Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: Husband arrested in killing of pregnant wife, 2 young kids; her body found

fgg

Default Husband arrested in killing of pregnant wife, 2 young kids; her body found

Husband arrested in killing of pregnant wife, 2 young kids; her body found

A Colorado man is facing charges in connection with the killing of his pregnant wife and two young daughters after the mother and their little girls went missing earlier this week.

Shanann Watts, who was 15 weeks pregnant, and the couple's daughters, Celeste, 3, and Bella, 4, were reported missing Monday by a family friend, according to police in Frederick, about 35 miles north of Denver.

A body believed to be Shanann Watts has been recovered, officials said Thursday.

Authorities have a "strong reason to believe" they know where the girls' bodies are and recovery efforts are underway, officials added.

Watts' husband, Chris Watts, who initially spoke out to the media when his family went missing, was taken into custody Wednesday.

Chris Watts, 33, was booked on three counts each of first-degree murder and tampering with physical evidence. He is set to appear at a bond hearing Thursday afternoon.

"I'm pissed, raged, miserable," Shanann Watts' brother, Frankie Rzucek, told ABC News.

"I just want to know why," he wrote on Facebook. "My precious family my one and only sibling, my sister Shanann, 2 adorable nieces Bella and Celeste and her soon to be found out unborn son Niko."

"May Satan have mercy on his soul," Frankie Rzucek wrote.

Family friends who stood by the husband said they were shocked to hear of his arrest.

Chris Watts had initially told reporters that his wife, 34, disappeared without a trace, leaving her purse and keys at home.

"When I came home and then walked in the house, nothing. Vanished. Nothing was here," he told ABC Denver affiliate KMGH-TV Tuesday. "My kids are my life. ... I mean, those smiles light up my life."

Friends who spoke with Chris Watts after his family's disappearance said the only thing missing in the house was his daughter's treasured baby blanket.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/husband-ar...opstories.html

The Latest: Bodies of Colorado family found on oil property

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/16...man-found.html

i didn't follow this story but i saw this on the news this morning. they showed a clip of him asking for information and their safe return. no emotion or feeling at all.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I've been following this story all week and the first time i saw this asshole on TV I knew he had killed them. I hope he gets the death penalty killing a pregnant woman and two toddlers. Fucker.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I was watching this on the noon news. The interviews of him right after. I could not tell he was lying. He looked so convincing. But these psychopaths lie like it's no big deal. What a fucker.
    Brookie, fgg and BITTER like this.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

God. That facebook pic.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

What the fuck?
    fgg likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

The rest of her social media is all shilling magical MLM stickers. Which is just as creepy.
    Waterslide likes this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/20/us/christopher-watts-colorado-wife.html

Charged With Killing His Family, Colorado Man Turns Blame on Wife

Christopher Watts, accused of killing his wife and two daughters, at a bond hearing last week. Mr. Watts told the police that he killed his wife after she strangled the children, according to an arrest warrant affidavit.CreditPool photo by Joshua PolsonThe Colorado man who is accused of killing his pregnant wife and two daughters before dumping them at an oil work site told the police that it was his wife who strangled the children — and that he strangled her out of rage, according to an affidavit for an arrest warrant released on Monday.The man, Christopher Watts, 33, had been having an affair with a co-worker, the police said, and had told his wife he wanted to separate during an emotional conversation in the middle of the night on Aug. 13.
    Afterward, he told the police, he had looked at the family’s baby monitor and seen his wife strangling their daughter Celeste, 3. Their other daughter, Bella, 4, was lying on her bed and appeared blue, he said. After that, he strangled his wife, he told the police.
    But the authorities believe Mr. Watts — who gave a television interview pleading for the return of his family before he was arrested — is responsible for all three deaths.

Advertisement

On Monday, he was charged with murder in the deaths of his wife, Shanann, 34, as well as their daughters. He faces a total of nine criminal counts, including unlawful termination of a pregnancy and tampering with dead bodies.
    James E. Merson, a public defender who is representing Mr. Watts, did not respond to requests for comment on Monday.

Though Mr. Watts said he did not kill his children, he said he did dump their bodies in oil tanks and bury their mother nearby, according to the affidavit.
    The next day, Aug. 14, after his family was reported missing, he stood on his porch and pleaded in an interview with a television reporter for his wife and two young children to come home.

“Shanann, Bella, Celeste, if you’re out there, just come back,” Mr. Watts said, staring into the camera. “If somebody has her, just bring her back. I need to see everybody, I need to see everybody again. This house is not complete without anybody here.”

He eventually confessed to knowing where they were and showed investigators where to find them on an aerial photograph of the oil site, according to the affidavit.
    The bodies were found on the property of the Anadarko Petroleum Corporation, an oil company where Mr. Watts worked, the authorities said. He was fired on the day of his arrest, according to a company spokeswoman.
    The defense has asked the authorities to take swabs of the children’s necks and suggested that DNA may still be present, despite the fact that their bodies were submerged in oil for several days, according to court records.
    In a news conference on Monday, Michael J. Rourke, the Weld County district attorney, declined to answer specific questions about the case. Afterward, a spokeswoman for the district attorney’s office did not respond to a request for comment about Mr. Watts’s account of what happened.
    Nickole Atkinson, a friend of Ms. Watts, said in an interview with ABC’s “Good Morning America” broadcast on Monday that she had reported her friend missing after Ms. Watts, who was 15 weeks pregnant, had missed a doctor’s appointment.

