Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree209Likes

Thread: JonBenet Ramsey's brother gives his first-ever interview with Dr. Phil

Default JonBenet Ramsey's brother gives his first-ever interview with Dr. Phil

Speaking publicly on the Dr. Phil show for the first time since his younger sister JonBenét Ramsey was found dead in the family's Colorado home nearly 20 years ago, Burke Ramsey said, "I know people think I did it; that my parents did it."

"I know that we were suspects," Burke, now 29, who was 9 years old at the time of his 6-year-old sister's murder, told Dr. Phil in an exclusive three-part interview, the first part of which airs Sept. 12.

Burke and his parents, John and Patsy Ramsey, all eventually were cleared by authorities of involvement in the unsolved mystery that began when the body of JonBenét, a child pageant queen, was discovered in the basement of the family's home the day after Christmas in 1996. She was strangled with a cord around her neck and duct tape over her mouth.

The parents also reported finding a ransom note demanding the curious total of $118,000 – the exact amount of a recent bonus received by John Ramsey.
    Burke and his father are the family's sole surviving members. Patsy Ramsey, then 49, died of ovarian cancer in 2006, two years before then-Boulder District Attorney Mary Lacy stated officially that nothing tied the parents to the crime.

Dr. Phil and Burke Ramsey, brother of JonBenét Ramsey
    COURTESY THE DR. PHIL SHOW

"Has it ever occurred to you that your parents actually thought you did this and didn't ask you because they didn't want to know?" Dr. Phil asked Burke, who was interrogated by police at the time and again at age 12.

"I remember the viewing. The casket was small. Her eyes were closed," Burke recalls in describing the funeral.

Asked why he is speaking out now, JonBenét's brother answered, "I want to honor her memory by doing this interview. I don't want anyone to forget."

The 20th anniversary of the murder has generated renewed attention, with a CBS anthology docu-series, The Case of JonBenét Ramsey, to debut Sept. 18, and a movie on the Lifetime network, tentatively titled Who Killed JonBenét?, to air in November.

The three-part Dr. Phil series will be broadcast Sept. 12, Sept. 13 and Sept. 19

JonBenét Ramsey's Brother Speaks Out: 'I Know People Think I Did It' : People.com

There has to be another reason why he is doing the interview, other than "I don't want people to forget". Don't worry, we haven't.
    rollo likes this.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

I find it odd that he is doing this interview now too.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Doktor Phil probably sought Burke out and waved a lot of cash at him. His ratings will be sky high for these shows.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

For all I know, he could be a perfectly nice, normal guy, but for some reason when I saw this picture of him in the DM, he gave me the creeps:

SHELLEE, Sarzy, Brookie and 4 others like this.

Yeah, I could see creepy. It's that pervert haircut.
    Honey, Waterslide, sputnik and 2 others like this.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    For all I know, he could be a perfectly nice, normal guy, but for some reason when I saw this picture of him in the DM, he gave me the creeps:

He give me the creeps too. When she was first murdered, I thought that he did it, but also wondered how a 9 yo could do what was done to her. I wish this would get solved.

I think he looks very much like his mother. I read somewhere it is believed he's on the spectrum.
    Bluebonnet and Waterslide like this.

Yeah, I don't get it either. This kid has stayed under the radar all this time and after 20 years he suddenly wants to talk...to Dr. Phil no less? No surprise the networks are exploiting this 20 year "anniversary" but I agree there's no need for him to do an interview "so people don't forget". Money or a book deal would be the obvious reasons, revenge on his parents if he was spilling something good (which I'm sure he isn't) clearing his name? (which also won't happen because he and his parents will always be under suspicion. There are just too many theories out there and obviously no clear-cut answers)

And I so agree he looks just like his mother. It's Patsy Ramsey's face on a man. Creepy.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    And I so agree he looks just like his mother. It's Patsy Ramsey's face on a man. Creepy.
    This. Creepy is it.
    card likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Hour View Post
    I think he looks very much like his mother. I read somewhere it is believed he's on the spectrum.
    That's what it is. It's uncanny.

I wonder if the "speaking out" is to remind people that there was a real child, a real sibling and not just a story people are watching on tv. I think it's really easy for us at home to forget that this happened to someone- a little child.

ETA: and maybe Burke felt lost in the shuffle of all this. His sister died, they moved, his older sister died, his mother died, his father remarried, etc. Maybe he feels like, "what about me?"
    Last edited by Charmed Hour; September 1st, 2016 at 03:43 PM.

I didn't know that the older sister died.

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    I didn't know that the older sister died.
    She died in a car accident a few years before Jon Benet was murdered.

^ John Ramsey had 3 children from his first marriage, the eldest daughter died in a car accident in 1992, 4 years before Jon Benet's murder. So Burke and Jon Benet were quite young when that happened.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information