Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree358Likes

Thread: Promising athlete no longer wants to eat pretzels due to harsh jail sentence

Default Promising athlete no longer wants to eat pretzels due to harsh jail sentence

The Stanford Rapist’s Father Offers An Impossibly Offensive Defense Of His Son

by Alex Zielinski Jun 5, 2016 2:47 pm

CREDIT: Shutterstock

Former Stanford University student Brock Turner was found guilty Thursday for sexually assaulting an intoxicated, unconscious woman at an campus fraternity party last year. He was sentenced to six months in a county jail with probation, a ruling state officials argued was too lenient for the violent crime. Now, Turner’s father, Dan, has reportedly written a letter in opposition to his son’s sentence, blaming the case for damaging Brock’s “happy go lucky” nature and loss of appetite.
    “Now he barely consumes any food and eats only to exist,” Dan Turner reportedly writes. “These verdicts have broken and shattered him and our family in so many ways.”
    The letter was posted on Twitter by Michele Dauber, the Stanford law professor who helped draft new university procedures for penalizing sexual violence.
    Prior to his January 2015 arrest, Turner was on Stanford’s Varsity swim team — one of the best in the country. Many believed he was on a clear path to the Olympics. But this changed after the 20-year-old man was found “thrusting” on top of an unconscious woman on the ground outside a fraternity house party. Turner testified that the 22-year-old woman had given her consent, but she had no recollection of the interaction. Both were highly intoxicated.
    The woman wrote in a letter to the judge that she was forced to answer questions about her sexual history and what she was wearing, questions that have plagued countless victims of sexual assault and rape. Turner’s father only extended this narrative in his letter.
    “[His sentence] is a steep price to pay for 20 minutes of action out of his 20 plus years of life,” according to the letter posted by Dauber. It adds that Brock had “never been violent to anyone including his actions on the night of Jan 17th.”
    UPDATE JUN 5, 2016 8:24 PM

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Wow. Jeez. 20 min. of "action"? And a lifetime of PTSD and trauma for his victim. Wtf. I have no other comments for this douche canoe. I strongly recommend the film The Hunting Ground, which exposes how prevalent rape on colleges campuses is, and the extreme corruption that allows these attacks to go on without adequate punishment for the attacker.
    Last edited by MmeVertigina; June 7th, 2016 at 12:02 AM.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Oh, my heart bleeds for this little bitch.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

her statement/letter is beautifully written. powerful words.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

It's a horrible, awful shame that neither the boy nor the father understand the severity of his actions. It's also awful that the court feels the same, given that jail sentence. Really, what a gross father.
    MmeVertigina and Alysheba like this.

The father's attempts to demonstrate his son's character are laughable. Reminiscing about how, as a child, the boy would study for spelling tests the night before shows how wonderful he is? He loved to eat? That's the best he could come up with?

The more I read that letter, the more amazed I am by how out of touch the guy is.
    Alysheba likes this.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    The father's attempts to demonstrate his son's character are laughable. Reminiscing about how, as a child, the boy would study for spelling tests the night before shows how wonderful he is? He loved to eat? That's the best he could come up with?

The more I read that letter, the more amazed I am by how out of touch the guy is.
    The more I read that letter, the more I can see how his son turned into the vile POS he is. Daddy doesn't care about what his boy did, Daddy only cares that he won't be posing with his Olympic Gold Medal winning son in the future.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

^exactly

I was the only parent that cared enough to go with the team! My poor baby was desperate to fit in with those drunk partiers and it's all their fault. It was too much for someone with solid Midwestern values! He's really great at swimming! We're better than other people!
    Kittylady likes this.

-- Stephen Hawking

“[His sentence] is a steep price to pay for 20 minutes of action out of his 20 plus years of life,”
    Drop dead.
    faithanne, Brah, joebob and 6 others like this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Ok, dad, how about your son receives the same "20 minutes of action" in a public place like his victim did...? Does that sound more fair?

Elite Member

This is when vigilante justice should be legal. This father deserves to be hauled into an alley to have his ass kicked and then some. Once again, another man proves what men really think of women, and most cloak their belief with rhetoric.

I'll be right back, trying to find my tiny violin so I can play it for this asshat.

Quote Originally Posted by Alysheba View Post
    This is when vigilante justice should be legal. This father deserves to be hauled into an alley to have his ass kicked and then some. Once again, another man proves what men really think of women, and most cloak their belief with rhetoric.
    Stories like this just make me really dislike men. I need to stop reading them. (And yes I know they aren't all the same)
    Alysheba likes this.

Proving once again that the asshole doesn't fall far from the tree...

Funny (not funny haha) that the judge was criticized for giving this kid leniency. Instead of time in actual PRISON he is doing 6 months in the county JAIL. If it's anything like my State, he'll be out in 3 months. Boo fucking hoo.

Found a facebook page which I wish was a parody, maybe it is but looks like a bunch of Trump supporters hang out there. (It's got to be a parody, right?)

Brock Turner For 2016 Olympics

March 31 ·

In a tragic miscarriage of justice, Brock has been found guilty by some betas who probably never got any play in college. This sends the message that only men are capable of making decisions after they've had a few drinks, which belittles women everywhere. Everyone needs to be held accountable for their actions and it saddens us to see that the "justice" system gives one gender a free pass but holds the other gender totally accountable for both parties' actions. Hopefully, this patronizing verdict does not encourage more women to "be that girl," but unfortunately it probably will, just as long as they can get media attention and maybe a payout.
    Go with God, Brock! We'll be voting for Trump in the hopes that he will fix things by giving you a well-deserved pardon.

Brock Turner For 2016 Olympics

2 hrs ·

The outpouring of love and supportive emails I continue to receive is amazing and reaffirms my faith in the good people of this country. We MUST continue to teach our girls about the dangers of binge drinking and promiscuity. Keep control of yourselves and don't dress like sluts and everything will be just fine.

These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

That is... breathtaking.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information