Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: The Serial Killer Thread

Gold Member

Default The Serial Killer Thread

Famous, infamous, horrific, evil, misunderstood,... this is the thread to talk about the who, the why, the inexplicable. Are there really signs? Nature, nurture, etc., etc. Discuss, instruct, share. Best websites or books, the real behavior analysts. Who freaks you out the most? Let's be fluid enough to include the Ian Watkins pedophiles and slave holder monsters like the guy in Cleveland, Ohio.

People like BTK and John Wayne Gacy are probably my scariest - Gacy because he buried them under his house (shudder), and BTK because it was so planned out and yet so random. But honestly, the Ian Watkins thing freaked me out completely. Who does that??? Why??? What can possibly be so twisted in someone's brain that they want to rape a baby? A baby!!! This terrifies me, because it almost feels as though it must have a physiological cause, and how do we deal with that in society? And how sick or needy or twisted does a mother have to be to agree to this? It's not even a crime of passion/emotion like shaken baby syndrome, (not that I'm excusing that!) These people planned it - premeditated! I'm looking forward to your comments and opinions.

I am against all serial killers.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

John Wayne Gacy struck a nerve with me too. I watched the movie a few times because i couldn't get over it and to this day whenever I see Brian Dennehy I think of Gacy. And Brian Dennehy looked so much like him in the movie. I'm spooked about who he was in the community and what was going on in (and under) his house. His victims must've been so FUCKIN SCARED handcuffed while he did frightfully painful and horrible things to them...the terror they endured. I'm gonna cry thinking about it. The victim that always comes to mind when I think of Gacy is the 16 year old guy in the movie that just wanted a construction job from him and once he got in Gacy's van, no one ever saw him again.

How did that mother fucker sleep in that house? oh, duh, ask a stupid question. I guess being a serial killer he really couldn't give a fuck about the corpses beneath him.
    lindsaywhit and teforde23 like this.
    "His suits are cheaply made because he makes them in other countries, taking jobs away from good, hard-working Americans."...Bevy Smith on Donald Trump

I would also probably put Edmund Kemper near the top. Scary in every way - 6'9" tall and very strong. Near-genius IQ. Once you were in his sights, that was the end of you. Absolutely no moral restraint on his behavior whatsoever. His grandparents and his own mother were among his murder victims. On the positive side, asked for the death penalty, which he richly deserves (but didn't get).
    joebob likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    6'9" tall and very strong. Near-genius IQ. Once you were in his sights, that was the end of you. His grandparents and his own mother were among his murder victims.
    This just gave me chills.

And with people going missing all the time, you wonder how many serials are out there right now amongst us who are not on anyone's radar and just getting away with murder/torture.
    lindsaywhit likes this.
    "His suits are cheaply made because he makes them in other countries, taking jobs away from good, hard-working Americans."...Bevy Smith on Donald Trump

They don't see the victims or their corpses as human beings. They're objects used for gratification and/or trophies after the fact, used to relive that moment of gratification.
    panic likes this.

Can you believe this guy Kemper has been up for parole multiple times? Killed his grandparents at 15? Gets out at 21. Kills like 6 more people, gets 7 years to life. This is why a lot of people like me have no respect for "life imprisonment" and would like to have the giant trash compactor approved as a method of execution.
    panic, Mivvi21, SHELLEE and 1 others like this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Panzram

This guy is beyond creepy. Above and beyond. There is a documentary on his sick and twisted life. http://www.panzram.com/
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

jeez, look at that face. Imagine your car breaking down at night with nobody around and that guy stops to help you.

^^^His eyes are dead...nothing behind them.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Edmund Kemper actually requested the death penalty after his conviction in 1973, but his trial fell into the window when the death penalty, as it was then handed out, was declared unconstitutional. (Everyone with a death sentence at that time automatically had it commuted to the next most severe penalty, which was life with the possibility of parole in California. This same set of rulings are why the Manson Family and Sirhan Sirhan come up for parole every seven years.) He has also essentially said "don't let me out" every time he's come up for parole. (For the record, Charles Manson has done the same.)

Kemper's two trials and convictions touch on a whole lot of complicated issues relating to capital sentencing in the US, like how to handle violent juveniles, life with or without parole, and sentencing the mentally ill. He was judged sane enough to be tried by the M'Naghten standard, but not sane enough to be placed in a regular maximum security facility. (He's held in the locked section of the California Medical Facility in Vacaville, where he's described as a model prisoner who works recording audiobooks for the blind and as a clerk for the staff psychiatrist.) He's fascinating from a clinical standpoint because he exhibits traits both associated and strongly NOT associated with a sociopath, and because he's about the closest to a real life Hannibal Lecter as it gets - he's physically imposing to the extreme at 6' 9" and 300 lbs, and has an IQ tested between 136-146.

Here he is during his 1973 trial. Check out the size difference between him and the policemen guarding him:
    joebob, Brookie, panic and 2 others like this.

^jesus christ. And that panzam guy was insane! So filled with hate.

One I read about is Charles Ng. He was a klepto, and ran into another nut who had a cabin in the woods, and was using it to torture and kill people. Ng is like, fantastic, sign me up. They only got caught because Ng stole something and when the police checked his or his friend's car, they found bloody knives and whatever. The police go to their house and find a torture den, videos of their killings, and just pits of bones and body parts. It's insane.

Edit: I remember now, the police went to their home out of suspicion... Suspicion because they took in Ng's friend for questioning and he instead popped a cyanide pill to try and kill himself. I can hardly believe this story, it's insane.

I love scaring myself with this stuff. I get fascinated, but end up checking behind doorways and shower curtains for weeks.

Gold Member

Ottis Toole and Henry Lee Lucas use to fuck.

Imagine that sex tape.

Quote Originally Posted by panic View Post
    John Wayne Gacy struck a nerve with me too. I watched the movie a few times because i couldn't get over it and to this day whenever I see Brian Dennehy I think of Gacy. And Brian Dennehy looked so much like him in the movie. I'm spooked about who he was in the community and what was going on in (and under) his house. His victims must've been so FUCKIN SCARED handcuffed while he did frightfully painful and horrible things to them...the terror they endured. I'm gonna cry thinking about it. The victim that always comes to mind when I think of Gacy is the 16 year old guy in the movie that just wanted a construction job from him and once he got in Gacy's van, no one ever saw him again.

How did that mother fucker sleep in that house? oh, duh, ask a stupid question. I guess being a serial killer he really couldn't give a fuck about the corpses beneath him.
    Plus he was a CLOWN!
    stef, Nevan, Kittylady and 4 others like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

those who fascinate me the most are ted bundy and jeffrey dahmer. because casually meeting them you never would've guessed they'd do the things they did. if you watch interviews with charles manson or aileen wuornos you can see the crazy/sick from miles away. with these two, not so much.

a recommendation:

joebob, Sarzy and Seapharris7 like this.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information