Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Missing from Brooklyn, Iowa, since July 18th

Default Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Missing from Brooklyn, Iowa, since July 18th

Of course, the board won't let me edit ....

I also believe she had a FitBit that is missing, as well, but I'm not certain.

Most recent article:
    Mollie Tibbetts' disappearance shook Iowa town 'to its core,' community watch organizer says

BROOKLYN, Iowa – A community watch organizer in Brooklyn, Iowa, said Wednesday that in a town where “not a lot of big things happen,” the disappearance of college sophomore Mollie Tibbetts has “shaken the community to its core.”
    Scott Hawkins described the town where he grew up as a normally safe neighborhood where everyone knows everyone.
    “This is a close knit community. We don’t have a lot of big things happen here crime wise. … I mean, this is something that’s shaken the community basically to its core,” he told Fox News in an interview.
    Hawkins said that members of the community “are on edge,” and that the disappearance of Tibbetts, 20, is something that affects them personally.
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2)][/COLOR]

“Any child in this community is basically a child of the entire community. We all stick together, we’re all part of, you know, one big group of people that knows everybody. So for somebody to go missing like this, and disappear off the face of the Earth with no trace, basically, this is a shock. This is something that, it’s made a lot of people really uncomfortable.”
    MOLLIE TIBBETTS’ DAD PLEADSTO TECH COMPANIES TO HELP HIM FIND HIS DAUGHTER
    Hawkins said that he and a few friends decided to form this community watch group a few weeks ago because they didn’t have a constant police presence other than the sheriff’s department.
    “They can’t be everywhere at once.”
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2)][/COLOR]

He said that while the town always has been safe for the most part, since his group has been around, they have picked up a few “questionable people” over the last few weeks.
    Hawkins told Fox News that there is a noticeable change in the community since Mollie’s disappearance on July 18.
    MOLLIE TIBBETTS VIDEO SHOWS HER ACTING ‘TOTALLY NORMAL’ THE DAY BEFORE SHE VANISHED, FRIEND SAYS
    “You don’t see a lot of kids around the parks like they used to. … You don’t see a lot of people jogging around town like they used to,” he said. “It’s really shaken a lot of people around here.”
    As a father himself, Hawkins feels for the Tibbetts family, who he says are “great people.”
    “Every day that goes by is just another day that is unimaginable. The family that I know, they are great people. Her boyfriend’s family, they’re great people. Everybody that surrounded them, they’re all good people around here. … I can’t fathom the strain that’s been put on this family. It’s heartbreaking.”
    Hawkins said that the community is “scared,” but they are “trying to keep positive.”
    “We’re all keeping hope every day. It’s alive in all of us.”
    Last edited by Nevan; August 9th, 2018 at 04:01 AM.
    Waterslide likes this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

OMG ... can the mods reverse an edit??? I just typed paragraphs and paragraphs with so much info on the case and when I went to post another article, it somehow EDITED my first post instead of starting a new one! All that typing GONE!
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Mollie Tibbetts news has been all over the place. The whole state is practically in a panic. There have been several Facebook posts about about 40 people have gone missing in Iowa in 10 days, everyone is being kidnapped! It's been so bad that the Iowa Dept of Public Safety had to release a statement and said these numbers are completely average and this is the typical number of people reported missing, and 95% of them are found or return home. There are Facebook posts every day about how groups of men are following women around Target or Walmart, and we should all be prepared in case we get kidnapped. People are losing their minds.

Brooklyn is a super small town. There are more kids in my son's high school than live in this town. I've never been to this place, and not really 100% how I would even get there. I believe it's close to I-80, but I would venture that someone in that town did it or knows something.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

^ Well, that's the part that truly makes everyone edgy, isn't it? A stranger passing through holds little terror compared to an evil friend and neighbor, someone you have known all your life, hiding in plain sight.

I've been reading about this case. I hope they find her soon.

She's been all over our news here, too, I think on the chance someone came off of I-80 and grabbed her. The pics I'm seeing from the location that she was last seen seems like miles of corn field. I know they use dogs in those instances, and I assume they've had planes and helicopters in the air, but I can't understand how they find anyone with that much earth to cover. But then, she might have just been taken, not left. We're hoping. Sad thing to hope for.

Who are the "questionable people" that have moved into the area?

Also, as for the I-80 thing, my FBI source (i.e., a Criminal Minds episode circa 2008) tells me that the FBI actually has people that study the patterns of murders and disappearances that happen along interstates. I wonder if there is a pattern there.
    C_is_for_Cookie and Beeyotch like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

I had so so so much information typed out and lost the whole post. I don't know if I have it in me to type it out again. :-/

^I know that feeling, Nevan. If I have a ton of stuff to type out now, whether it be on Facebook,Twitter, here, or wherever, I just open notepad and type it there and copy and paste (which works fine as long as your computer doesn't shut off for some reason). I've had so many things on the internet dump and disappear and then I just give up.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

I remember the Tammy Zywicki case. Interesting. People on and off the highway, miles of dumping ground...

I live in Iowa and this has been on the new for weeks. Two more girls just went missing this morning.

https://www.kcci.com/article/police-search-for-2-iowa-girls-who-went-missing-this-morning/22699861

As Louis said, people are freaking out about the number of people gone missing, but sadly, it is normal.

Her father recently made a statement that he thinks she is with someone she knows and that person has let it escalate and now doesnt know what to do. If this is true, I'm sure the FBI/Police are not happy about this statement.

They've searched a pig farm several times. Thanks to Criminal Minds, I know that pigs will eat a dead human body in minutes. What I find odd, is that the owner of that farm refuses a polygraph test. He has a criminal history. Why cant they get a order to have him tested?

