• 6 Post By Neptunia
  • 2 Post By darksithbunny
  • 5 Post By Flygirl
  • 6 Post By Bluebonnet
  • 5 Post By SHELLEE
  • 1 Post By gas_chick
  • 5 Post By OrangeSlice

Thread: Police raid huge Amish party and arrest 75 teens for underage drinking

Default Police raid huge Amish party and arrest 75 teens for underage drinking

Police raid huge Amish party and arrest 75 teens for underage drinking

Arrests send shockwaves through tight-knit community which is now wondering whether it should let young people participate in Rumspringa - a period when they can experience non-Amish life

Ann Barker/Flickr
    Police arrested more than 70 people in Ohio’s Amish country at an outdoor party that was expected to draw hundreds of Amish youth.

Concerned parents tipped off the Holmes County Sheriff’s Office, warning of a huge party that was expected to bring in more than 1,000 Amish youth from neighbouring states.

More than 40 officers from surrounding counties raided the Hardy Township field late Saturday night and arrested 75 adults and juveniles for underage alcohol possession. Several received additional charges of resisting arrest. Two people were hospitalised for alcohol-related illness.

“Had a couple undercover officers go in to look for underage drinking and drugs,” Holme’s County Sheriff’s Capt Doug Hunter told Fox 8. “They weren’t in there very long until they called and said, ‘Hey, we have a lot of underage drinking going on’.”
    The Amish are a Christian sect whose members shun modern convenience in favour of an old-fashioned farming life.
    Party organisers rented the property from Clarence White, and charged $25 for entry. And while Mr White did offer security, he insisted that organisers did not ask him to verify the ages of the partygoers. Still, he believed he kept the Amish youth from danger.

“It gives them a safe place. They’re not out in the road, and everybody knows they’re going to party,” Mr White said. “They like to drink their beer and everything, so they’re going to party.

Amish leadership in the area are now calling into question the status of “Rumspringa” — a Pennsylvania Dutch term used for the time period in which unbaptised youth get to experience non-Amish life before deciding to commit to the church.
    “We’re working with the Amish leaders of the churches and the community to try to keep their young children from doing this,” Mr Hunter said, “but it’s been kind of a heritage with the Amish to go out and do this kind of thing."

I wonder how they sent word to friends in other states about the party? They can't text, email or even use a phone, I guess they wrote letters or sent word with carrier pigeons. I love this story!!

Silver Member

^^^^ lmao!
    Eat it, it'll put hairs on your chest

Well, dye me red and call me blondie

We have Amish around here and I have seen the Rumspringa ones with cell phones. They also have Mennonite friends who are allowed to use phones so that's another way they could have done it. I am surprised about the alcohol because most of them smoke pot. I guess it could have been worse, it could have been crack or something. The Amish are pretty neat community. The ones I know are nice people and the furniture they make is beautiful. I have my kitchen table and chairs made by them for half the price it would cost to buy at store and the quality is outstanding.
    Wisher and Seapharris7 like this.

An attorney that I know had to go to Pennsylvania for a deposition. He said that the Amish were cokeheads. I find that hard to believe though. He works for the State so he probably thinks that everyone is a cokehead and to be fair, we have many of them here.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Can you get a DUI in a buggy? Because some of these horses are so smart that technically they are in control and could get the owner home safely. Just curious. I know you can get one on a riding lawn mower around here (don't ask)

Quote Originally Posted by Flygirl View Post
    Can you get a DUI in a buggy? Because some of these horses are so smart that technically they are in control and could get the owner home safely. Just curious. I know you can get one on a riding lawn mower around here (don't ask)
    Like George Jones.

Cats are really just land based sharks in fur coats. - Kittylady

Quote Originally Posted by Flygirl View Post
    You can even get a DUI on a bike.
    Seapharris7, Wisher, czb and 2 others like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

And a horse.
    Wisher likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Silver Member

Lolol!!!!!!!
    Eat it, it'll put hairs on your chest

Well, dye me red and call me blondie

Lots of drug and alcohol use/abuse among the Amish youth in Lancaster, PA along with busts for selling. Well documented by news outlets in PA. I remember a case several years back about two Amish men running coke for the motorcycle gang The Pagans.

Because when will I get the chance again…

"Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Elite Member

The family went up to Lancaster, PA a couple of years ago and we went on one of those buggy rides. The guy driving was dressed up as Amish but I'm pretty sure he was just a guy in costume. I was asking him basic questions about Amish life and farming and he couldn't tell me the answer. He just kept saying "I don't know, the wife takes care of all that." The pastry shop (Bird in Hand?) we stopped at was pretty good, though.

Thread Information