• 2 Post By Trixie
  • 1 Post By blah
  • 4 Post By Trixie
  • 1 Post By witchcurlgirl
  • 4 Post By Raff

Thread: $30 Million Drug Bust on Cruise Ship in Australia

Default $30 Million Drug Bust on Cruise Ship in Australia

Three Canadians Caught in $30 Million Drug Bust on Cruise Ship in Australia

Melina Roberge (L) and Isabelle Lagacé were arrested for allegedly smuggling $30 million worth of cocaine into Australia on Aug. 28. (Instagram/melinar___)

Two women and one man were arrested on Sunday for smuggling over $30 million worth of cocaine into Australia on a cruise ship.
    Canadian nationals Melina Roberge, 23, Isabelle Lagacé, 28, and Andre Tamine, 63, were apprehended on Aug. 28 after a search of passenger cabins on the MS Sea Princess cruise ship by Australian Border Force (ABF) officers and detector dogs uncovered over 200 pounds of cocaine packed in suitcases.
    The recovery marks the largest amount of drugs seized off a cruise vessel coming into Australia, said the ABF.

It’s not yet clear if Tamine was working with the two women.
    Australian officials worked in conjunction with the US Department of Homeland Security Investigations, New Zealand Customs Service, and the Canada Border Services Agency.

Bags of cocaine found in the luggage of Canadian travelers on the MS Sea Princess cruise ship in Australia on Aug. 28, 2016. (The Australian Department of Immigration and Border Protection Service Image Library)

In 2011, the Québec police noted that Canadian and Québec-based traffickers had an interest in Australia and its high cocaine prices due to the difficulty of getting it in the country, according to TheStar.com.
    “These syndicates should be on notice that the Australian Border Force is aware of all of the different ways they attempt to smuggle drugs into our country and we are working with a range of international agencies to stop them,” ABF Assistant Commissioner, Strategic Border Command, Clive Murray said in a news release.
    Canadian Border Service Agency identified the threesome as “high-risk travellers,” reported TheStar.com

The first priority of Australia is the protection of its citizens and has made it its mission to stop prohibited drugs from entering the country.
    “The AFP [Australian Federal Police] is committed to working with its partner agencies to protect the community by stopping these dangerous drugs making their way to Australian communities, and bringing those responsible to justice,” AFP Assistant Commissioner Crime Operations Shane Connelly said.
    Roberge and Lagacé documented their two-month trip aboard the luxurious vessel on Instagram. During the last several weeks, photos of the bikini-clad pair soaking up the sun and culture in Chile, Ecuador, Peru, and Colombia dominated their social media feed.

The three suspects’ journey across the globe began in Britain in early July and spanned several ports in the Caribbean, North America, and South America before it docked in Sydney Harbour on Sunday.
    The trio were charged with importing a commercial quantity of cocaine and could face life in prison.

Three Canadians Caught in $30 Million Drug Bust on Cruise Ship in Australia

https://www.instagram.com/melinar___/?hl=en

I wonder why there isn't a photo of the guy. Welp, they had the times of their lives before going to prison. They are mules.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Poor Austrailians.
    pinkbunnyslippers likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

*sings* Druuug Boat, soon we'll be making another run...The Drug Boat promises something for everyone...

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

and drugs...won't hurt anymore...it's a friendly snort, it's an open sore....

it's drugs..welcome aboard, it's drugs!

(why do I feel like I'm ripping off Mo here?)
    twitchy2.0 and Kittylady like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

LOL, they inspect for folks sneaking liquor and even bottled water and soda onboard - good luck with trying to get drugs on a cruise ship. LOL, dumbasses.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Bronze Member

If I were the judge, I would give each of them a $200 fine and release them with a stern warning.

They are too pretty for jail!
    twitchy2.0 likes this.

*still singing*

send lawyers guns and money. the shit has hit the fan. hey!
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

So what are prisons like in Australia?

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    *still singing*

send lawyers guns and money. the shit has hit the fan. hey!
    I can never have enough Warren Zevon .
    Trixie likes this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    So what are prisons like in Australia?
    Don't you get "Wentworth" on Netflix?
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

If I don't, will you not just tell?
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Convicts arriving by boat. That's how we got started...

Thread Information