Sadly, I'm cynical, and I believe this poor girl is either dead or in another country as a sex trafficked person.

We also had a missing girl in the past week, Kayleigh Miller, 13, who's just been found safe. Last month, it was Emily Tipsword, 15, who was also found. Unfortunately, I think these girls run off with some guy and don't understand the panic it causes when they don't answer phone calls/texts.

I think Mollie's gone too. Due her age, being a college student, most of the time you are smarter than a jr/high school teenage girl, and don't just disappear without foul play. But there's also Johnny Gosch, who's mother claims was sex trafficked back in the 80's.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Quote Originally Posted by Froogy View Post
    They've searched a pig farm several times. Thanks to Criminal Minds, I know that pigs will eat a dead human body in minutes. What I find odd, is that the owner of that farm refuses a polygraph test. He has a criminal history. Why cant they get a order to have him tested?
    Ah yes, the pig farm episode. Another gruesome factoid committed to memory courtesy of Criminal Minds. But anyway, that's creepy about the owner...

Quote Originally Posted by Froogy View Post
    I live in Iowa and this has been on the new for weeks. Two more girls just went missing this morning.

https://www.kcci.com/article/police-search-for-2-iowa-girls-who-went-missing-this-morning/22699861

As Louis said, people are freaking out about the number of people gone missing, but sadly, it is normal.

Her father recently made a statement that he thinks she is with someone she knows and that person has let it escalate and now doesnt know what to do. If this is true, I'm sure the FBI/Police are not happy about this statement.

Sadly, I'm cynical, and I believe this poor girl is either dead or in another country as a sex trafficked person.

There is so much misinformation out there (mostly due to social media). The bolded part is not accurate, the pig farmer (and he sold the pig farm and lives on the edge of the property, so he's really not a pig farmer anymore) took a polygraph test earlier this week. The FBI have not released his results and he says they didn't tell him if he passed or not (and maybe it's just the movies and TV, but I thought they told you after the test if you passed ... because if you didn't, there'd be more interrogation). He has been a major focus for LE, but they're obviously looking into other scenarios as well. He's let them search his house, property and electronics multiple times without a warrant. There was an unverified report that a red shirt was found near the farm, she works at a day care and they wear red t-shirts to work. Her mother has not let on to the media (I'm sure the FBI have already asked her this question) if Mollie was actually missing a red work shirt. This is what spurred the initial interest about the "pig farmer". He does have two charges of stalking in the past several years, but it appears they were related to his ex-wife, and not some random stalking victim. I'm pretty on the fence about the "pig farmer", just like most other information about this case. It just doesn't fit somehow. I also believe she's dead. I hope she's not, but the statistics are really against it. Here is a link to the video about the polygraph: Farmer took lie detector test in Mollie Tibbetts search | On Air Videos | Fox News

One tidbit I find interesting is that Dalton Jack's dogs were found in the basement after they finally realized Mollie was missing. He and his brother stated that the dogs were allowed to roam the house when anybody was home, but they would be locked up in the basement if no one was home. These are big dogs too. I think this leads credence to the theory that she left the house to jog home, but never made it there. Especially since her "last seen" outfit was her shorts, sneakers and sports bra (reports vary about whether it was black or pink). The only other items missing are her phone, earbuds and an arm pouch for her phone while jogging. She had been texting with her mother until about 7:30pm and Mollie told her mother that she was coming over for dinner and to pick up her car for work the next morning (she apparently left the car there for her brother to use). She said that dinner is always casual at their house and was not surprised when Mollie missed dinner. The brother said he was surprised to see her car still there when he woke up the next morning. Yet, no one contacted police until her job started calling her boyfriend after they had made numerous attempts to reach her without luck when she didn't show up for work. Dalton Jack received a Snapchat video from Mollie the night before. He read it around 10-10:30pm, but is unsure when it was actually sent (I don't Snapchat so I have no idea if they timestamp). The video was recorded in Dalton Jack's home. Both Dalton Jack and his brother have been cleared by the FBI.

Also, there is wild speculation (and I think some profilers also agreed) that the father was instructed to say that in case she was in a kidnapping situation. It's reassuring the "unsub" that right now, he's only done kidnapping and hasn't progressed to murder. Yet. We don't know if this is true, again just speculation.

Pigs can eat a human body, including the bones, but they always leave behind at least the teeth and the hair. They don't digest those. (late dinner ruined, ugh) I've read that the farm is a huge industrial farm and doesn't house pigs, but I've also read that you can see pigs if you zoom into Google Earth on the property. Reddit is out of control about this story, so much misinformation there. People are posting hypothesis about what they think happened to Mollie or about information speculation and then it's written in another thread as FACT.

It is FREAKY how many teens and young people are reported missing each day in Iowa. 19 boys and 17 girls between the ages of 13-20 went missing in the span of 10 days. There was also a young female's body found in the middle of this disappearance of Mollie about 90 miles away. It was hours before they confirmed that it was NOT Mollie. What's behind claims of reports about a rash of missing persons in Iowa? | Fox News

And sorry, Froogy ... I'm not throwing all of this at you! I just wanted to correct the polygraph info and then I just went from there so I didn't have to start a new post.
    Waterslide, Froogy, Sarzy and 3 others like this.

That all makes sense, but I'm especially interested in the part about the Dad. I saw that CNN clip where he stated he thought it was someone she knew. I thought it seemed scripted and coached, but he did a good job being convincing.
    Nevan likes this.

No worries Nevan! I actually read an article on Yahoo about the farmer refusing, they even quoted him. Weird. Trust me, I dont read "news" on social media. Thank you for all of your information!

ETA: found it

https://nypost.com/2018/08/06/pig-fa...olygraph-test/
    Nevan likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information