Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By faithanne
  • 1 Post By Alysheba

Thread: FBI investigating YouTube video in connection with missing teen (Kayla Berg)

Bronze Member

Default FBI investigating YouTube video in connection with missing teen (Kayla Berg)

UPDATE: FBI investigating YouTube video in connection with missing teen

ANTIGO (WAOW) - The FBI is stepping in to investigate a bizarre YouTube video that some believe may be missing Antigo teen Kayla Berg.
    The video titled, "Hi Walter! I got a new gf!" was posted back in October of 2009, just a couple months after her disappearance. In it, a man describes an encounter with his new girlfriend, and then shows a woman who appears to be held captive in a locked room. That video has since been removed from the site.
    Kayla's mom Hope Sprenger was concerned that the girl in the video could be her missing daughter.
    "[It] sounded like her, looked like her, it gave me chills," Sprenger said. "Disturbing. "It made me sick to my stomach."
    Sprenger said certain details in the video had her concerned.
    "The clothing could be a big possibility," she said. "We do believe she was wearing that type of shirt, we know she had jeans."
    Kronenwetter Police Chief Daniel Joling said Tuesday the man in the video is not a resident of Kronenwetter and "I can attest to the fact unequivocally that the video was not taken in the residence here in the village."
    For Sprenger, the video is a reminder of the nightmare that began seven years ago.
    "I thought it looked a lot like her," she said. "I pray to God it's not."
    Antigo Police also say the girl at the end of the video does resemble Berg. They've received numerous tips since the video surfaces, and are actively investigating it's origin as well.
    "We'll do whatever we can to find out who's in there and identify them," Police Chief Eric Roller said. "Sometimes that's hard on the web because of wherever this stuff may originate from [but] we're going to do everything we can to get to the bottom of it.
    A man who lives in Marathon County, who appeared to look like the man in the video, has been contacted by authorities, but cleared of having anything to do with the disturbing video.

UPDATE: FBI investigating YouTube video in connection with missi - WAOW - Newsline 9, Wausau News, Weather, Sports

~~~~~~~

The video has been removed from Youtube but you can view it here on Liveleak: LiveLeak.com - Hi Walter, I got a new girlfriend today.

Interesting IMGUR link with more information & analysis: Hi Walter! I got a new gf today! - Album on Imgur

Elite Member

The identity of the man in the video is unknown? Not one person recognized him? Wow.

They need to plaster his face all over the place. Remember how they caught that one guy who was shopping around for little girls? He "swirled" his face and the FBI was able to undo it and they caught him.

The update said the video is a fake.
    Janus likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Elite Member

^ Thank you.
    Janus likes this.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    The update said the video is a fake.
    Yep thanks. Just saw the update this morning. It's not 'fake' exactly, it's a skit that was falsely linked to Kayla Berg on IMGUR and went from there.

The number of people on the Internet who are angry at the actors in the skit (which was uploaded in 2009) is a bit ridiculous though. The only 'crime' they're guilty of is not being funny.

Thread Information