor Mosque in Christchurch on the country's South Island.
    The gunman - who identified himself on Twitter as Brenton Tarrant - live-streamed the mass shooting inside the Al Noor Mosque, which happened about 1.30pm (11.30am AEDT) as Friday prayers were underway.
    A video seen by Daily Mail Australia shows the man firing multiple shots at dozens of people as they try to flee. A suspect is in custody but it is unclear whether it is the gunman.

The suspected gunman posted a 87-page manifesto to Twitter before the killings, describing them as a 'terrorist attack'.
    People were also reportedly shot at the nearby Linwood Masjid mosque.
    There are also reports of another shooting outside Christchurch Hospital and that a bomb was found in a car three kilometres from the mosque.
    Police have urged people near the area to stay indoors and report suspicious behaviour, describing the incident as 'critical'.

+25

A man who identified himself as Brenton Tarrant (pictured) live-streamed the massacre of dozens of people in Christchurch, New Zealand

+25

Witnesses reported hearing 50 shots and police are responding to the incident at Al Noor Mosque in Christchurch on the country's South Island. Pictured is a still from a live-stream of the shooting

+25

At least one gunman has opened fire at a mosque in New Zealand , shooting at children and killing dozens of people

+25

Witnesses reported hearing 50 shots and police are responding to the incident at Al Noor Mosque in Christchurch on the country's South Island

+25

One of the gunmen is believed to have live-streamed the mass shooting inside the Al Noor Mosque, which happened at 1.30pm as Friday prayers were underway

+25

+25

The shooter's weapons were marked with the names of other people who have carried out attacks

+25

Three shootings have taken place in Christchurch on Friday afternoon, two at mosques and another at Christchurch Hospital

AUTHORITIES RESPOND TO THE ATTACKS
    New Zealand Police Commissioner Mike Bush said there were multiple casualties as a result of shootings at two mosques and at Christchurch Hospital.
    He urged Muslims in New Zealand not to go to mosques today.
    Mr Bush said one person was in custody.
    New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said the attacks were 'one of New Zealand's darkest days'.
    'My thoughts, and I'm sure the thoughts of all New Zealanders, are with those who have been affected, and also with their families,' she said

My thoughts are also to those in Christchurch, who are still dealing with an unfolding situation.'
    Ms Ardern said the shootings were 'an unprecedented act of violence, an act that has absolutely no place in New Zealand. This is not who we are.
    'The people who were the subject of this attack today, New Zealand is their home. They should be safe here. The person who has perpetuated this violent act against them, they have no place in New Zealand society.'
    SICKENING ATTACK SHARED ONLINE
    The gunman entered the Al Noor Mosque on Friday during afternoon prayers and opened fire.
    The distressing video streamed on his Facebook shows the 28-year-old man firing more than 100 shots at those inside.
    His guns were scrawled with the names of past mass killers and cities where the shootings occurred.
    The gunman's rampage began when he got into his car wearing military-style body armour and a helmet saying 'let's get this party started'.
    He then drove to the mosque listening to folk music and military tunes before parking in an alley around the corner.

+25

The alleged gunman taking for his Facebook livestream before the Christchurch mosque shooting

+25

Shooters rampage began when he got into his car wearing military-style body armour and a helmet saying 'let's get this party started'

+25

After retrieving one of at least six assault rifles stored in his car, he walked up to the front door and began firing at the first person he saw

After retrieving one of at least six guns stored in his car, he walked up to the front door and began firing indiscriminately at worshippers inside.
    The gunman stormed inside and fired quick bursts and anyone he saw. One wounded man tried to crawl away but was shot again after he calmly reloaded.
    He fired into crowds of huddled worshipers, sometimes not even looking where he was shooting, reloading numerous times.
    When then sound of his gun stopped between magazines, the moaning of wounded people could be heard until the shots began again.
    Several times he stood over wounded men, calmly reloaded his gun, then shot them multiple times to make sure they were dead.
    THE SHOOTER'S MANIFESTO
    In the shooter's manifesto shared to Twitter he mentions being inspired by other shooters including Anders Breivik who killed 77 people in Oslo, Norway in 2011.
    He said he 'disliked' Muslims and hated those who had converted to the religion, calling them 'blood traitors'.
    The shooter said he originally wanted to target a mosque in Dunedin, south of Christchurch, after watching a video on Facebook.
    'But after visiting the mosques in Christchurch and Linwood and seeing the desecration of the church that had been converted to a mosque in Ashburton, my plans changed,' he wrote.
    'The Christchurch and Linwood mosques had far more invaders.'
    The shooter said he was motivated to carry out the attack by the death of Swedish schoolgirl Ebba Akerlund, a girl who was killed in a terrorist attack in Stockholm in April 2017.
    The shooter said he was a supporter of Donald Trump as a 'symbol of renewed white identity and common purpose'.

