Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree267Likes

Thread: Leslie Van Houten, Former Manson Family Member, Granted Parole

Default Leslie Van Houten, Former Manson Family Member, Granted Parole

Leslie Van Houten, Former Manson Family Member, Granted Parole By the State of CaliforniaÂ*

Leslie Van Houten, a former member of the notorious “Manson family” murderers, has officially been approved for parole by the state of California. Van Houten was convicted in 1971 for the murders of Leno La Bianca and his wife Rosemary—events she recounted detail during a hearing this Thursday.

“The only violent thing she has ever done in her entire life was this crime and that was under the control of Charles Manson,” Van Houten’s lawyer, Rich Pfiffer, said in a previous interview arguing for her release. “She is just not a public safety risk, and when you are not a public safety risk, the law says you shall be released.”

The families of Manson’s victims seem to disagree. Two weeks ago, Debra Tate—the sister of Manson victim Sharon Tate—launched an online campaign protesting Van Hoten’s parole, referring to Van Houten as “remorseless,” with regards to the horrible events of August 10th, 1969:

Ms. Van Houten broke into the home of Leno & Rosemary LaBianca on August 10, 1969- after Charles Manson had gone into their home & tied the couple up. She placed a pillowcase over Mrs. LaBianca’s head & tied it with a lamp chord. She held Mrs. LaBianca down so Patricia Krenwinkel could stab her to death. When the knife bent stabbing Mrs. LaBianca in the collar bone, Ms. Van Houten held Mrs. LaBianca down so Tex Watson could come in & stab her. She stabbed Mrs. LaBianca in the lower back several times. Mrs. LaBianca was stabbed a total of 41 times. Words were written in blood on two walls & a refrigerator door. Ms. Van Houten then took a shower, stole one of her dresses to wear, & ate food from the refrigerator before leaving.

Van Houten, who was 20 at the time of her conviction and is now 66, was originally sentenced to death, along with Manson and two other members of the “family”—making her the youngest woman in the state of California to get sent to death row. The ruling was eventually thrown out, and Van Houten has spent her life since then on the receiving end of more than 20failed parole hearings.

Charles Manson, now 81 years old, remains imprisoned in the Corcoran State Prison in Central California. He has been denied parole 12 times as of 2012, and hasn’t shown up to a hearing since 1997.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

What the hell! Of course that is the only violent thing she has done since her ass has been locked up. And she needs to stay locked up. OMG.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Manson's 81? He like my miserable stepmother, they'll never die. This bitch needs to stay locked up. She wouldn't even know how to survive on the outside.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Elite Member

“She is just not a public safety risk, and when you are not a public safety risk, the law says you shall be released.”

I don't think that's how it works.
    dallison likes this.

Here I was hoping she had died!
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

I'm not saying she should or shouldn't be released, but the reason Leslie Van Houten is still in jail is because of the notoriety of the crime she was involved in. Let's face it, plenty of murders have been released having served less time. If the idea of prison is to rehabilitate, well, it looks like she may be an example of that.
    Kittylady, anad, gas_chick and 9 others like this.

she got a college degree while in prison. for free. that's all i got.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    I'm not saying she should or shouldn't be released, but the reason Leslie Van Houten is still in jail is because of the notoriety of the crime she was involved in. Let's face it, plenty of murders have been released having served less time. If the idea of prison is to rehabilitate, well, it looks like she may be an example of that.
    Vouch to infinity. Either we keep them all locked up or we don't. No doubt her crime was awful but yeah worse murderers have been out of for years. I hope she will make the best of what time she has left since her victims didn't get a choice to.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Going from a death sentence to walking free doesn't seem right to me. I appreciate that she is "rehabilitated", but you take a life in such a vile disgusting way, you should lose the right to walk among us forever. Period. That goes for all murderers of the same ilk. I heard Gov. JB will likely overturn this.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

According to the original article, Van Houten was originally sentenced to death and would have been worm food a long time ago if People v Anderson didn't overturn her sentence.

Moreover, she was one of the Manson member who defended Manson to the hilt and claimed during the trial she wasn't influenced by him at all. She apparently even claimed responsibility for a crime she didn't commit just so she could help Manson by looking like she already had murderous tendencies.

On the other hand, she apparently gave a lot of information about who (besides Manson) was involved or wasn't involved in murders and helped identify Linda Kasabian as not directly involved, and Kasabian became the prosecution's most valuable witness.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

I don't think a human being who participates in a savage killing and then eats a snack is capable of rehabilitation. It isn't like there was a quick gunshot followed by death. Oh,no. She held them down and watched their agony with a total lack of compassion. Notorious crime? No,vicious crime. I find it unforgivable for ever and ever.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post

No, because they murdered FIVE people plus an unborn child, that's why. I'm not aware of any other mass murderers out on parole.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Under today's sentencing guidelines, she probably would be serving a life sentence without parole. Manson's group could be considered terrorists in that they created horrific murders in order to start a panic, as well as incite race riots. For purposes of comparison, Zacarius Moussaui is serving six life sentences for being a conspirator in the 9/11 attacks even though he didn't actually kill anybody.
    Bluebonnet and lindsaywhit like this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerald...arlene_Gallego

They let this cunt out, with more murders than Van Houten, so they do pick and choose, make deals, etc. America's justice can be fucked, no surprise to the posters here I'm sure.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Van Houten didn't participate in the Tate murders, she was convicted in the LaBianca killings. Not saying that crime was any less heinous, but I don't think she's technically a "mass murderer".

However, it doesn't seem right to me that someone who had a death sentence commuted to life should EVER be eligible for parole. I guess it all boils down to the laws that were in place when the crime was committed and in which State your crime occurred.

I'm pretty sure Pamela Smart isn't eligible for parole ever, and she didn't participate in the murder of her husband, much less stab someone repeatedly. I'm in no way defending her, and maybe it's a bad example but she was also young (early twenties) when the crime occurred and had no background of violence before or after. If she will die in prison, so should Van Houten IMO.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information