Like Tree14Likes
  • 2 Post By sprynkles
  • 4 Post By MohandasKGanja
  • 8 Post By Trixie

Thread: Horrible Black Widow Stacey Castor dies at 48 in prison

Default Horrible Black Widow Stacey Castor dies at 48 in prison

The "Black Widow" killer convicted of fatally poisoning her husband with antifreeze in upstate New York and suspected of slaying a previous husband in the same manner has died in prison.

Stacey Castor, 48, was serving 51 years to life at Bedford Hills Correctional Facility for Women in Westchester County when she passed away on Saturday morning.
    She was convicted in 2009 of killing David Castor and trying to kill her daughter Ashley Wallace as part of a plot to frame her for her husband's slaying.
    Additionally, she was accused of fatally poisoning her first husband in 2000.

"In my 34 years in the criminal justice system as a lawyer and a judge, I have seen serial killers, contract killers, killers of every variety and stripe," Onondaga County Judge Joseph Fahey said at the time of the conviction. "But, I have to say, Mrs. Castor, you are in a class all by yourself."
    Stacey Cantor was convicted of fatally poisoning one husband, but authorities believe she did the same to another.

(DICK BLUME/THE POST STANDARD)

David Castor's death in 2005 in the Syracuse area was initially believed to be a suicide, but investigators later found he didn't knowingly drink ethylene glycol, a toxic chemical found in antifreeze.

Stacey Castor was charged two years later, just days after investigators in neighboring Cayuga County exhumed the body of Michael Wallace, her first husband and the father of her two children.

Michael Wallace's cause of death had originally been ruled a heart attack, but authorities later ruled he died after ingesting ethylene glycol.

Stacey Castor wasn't charged in Wallace's slaying, but prosecutors used the evidence to build their case. They said she killed her husbands to collect on their life insurance policies and estates.

Stacey Castor with her first husband, Michael Wallace, and their two daughters, Ashley and Bree Wallace.

She poisoned David Castor in September of 2007 by using a kitchen baster to slip him the antifreeze, prosecutors charged. She also set up the scene to make it look like he was depressed, had gotten drunk and killed himself by drinking the toxic liquid, according to authorities.

When she feared she might be caught, Stacey Castor decided to kill her daughter and frame her for killing both husbands. She knocked out Ashley Wallace with sleeping pills, then fed her vodka and pills, according to prosecutors.

Castor then wrote a suicide note on her computer that claimed to be from her daughter confessing to killing the two men, prosecutors said.

In the suicide note, the word antifreeze is written as "anti-free" in four places. An investigator had testified that Castor said "anti-free" during an interview. Castor acknowledged saying "anti-free" but said she had cut herself off mid-word because she meant to say something else.

Stacey Castor with her second husband, David Castor.

Investigators also found that the note was written while Castor was at home and her daughter was at school.
    Castor appealed her case for years, claiming she was innocent.

With News Wire Services
    'Black Widow' believed to have killed two husbands dies in prison - NY Daily News

Last edited by sprynkles; June 16th, 2016 at 07:20 PM.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

I always felt bad for her daughter that she tried to frame... I wonder how she died
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

This story was just on Snapped and at the end of the show they said it was thought she may have killed her father too and that was being investigated. I can't imagine going through life knowing my mother nearly murdered me to cover up her own murderous rampage.
    Seapharris7 and garysgirl1999 like this.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

I miss Snapped (no cable for over 3 years). I hadn't heard Stacey tried to kill her own father too, or did you mean Ashley's father (Stacey's first husband)?

Ashley was only 11 when her dad died, I always thought it was really bizarre Stacey tried to blame his death on Ashley
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

I remember watching the episode of Forensic Files dedicated to this witch. Trying to frame your kid for murder by slipping her an antifreeze cocktail is hardcore shitty.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by Seapharris7 View Post
    I miss Snapped (no cable for over 3 years). I hadn't heard Stacey tried to kill her own father too, or did you mean Ashley's father (Stacey's first husband)?

Ashley was only 11 when her dad died, I always thought it was really bizarre Stacey tried to blame his death on Ashley
    It was Stacey's father. He was cremated at her request. It was just a very quick graphic at the end of the show. I cancelled cable a while back. One of my local over the air channels runs non stop crime shows! The Justice channel.

This was on Forensic Files. Infuriating case because she a) got away with it twice before she was caught, and b) was such a heartless sociopath, she was willing to kill her daughter to deflect the blame. I would have stuck a hose up her left nostril and then sprayed antifreeze up it until she looked like a decorative fountain.

I remember seeing this on one of those crime shows too...they interviewed her and she still swore her daughter did it. The daughter was lucky to have survived this murderous bitch.

I googled for more info on cause of death, at this point it's undetermined pending toxicology tests. No obvious trauma. I'd like to think someone poisoned her.

Instead of an RIP, this one gets a RIH (rot in hell)
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Thread Information