Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Jayme Closs Found Alive

Default Jayme Closs Found Alive

Missing 13-year-old Jayme Closs found alive in Wisconsin

By Sheena Jones and Nicole Chavez, CNN
    Updated 8:19 AM ET, Fri January 11, 2019

(CNN)Jayme Closs, a 13-year-old girl who vanished after her parents were found dead in their northwestern Wisconsin home, has been found alive, the Barron County Sheriff's Department said.

The Douglas County Sheriff's Department in Wisconsin notified the Barron County Sheriff's Department on Thursday that they had located Jayme alive.

She was found late Thursday afternoon in Gordon, Wisconsin, a town about 66 miles north of where Jayme was last seen, the Douglas County Sheriff's Office said.

A suspect was taken into custody about 10 minutes after authorities found Jayme, the sheriff's office said.

Though authorities didn't immediately release more details, a woman told the Star Tribune in Minneapolis that Jayme approached her for help Thursday afternoon while the woman was walking her dog.

They rushed to a neighbor's home, where someone called 911, the Star Tribune reported.

Authorities have said they will hold a news conference Friday morning.

Jayme's aunt, Sue Allard, said her niece was in the hospital Thursday night.

"There was rumors earlier today, and I prayed and prayed, and they come to not be true," Allard told CNN affiliate WCCO reporter Mary McGuire. "And I just shut myself totally down. I thought today was going to be the day, and then I find out two hours later that she's found and I just cannot believe this."

Jayme vanished October 15, and her parents, James and Denise Closs, were found fatally shot in their home near Barron, a town of 3,300 people in northwestern Wisconsin.

Investigators say a mysterious 911 call led deputies to discover the bodies. The call was "pinged" to the Closs home. When the dispatcher called the number back, a voicemail greeting indicated the phone belonged to Denise Closs. The log does not indicate who made the 911 call, but the dispatcher heard yelling in the background.

Police arrived to find the door kicked in, but no one was there. Investigators said they believed Jayme was at home during the shooting.
    "Finally, we want to especially thank the family for their support and patience while this case was ongoing. We promised to bring Jayme home and tonight we get to fulfill that promise. From the bottom of my heart THANK YOU!" Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald said in a statement.

"This case has been very trying on the family so please respect their privacy and we reunite them later tonight."

Thousands of people joined search parties for months as investigators received thousands of tips. The FBI offered a cash reward for information on Jayme's whereabouts, and hunters in the area were urged to be on the lookout for clues.

In December, the Barron County Clerk of Courts Officededicated its Christmas tree to Jayme. The decorations spelled out her name in big, glittery letters, and they included green bulbs and ribbons. The color green is often used to raise awareness of missing children.

In the days after Jayme's disappearance, law enforcement officials assured the public they believed she was alive and in danger.
    Another of Jayme's aunts, Jennifer Smith, pleaded with those who knew where the girl was to contact the sheriff's department.

"Jayme, we need you here with us to fill that hole we have in our hearts," Smith said shortly after the girl went missing. "We all love you to the moon and back. And we will never stop looking for you."

Barron, a town of less than 3 square miles, has a population of about 3,300, according to US Census figures. It is about a one-hour, 50-minute drive from Minneapolis, and is about 50 minutes from Eau Claire, Wisconsin.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/10/us/ja...und/index.html

fgg, palta and dowcat like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

That poor kid has been through a lot, but it's amazing that she is alive.

I saw this on the news this morning. Wow. Shades of Elizabeth Smart. That poor girl.

Anxiously awaiting more details on the perp.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Yes, Elizabeth Smart! I was trying to remember her name all morning.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Yes, Elizabeth Smart! I was trying to remember her name all morning.
    Wasn't there a 15 year old girl whose parents and brother were shot and killed by a guy who abducted her and they found both of them at a camp site and shot the guy dead? I was trying to remember how long ago that was.

Watching the news conference now. Suspect is in custody, some 21-year-old guy.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

That's a lot of hair loss for a 21-year-old. He looks like an incel to me.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    He looks like an incel to me.
    I'm predicting a lot of self-righteous posts on 4CHAN.
    Sarzy, greysfang, Brookie and 1 others like this.

All I've heard so far is that he had no connection to the family, but targeted her. The town where she was found was about 60 miles away from her home.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Ugh he does look like an incel. Poor girl. I'm glad she's been found alive but she's going to have a very tough time ahead of her.
    Brookie and C_is_for_Cookie like this.

he totally looks like a nasty, pasty incel/reddit user.

i wonder why/how he decided to target her? did they have any contact at all?
    Brookie likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

He worked one day for her parents' employer and then quit.

Jamie was targeted, which I think everyone thought was the case.

^^^ Oooh, I hadn't heard that yet. But where did he see her if he only worked with the parents for one day?? So many questions.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

I suspected he targeted her through social media but her parents hired him???
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

I'm not sure what their positions were, but they worked for a local employer (chicken plant?) so he would have been the parents' co-worker, unless one of them was his manager?
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information