“She was going to get to hear the baby’s heartbeat,” Ms. Atkinson said in the interview.
    She expressed little surprise that Mr. Watts had been implicated in the deaths. “He wasn’t being the loving Chris that he normally was,” Ms. Atkinson said. “He wasn’t touching or hugging or doing stuff like that. He wasn’t being as attentive to the girls as he normally is.”
    At the prosecutor’s news conference on Monday, Ms. Watts’s father made a brief statement. Through tears, he thanked the authorities for their help and thanked the community for an outpouring of support.
    “Keep the prayers coming for our family,” he said.

"Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

fgg

Chris Watts Was Allegedly Cheating on Wife Shanann with Coworker Before Murdering His Family: Authorities

Colorado triple murder suspect Chris Watts was “actively involved in an affair with a coworker” before killing his family last week, according to allegations in court documents obtained by PEOPLE.

Watts, who has been charged with the first-degree murders of his 15-weeks-pregnant wife, Shanann, and their two children — 4-year-old Bella and 3-year-old Celeste — had allegedly denied the affair to police, an arrest affidavit shows. Authorities said they carried out a two-day investigation and confirmed the infidelity, however.

Investigators have redacted several lines of the affidavit in the paragraph pertaining to the alleged affair. The coworker has not yet been identified.

Chris’ marital impropriety was one of many blockbusters in the affidavit, which was released on Monday. He also allegedly admitted he killed Shanann — but only after, he claimed, he “went into a rage” when she strangled one of their daughters.

In addition to murder, prosecutors have charged Chris, 33, with three counts of tampering with a dead body and unlawful termination of a pregnancy in the first-degree. He was taken into custody on Wednesday night, two days after Shanann, was reported missing by a friend about 12 hours after they got back from a business trip.

Her body and the bodies of her girls were found on Thursday.

In the intervening days, as investigators worked on what appeared to be a missing persons case, Chris initially said that he had talked to Shanann on Monday after waking up about 5 a.m., after she got home from her work trip just before 2 a.m., and he told her he wanted to separate, the arrest affidavit alleges.

Chris said that while he and Shanann “were emotional,” the conversation was “civil,” according to the affidavit.

Speaking with authorities later, Chris again said that he saw Shanann on Monday — this time around 4 a.m. — and “informed her he wanted to go through with a separation and they were both upset and crying,” police said in the arrest affidavit.

Chris claimed Shanann “told him she was going to a friend’s house that day.”

Finally, in another police interview, after law enforcement allegedly uncovered the affair and after he asked to speak with his father, Chris said he would “tell the truth.”

He contended that he and Shanann had in fact talked about him wanting to separate after she got back from her trip early Monday but then he “walked downstairs for a moment” and when he got back to their bedroom he saw, via a baby monitor, that daughter Bella was “sprawled” and “blue” on her bed — apparently already dead — while Shanann was allegedly “actively strangling Celeste,” the affidavit states.

At that point, Chris claimed, he “went into a rage and ultimately strangled Shanann to death” before loading “all three bodies onto the back seat of his work truck,” according to the affidavit.

He then allegedly took them to an oil site owned by the company he was working for (he has since been fired) and then buried Shanann and hid his daughters’ bodies in oil tanks, where they stayed for roughly four days.

Causes of death in the three killings have not yet been released. Authorities have not confirmed their suspected motive, though in charging Chris with murder they dismissed his account of what happened.

He is next set to return to court on Tuesday. He has not entered a plea and his public defender has not responded to PEOPLE’s multiple requests for comment.

“It’s really sad. It’s beyond belief, really,” a friend of the couple, Kris Landon, tells PEOPLE. “And it makes you wonder about other people you know. If this couple who seemed so perfect was like this, what are the other couples like?”

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...021556089.html
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

What is wrong with people? Is divorce so unthinkable that murdering your pregnant wife and 2 toddlers sounds like the better idea?

The friend above is right on, how does someone that sociopathic fly under the radar so long?
    fgg, czb, weathered1 and 2 others like this.

This bullsh*t, where somebody murders somebody else and then makes up a fanciful, slanderous story about why they murdered them.

It reminds me of that millionaire a-hole (Robert Durst) who was hiding out in a flophouse and killed the neighbor in the next apartment and then dismembered him and put his body parts in bags that ended up floating around Galveston. His defense was that the guy attacked him first or something and that he killed him in self defense. And then panicked and dismembered his body and hid the pieces because he figured the authorities wouldn't believe him. He got away with it.

You shouldn't be allowed to put in a defense like that at all unless you notify the authorities immediately afterward that you killed the other person.
    Shinola and Waterslide like this.

Yeah, well Durst had affluenza. Justified.

I think where Watt's story falls apart is how he disposed of his girls (worst Take Your Child To Work Day ever). If his wife had gone mental and killed the kids -- as is his story -- and then he killed her in some fit of rage, I can see that he might have decided to just hide everything and pretend it never happened, because people can be stupid enough to think something like that would work, but I cannot conceive putting the kids in an oil tank. Their bodies were not treated with care or respect. Hers was buried; the girls were not.

Reminds me of Jeffrey MacDonald who killed his pregnant wife and 2 young daughters and then made up some bullshit story about crazed hippies breaking in to his house.

This guy's bullshit is even worse, good luck with that defense, buddy. Right, he's so enraged over the death of his kids that he kills his wife, who is pregnant with his 3rd child. Makes sense. And I agree, the way he dumped his kids bodies showed no regard for them at all. And what, the wife couldn't fit in an oil drum so he had to bury her? Ugh.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

They've found women's bodies stuffed into oil drums before. I wonder if he was just too lazy to try to fold her in there or if rigor mortis had set in already.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

was it a drum or was it one of those tanks like this:

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information