Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree157Likes

Thread: Last Video of NYC Jogger Moments Before Murder

Default Last Video of NYC Jogger Moments Before Murder

New video shows moments before NYC jogger was murdered

CBS News
    Crimesider Staff4 hrs ago

NEW YORK -- New video shows the moments before New York City woman Karina Vetrano was slain while out on a jog Aug 2.#CrimeWatchDaily Exclusive: NYC jogger Karina Vetrano moments before attack. Watch more: https://t.co/gLBRjVSoIFpic.twitter.com/dljy0xxA2G
    — Crime Watch Daily (@CrimeWatchDaily) September 12, 2016In the video, obtained by Crime Watch Daily,30-year-old Vetrano is seen jogging on a street bordering the Queens park near her home where she was later found murdered. She had been strangled and possibly sexually assaulted in what police believe was a random act of violence.
    © Crime Watch Daily 1avetrano2.jpg Police Commissioner Bill Bratton said the video was released with the approval of Vetrano’s family in the hopes that someone with information may come forward, reports CBS New York. The crime remains unsolved.
    “It was provided as part of the continuing effort, along with the rewards, to try and find out what happened on that day,” Bratton told the station. “I think we have done all that we can to try and keep that story alive in the public mind and consciousness because it spread such fear through the city.”
    Last month, police released a sketch of a man who was seen in the area. Investigators also reportedly uncovered DNA they believe is the killer’s on the woman’s neck, her cellphone, and from underneath her fingernails, the station reports, but so far, they haven’t matched it.
    The reward for informationleading to Vetrano’s killer has grown to more than $300,000. A GoFundMe account set up by Vetrano’s family has raised more than $270,000, while a$35,000 reward for information is being offered by the NYPD.

You know what really bugs me are the people in the comment section who say, "well if she'd worn more clothing..." or "I don't want to blame the victim but..." As if she brought this on herself because she was jogging in August in comfortable clothing near her house. I loved the person who said she should have worn a T-shirt, apparently that's all women have to do to keep from getting murdered. Leave your gun or pepper spray at home, just grab a t-shirt and you're OK.

I liked people more before I read internet comments under news stories, now I hate everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Neptunia View Post
    You know what really bugs me are the people in the comment section who say, "well if she'd worn more clothing..." or "I don't want to blame the victim but..." As if she brought this on herself because she was jogging in August in comfortable clothing near her house.
    The first thought that occurred to me is this was what Mrs. Mo wore to jog back in the late 90's. Even in the weight room sometimes. What freaks me out is that the predator who got her was probably watching her at exactly the same time that this security cam was.
    Seapharris7 likes this.

fuck, i feel so bad for her.
    "I would have gladly held my nose and did the right thing all damn day long to keep Trump out of the fucking White House and it wouldn't have butt hurt me at all."...gas_chick

You know what really bugs me are the people in the comment section who say, "well if she'd worn more clothing..." or "I don't want to blame the victim but..." As if she brought this on herself because she was jogging in August in comfortable clothing near her house. I loved the person who said she should have worn a T-shirt, apparently that's all women have to do to keep from getting murdered. Leave your gun or pepper spray at home, just grab a t-shirt and you're OK.

I liked people more before I read internet comments under news stories, now I hate everybody.
    I know! I read those comments too & I was like WTF? Are these people serious? The audacity to try to blame the victim was beyond disgusting.

That kind of mentality is mind boggling. So, by that "logic", why do old women get raped, why do some extra sick fuckers rape babies & toddlers? I'd like to see these assholes please explain why women in 3rd world countries wearing full burqas get raped? I mean you can't get more covered up than that!

Rapists rape because they're pieces of shit who want to exert power. Victim blaming needs to stop.

Right, they empathize with the murderer, not the victim. And he's still out there amongst us.
    witchcurlgirl and holly like this.
    "I would have gladly held my nose and did the right thing all damn day long to keep Trump out of the fucking White House and it wouldn't have butt hurt me at all."...gas_chick

Right, because we all know that the mere sight of a woman jogging in a sports bra and bike shorts will turn any normal person into a ragey homicidal maniac.
    panic, kasippu and a31cefiro like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Its been a big story locally. She fought as best she could. Her hands were full of weeds that she grabbed trying to prevent being pulled off the path. She was beaten savagely, broken teeth, etc. It was her poor father that found her body. He went looking for her when she didn't come home.
    panic likes this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I saw the story today on Crime Watch. Stories like this have happened many times in Philadelphia. Folks getting attacked while jogging.

The park I go to with my baby is peaceful, and hope nothing like this ever happens to anyone. I change my route, and don't go on the same days. I use major caution, don't wear headphones, and keep a good watch in front and behind me. I know it is different for joggers though. Sad story indeed.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

people suck
    SHELLEE, panic, KrisNine and 3 others like this.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    people suck
    Yes, yes they do.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

they suck AND blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    the mere sight of a woman jogging in a sports bra and bike shorts will turn any normal person into a ragey homicidal maniac.
    word. people show more skin at the beach. i guess the beach crowd is asking for it.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    She was beaten savagely, broken teeth, etc. It was her poor father that found her body. He went looking for her when she didn't come home.
    omg, he was all worried and then found her like that.

I've been reading about this poor girl and the girl in Massachusetts. So sad. Just out jogging.

I live in one of the most ridiculously safe cities/areas in California and stuff like this happens here. There was a woman attacked on a jogging trail in Mission Viejo, which is so safe. Attacked in broad daylight, just feet from a busy street and a sidewalk.

So easy to blame the victim for things we can't understand. It's disgusting.
    a31cefiro likes this.

It really freaks me out that we're seeing her just as her murderer was seeing her. I'm a true crime junkie and the stalking/hunting aspect has always been what freaks me out the most. People watching you when you have no clue.
    holly, garysgirl1999 and a31cefiro like this.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    , etc. It was her poor father that found her body. .
    Nooooo, poor man! to find your daughter like that.
    holly and a31cefiro like this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information