• 3 Post By sprynkles
  • 10 Post By BITTER
  • 3 Post By MohandasKGanja

Thread: Mount Sinai Doctor Accused of Ejaculating on Sedated Patient's Face

Default Mount Sinai Doctor Accused of Ejaculating on Sedated Patient's Face

Mount Sinai Doctor Accused of Ejaculating on Sedated Patient's Face

Anna Merlan
    Wednesday 6:00pmFiled to: horrible

A prominent doctor at New York’s Mount Sinai Hospital is reportedly being sought for questioning after a woman accused him of masturbating on her while she was incapacitated with morphine. The New York Daily News reports that Dr. David H. Newman was being sought by police by Wednesday, and that the hospital has temporarily barred him from seeing patients.

According to the Daily News exclusive, which is extremely graphic and the stuff of emergency room nightmares, the woman, 22, alleges that she went to the ER on Monday night because of shoulder pain. She told police she got a shot of morphine from a nurse, but that Newman came in a short while later and, she believes, administered another.
    After that, the News reports, the woman said the doctor fondled her breasts, then moved her bed away from the wall and turned his back to her, after which she “heard the sounds of someone masturbating—and then felt a liquid substance on her face.” The hospital told the News they’re aware of allegations against Newman and that he’s been barred from seeing patients.

Newman, an Iraq War veteran, was the subject of a Wired profile about a website he built to provide doctors with “quick summaries of evidence-based medicine.” He’s written an op-ed for the New York Times on gun violence, and teaches at both Mount Sinai School of Medicine and Columbia University, where he gave a 2011 TedX talk:

Contact the author at anna.merlan@jezebel.com.
    Public PGP key
    PGP fingerprint: 67B5 5767 9D6F 652E 8EFD 76F5 3CF0 DAF2 79E5 1FB6

Screengrab via YouTube/ColumbiaSEAS

Mount Sinai Doctor Accused of Ejaculating on Sedated Patient's FaceÂ*

"This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Fucking gross.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Fucking gross ass bastard. Damn, that's just nasty.

A*O

Pics or it didn't happen.
    twitchy2.0 and BITTER like this.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I hope this isn't true.

Dr. David Newman, the prominent Mount Sinai emergency room physician accused of ejaculating on a sedated patient’s face, was questioned Tuesday morning by Special Victims Unit detectives, ABC 7 is reporting. The station reports that Newman was subsequently taken into custody.

A 22-year-old woman told the New York Daily News last week that she went to the hospital on January 11 with shoulder pain. She alleges that Newman administered a second dose of morphine to her after a nurse had given her one, fondled her breasts, and ejaculated on her face. Police were reportedlyawaiting the results of a DNA test before deciding whether to charge Newman.

ABC 7 reports that the doctor appeared at the Manhattan Special Victims Unit Tuesday morning for questioning and “was subsequently taken into custody.” He is not currently listed as in custody in the New York City Department of Corrections database. The Daily News reports he is expected to be charged with three counts of first-degree sexual abuse and felony assault.

Jezebel received numerous emails in defense of Dr. Newman after our initial story on the allegations ran last week, many from Newman’s friends and colleagues. One read, in part:

I’ve been at Sinai for 4 years and have spent hundreds of hours working in the ED. This story absolutely reeks. Security at the Sinai ED is pretty lax - next time you’re in the area I urge you to walk in, look around, and ask yourself how anyone would think they could get away with what he allegedly did? It is a madhouse where you can’t walk 5 feet without bumping into someone. It is difficult to keep track of the location of patients, so docs and nurses frequently barge into the wrong room/ curtained off area looking for the wrong person. In addition, docs don’t have access to morphine, or virtually any drugs for that matter. Doctors place the orders and nurses can then access and administer the drugs. It would raise huge red flags if a doctor asked a nurse to give him morphine so he could administer it. And, I and most of my colleagues can never recall seeing a patient, much less a young one, react to morphine in the way she describes - total incapacitation. That includes patients who receive heavy doses for severe pain. Patients do, however, occasionally get a little loopy on high morphine doses.

Another email also expressed doubt that the incident could have happened in the way it was described, and suggested Newman’s accuser suffers from a mental health condition:

Maybe this did happen. As someone who knows the doctor in question, and knows that emergency room like the back of my hand, I doubt it. The physical details reported make this story is incredibly improbable. There is no privacy in that ER. Period. Whoever is in the large rooms there divided by thin cotton curtains will hear exactly whats going on. You hear more than you want to. Secondly, morphine doesn’t paralyze you. If you have enough to be too drugged to do anything, it means you are asleep — it’s not dissociative.

What’s much more statistically likely is that the accuser has a behavioral/mental health condition (think borderline personality disorder). Obviously women with such issues are just as if not more likely to be targets of sexual crimes, and their complaint should be investigated with every effort (which in this case it is.) However. People with such conditions are also capable of creating a scenario to ruin someone’s career.

There is no information publicly available on the woman accusing Newman of sexual assault.

Mount Sinai released a statement saying they are both cooperating with police and conducting their own internal investigation.

Update, 3:15 p.m.: ABC 7 is now reporting that a second woman is accusing Newman of sexual abuse during a September 2015 exam. ABC claims he will also be charged in that incident, which police have yet to publicly confirm.

Doctor Accused of Ejaculating on Unconscious Patient Will Reportedly Be Charged With Sexual AbuseÂ*
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Police were reportedlyawaiting the results of a DNA test before deciding whether to charge Newman.
    If the tests confirm it is Newman's DNA, it is game, set, match.

Elite Member

Smutty joke potential aside, this really sad and disgusting. The thought that as a woman you basically have to have your guard up all the time, everywhere.
    BITTER likes this.
    Grammar: The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.

If it didn't happen, what are they doing a dna test on? I hope it didn't happen. And if it didn't this guy is never going to live this down.
    panic, greysfang and darksithbunny like this.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

I don't see why he wouldn't live it down since the victim was admittedly heavily drugged. It could have been a male nurse or paramedic or something.

Well, maybe he won't since there is now a second accuser.

She collected the evidence on a towel, put it in a bag and gave it to the police. They ARE going to know who did this.

OMFG, can you imagine waking up with somebody's jizz all over you......
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

^^ and on top of that at the ER, a place that should feel safe.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

They'll never let him come in that hospital again.
    BBDSP, Tati, stef and 7 others like this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    They'll never let him come in that hospital again.
    That will come at the climax of his discharge proceedings. I hope there are some crusty old seamen on the review committee.
    BITTER, BBDSP and holly like this.

Thread Information