Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Indy Man Rapes/Murders/Dumps 1-year-old girl

Default Indy Man Rapes/Murders/Dumps 1-year-old girl

Shaylyn's death 'is worst case of sexual trauma'

Friends, family, and many who never even knew Shaylyn, gathered in a park in Spencer, Ind., Friday night to honor the young child's short life. Michael Anthony Adams/IndyStar 3:26 p.m. EDT March 29, 2016

(Photo: Provided by Indiana State Police)

When Shaylyn Ammerman's grandmother put her to sleep in her crib Tuesday night, the 1-year-old was wearing pajamas printed with owls. She had a purple pacifier and a Winnie the Pooh blanket.

But then, prosecutors allege, she was removed from her crib inside their Spencer home by 22-year-old Kyle Parker, a man described as a friend of a friend to Shaylyn's uncle.

Parker then drove toward Gosport with Shaylyn in the car, alive.

And then, in the final moments of Shaylyn's short life, prosecutors allege, Parker pulled over and brutally raped the girl, before smothering her with a cloth in his vehicle.

More than 30 hours later, Shaylyn's body would be found next to a tree in an isolated, rural patch of land where the White River and Indian Creek meet, just outside of Gosport. She was suffocated, an autopsy showed, and badly bruised.

It was the "worst case of sexual trauma" forensic pathologist Donna Stewart had seen in her career. Stewart, who conducted the autopsy in Louisville, Ky., specializes in pediatric autopsies with sexual battery and molestation.

Shaylyn had "numerous very apparent injuries sustained in a sexual assault," the autopsy found, according to an affidavit filed Monday.

The affidavit charges Parker with rape, murder, child molestation, kidnapping, aggravated battery and a slew of other charges.

Such horrific cases of child abuse are fairly rare, said Sandy Runkle, director ofPrevent Child Abuse Indiana. Cases of neglect are more common, Runkle said.

She advised parents to always be aware of the people who are around their children, particularly young children who cannot talk.
    "When things happen, it's usually not a stranger," Runkle said. "Over 90 percent of the time, it's someone a child knows."

Runkle noted that in Indiana, everyone — not just individuals who work with kids — is mandated to report suspect abuse. Those who suspect a child is being abused can call the Department of Child Services hotline at 1-800-800-5556.

Parker appeared for a court hearing Monday via video conference. Owen Circuit Court Judge Lori Thatcher Quillen denied bail. Emotionless, Parker said little, except to ask for a court-appointed attorney and say he understood the charges he faced.

The affidavit reveals a horrifying conclusion to the two-day search for Shaylyn, during which family members clung to hope that she would be found safe.

Crews used sonar equipment to plumb the depths of the White River and covered wide expanses of land in rural Owen County with all-terrain vehicles.

But it wasn't until Parker agreed to use a map to show police the location of Shaylyn's body that the details of what happened to the girl began to come together.

The investigation started when members of the Ammerman family called 911 after they awoke Wednesday morning and found that Shaylyn was not in her crib.

Indiana State Police investigators interviewed the occupants of the home that night, administering polygraphs. The people in the home that night were: Tamera Morgan, Shaylyn's grandmother; her husband, Danny Morgan; her sons Justin and Adam Ammerman; and Kyle Parker. Justin Ammerman is Shaylyn's father. He shares custody with her mother, Jessica Stewart.

Justin Ammerman and Tamera Morgan said they went to bed Tuesday night after putting Shaylyn down. Adam Ammerman invited Parker over to drink and watch a movie, along with his stepfather, Danny Morgan, according to court documents.

Sometime between 3 and 4 a.m., Adam Ammerman awoke to the sound of the front door shutting, he told police. He opened his window and saw Parker walking away from the home carrying something, according to court documents. Adam Ammerman told police he thought he saw a foot dangling from something Kyle carried.

State Police detectives then spoke with friends of Parker who said he showed up at their Gosport home sometime around 3:40 a.m. Wednesday morning. They told police Parker pulled his car into their garage and closed the door. He came inside and began washing his clothes. The friends told police he was quiet and distant, and not acting like himself.