THERE WERE BODIES ALL OVER ME'
    Mohammed Jama, the former president of the Muslim Association of Canterbury, said a man with a gun entered the Christchurch Mosque about 1.40pm local time on Friday.
    A man inside the mosque at the time of the shooting said there 'bodies all over me'.
    Witnesses inside the mosque reported seeing 15 people being shot, including children.
    A man who escaped the mosque during the shooting said he saw his wife lying dead on the footpath.
    'My wife is dead,' he said while wailing.

+25

Witness Ahmad Al-Mahmoud described one of the shooters as being white, with blond hair and wearing a helmet and bulletproof vest

+25

The mosque has capacity to hold more than 300 people

Witness Ahmad Al-Mahmoud described one of the shooters as being white, with blond hair and wearing a helmet and bulletproof vest.
    'The guy was wearing like an army [suit]. He had a big gun and lots of bullets. He came through and started shooting everyone in the mosque, everywhere,' Ahmad Al-Mahmoud told Stuff.
    'They had to smash the door - the glass from the window and the door - to get everyone out.
    'We were trying to get everyone to run away from this area. I ran away from the car park, jumping through the back [yard] of houses.'
    Al-Mahmoud said the man was 'wearing a helmet' and must have fired 'hundreds' of gunshots.
    Another witness said he ran behind the mosque to call the police after hearing the gun go off.
    'I heard the sound of the gun. And the second one I heard, I ran. Lots of people were sitting on the floor. I ran behind the mosque, rang the police.
    'I saw one gun on the floor. Lots of people died and injured.'
    WHAT WE KNOW SO FAR

Multiple people have been shot at mosques across Christchurch, New Zealand.
    A shooting has also happened at Christchurch Hospital.
    Armed police are in attendance at all three locations.
    One of the gunmen is believed to have live-streamed the mass shooting inside the Al Noor Mosque, which happened about 1.30pm as Friday prayers were underway.
    The Bangladesh cricket team were inside the Al Noor Mosque at the time of the shooting.
    Another shooting has reportedly taken place at nearby Linwood Mosque.
    Gunmen reportedly opened fire across the city on Friday afternoon.
    At least 27 have reportedly been killed.

BANGLADESH CRICKET TEAM NARROWLY ESCAPED
    Bangladesh players and support staff have been preparing for the third test of a series against New Zealand, set to begin on Saturday, and were walking through Hagley Park when shooting broke out at the Al Noor mosque.
    Tweets from sports reporters and team members say the group 'just escaped' the shooting, which saw a man enter the mosque and fire multiple shots at dozens of people as they tried to flee.
    A man believed to be the shooter has been taken into custody, but it is not known if there are other offenders.
    The team's opening batsman, Tamim Iqbal said on Twitter the 'entire team got saved from active shooters'.
    He said it was a 'frightening experience' and asked supporters to keep the team in their prayers.
    Test captain Mushfiqur Rahim said Allah had saved the team.
    'We r [sic] extremely lucky,' he wrote. 'Never want to see this things [sic] happen again... pray for us.'

+25

The Bangladesh cricket team (pictured) were on their way to Al Noor Mosque when shooting broke out inside

Shrinivas Chandrasekaran, the team's performance and strategic analyst said they had 'just escaped active shooters'. He said their hearts were pounding and there was 'panic everywhere'.
    ESPN cricinfo correspondent Mohammad Isam told the New Zealand Herald the team were 'not in a mental state to play cricket at all,' following the horrific attack.
    'I think they want to go back home as soon as possible. Iím speaking from experience, Iím speaking from what Iíve heard,' he said.
    'Everyone is at the Hagley Park dressing room ... two players are back at the hotel. They didnít come out for the prayers so they are back at the hotel and the entire coaching staff are safe.'
    Cricket executives are believed to be reconsidering holding the third test, which was scheduled to start on Saturday.