Kyle Parker, 22, charged with obstruction of justice, failure to report a dead body, and unlawful disposal of a dead body. (Photo: Owen County Jail)

They also told detectives that Parker is attracted to girls between the ages of 12 and 14.

Detectives then interviewed Parker, who first told them he left the Ammerman home between 12:30 and 1:15 a.m., waving goodbye to Adam Ammerman as he left. He said he then went straight to the home of his friends in Gosport. Parker had scratches on his arms; he told police they were from a cat.

Detectives then spoke with Parker's stepfather and asked him to talk to Parker about telling the truth about Shaylyn, according to court documents. The stepfather told police Parker would cooperate.

In his second interview with police, Parker agreed to show them on a map where Shaylyn's body was, but he implicated Adam Ammerman. Detectives told Parker that Ammerman passed his polygraph test, according to court documents.

Detectives again spoke with Parker's stepfather, the affidavit says. He told them Parker informed him "the police would have the truth once they found Shaylyn's body and the DNA with it."

The stepfather told police Parker confessed to him and said he acted alone.

Parker told his stepfather he was driving toward Gosport with Shaylyn in the car, alive. He pulled over, raped her and smothered her with a cloth in the vehicle, the stepfather told police, according to court documents.

He said he burned Shaylyn's owl pajamas, her purple pacifier and her Winnie the Pooh blanket.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/c...eath/82336526/

This..."creature" right here is precisely why the death penalty exists.
    Last edited by greysfang; March 29th, 2016 at 04:57 PM.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

he better not let me catch his ass in the street.
    Brookie, greysfang and HWBL like this.
    "His suits are cheaply made because he makes them in other countries, taking jobs away from good, hard-working Americans."...Bevy Smith on Donald Trump

What a horrible fucking story.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

this family knew this son of a bitch preferred young girls, and they still let him in the house? i'd kill someone like that if they were in my house.
    BITTER, sluce, o0Amber0o and 1 others like this.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Elite Member

This is beyond sick. What a disgusting bastard. I can't even comprehend how anyone could do something so heinous.

Did the person who saw him leaving carrying something do anything? Say anything? Or did nothing happen until they found out she was missing?

This has completely turned my stomach.
    BITTER, sluce and HWBL like this.

I want him drawn & quartered slowly. He is not human. He does not deserve to live.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

This disturbs me. I have visuals in my mind that I cannot get out. Perverts like him NEEDS to be put into general population. People who do bad things like this to children need different types of sentences. It should include physical pain. No death penalty. Let them suffer hard.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by pinkbunnyslippers View Post
    Perverts like him NEEDS to be put into general population.
    Gen Pop in a women's prison. Men would just shank him and have done with it; women would make it last much longer.
    Alysheba, BITTER and I'mNotBitter like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

this is heartbreaking. there are no words.

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    this family knew this son of a bitch preferred young girls, and they still let him in the house? i'd kill someone like that if they were in my house.
    Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    This is beyond sick. What a disgusting bastard. I can't even comprehend how anyone could do something so heinous.

Did the person who saw him leaving carrying something do anything? Say anything? Or did nothing happen until they found out she was missing?

This has completely turned my stomach.
    my thoughts exactly. the one who saw a foot hanging out was her father's brother, the one who invited this monster. something doesn't sound right here.
    BITTER, sluce, KrisNine and 2 others like this.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Elite Member

I'll never understand this behavior. It's too appalling to try.
    HWBL and holly like this.

This makes me want to vomit. I want the worst for this piece of scum.

I didnt think it would ever happen, but all of a sudden, I'm getting kind of nostalgic for Florida Man....

The article says it was this guy's "friends," whose house he went to after the crime, who knew he liked 12-14 yr old girls.

But yeah as far as the uncle--- you see this guy leaving the house in the night, carrying something with a damned foot dangling down and you just let it go? What.the.fuck. Would really love to strangle them both.
    sluce and tulip like this.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Death penalty is a blessing for these crimes..they must invent a very slow and very painful way of killing them and all else be damned..they must suffer..
    greysfang, Kittylady and HWBL like this.
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

This guy deserves to sit in jail surrounded by people who can get access to beat and torture his ass on any occasion they get. What a dirtbag. How can anyone do something like that to anyone let alone an innocent and defenseless child?
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information