+25

A man was seen with bloodstains on his trousers near the mosque after the shooting

+25

A police officer gestures to a person outside the mosque after the shooting in Christchurch

A witness told Radio New Zealand he heard shots fired and saw 'blood everywhere'.
    Mr Jama said four people were injured and that he saw two people lying on the ground. He did not know if they were alive or dead, Stuff reported.
    There may have been more than one shooter inside the mosque, the New Zealand Herald reported.
    A man inside the mosque said he ran behind the building when he heard gunfire, One News reported.
    He said he saw people lying on the ground in pools of blood.
    A woman told the Christchurch Star she lay down in her car as four or five men came running towards her before hearing gunfire moments later.

+25

A shirtless man speaks on the phone as an armed police officer patrols the area outside a mosque in Christchurch

The gunman's rifle and magazines reportedly had the names of other shooters who had killed people at mosques written on them.
    A bomb was found in a grey Subaru Legacy three kilometres from the scene of the shooting on Strickland Street, The Guardian reported.
    Another witness said people had to smash windows to escape the mosque.
    A second gunman was reportedly seen near another mosque in Linwood and an armed police presence is there.

+25

Witnesses reported they heard 20 shots and police are responding to the incident at Al Noor Mosque in Christchurch on the country's South Island

+25

Police have urged people near the area to stay indoors and report suspicious behaviour, describing the incident as 'critical'

+25

Several people have reportedly been killed, with a dead body seen near Al Noor Mosque (interior pictured)

Twenty armed police officers cleared areas in the suburb of Linwood, and led about five men with their hands on their heads out of a building in the area.
    Police Commissioner Mike Bush said the shooting was a 'serious and evolving situation with an active shooter'.
    'Police are responding with its full capability to manage the situation, but the risk environment remains extremely high,' he said.
    'Police recommend that residents across Christchurch remain off the streets and indoors until further notice. Christchurch schools will be locked down until further notice.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6811785/Shooter-opens-fire-New-Zealand-injures-four-people-witnesses-say-heard-20-shots.html
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

This MAGAt “White lives matter” loser supposedly posted this on 8chan about the attack. I am listening to a guy from New Zealand on the radio who is in Los Angeles say he heard a rumor from back home there are other shootings going on. Please god, I hope this is not true. Is there really a big white supremacy gathering In Australia?

Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

Listening to news conference from New Zealand. 4 people in custody in ChristChurch. One person in custody was a woman.
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

I don't know what to say anymore. I wish there were a Minority Report for terrorist murderers because I don't know how else to deal with these people.

When I posted that article about the rowdy tourists in New Zealand a while back, it gave me the impression that New Zealand is a fairly peaceful place. How in the world did these people get these guns and body armor?
    sputnik and C_is_for_Cookie like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

AR-15 is what I hear was their gun of choice. All I have ever heard about New Zealand is how lovely all the people are. Such a peaceful place and the LAST fucking place I would expect this backwood White power bullshit. I am seriously done with this planet.
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

This is all political correctness’ fault
    witchcurlgirl and Waterslide like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

The world is so fucked up. Awful.
    czb, sputnik and Waterslide like this.

And there are people on SM sharing his go pro footage.(turned off auto play on all my devices -which i actually should have done a long time ago) Who does that? IT is sick and why give this guy a platform?
    Waterslide likes this.

After the devastating attacks on mosques in Christchurch today, this is Queensland Senator Fraser Anning's response #auspol

-Prince Rogers Nelson

Wtf!

Before I went to bed last night, I thought I had seen a news item about a mass shooting in NZ. Then, as I was walking into the gym, I see in the Daily Mail that 49 people have been killed.

The shooter cited Trump and Candace Owens among his inspirations. Owens responded with a denial and multiple LOL's and a laughing emojis. And when people criticized her for it, she said she was laughing at liberals trying to blame her. No - the actual shooter was blaming you, you toxic moron.

^^^^^
    of course trump and Owens were inspirations.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnygirl View Post
    What the actual fuck? Is this a parody?
    Plus, wasn’t one of the shooters Australian? You’d think he’s be a little considerate. Also, I love how in his twisted mind this is “violent vigilantism”, because of course it’s only terrorism if the perpetrators are brown.
    Actually i’m not that surprised, given the calibre of Australian right wing politicians and their racism and xenophobia, and the people that vote for them.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

And Trump has tweeted his "warmest sympathies", whatever those are. He doesn't give a shit.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    Actually i’m not that surprised, given the calibre of Australian right wing politicians and their racism and xenophobia, and the people that vote for them.
    This is happening everywhere now, sadly.

49 so far..this is sickening...no one,no where is remotely safe anymore...
    Brookie likes this.
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information