Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree211Likes

Thread: Mass Shooting - San Bernardino, CA

Default Mass Shooting - San Bernardino, CA

Here we go again. Looks like this is breaking news and reports are that there are at least 20 victims. This is a center for developmentally disabled people.

San Bernardino shooting: Police report active shooter - CNN.com

They're saying that there are possibly two to three suspects wearing body armor. Who know's what's true and what's not at this point.

ETA - the local ABC station in LA is saying that there are unconfirmed reports, but very reliable reports that 12 people are confirmed dead. Also reporting that the suspects have left the area in a black SUV.

Jesus...when will this shit stop?
    rollo, Lalasnake, deenz and 1 others like this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Vouch to infinity. I mean damn at this point we might has well merge the damn threads together for a mega thread.
    BITTER, czb, Lalasnake and 1 others like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

^We can call it the NRA Appreciation Thread.

I honestly want to cry every time I see a mass shooting title. This country is disgusting. Obstinance and greed are masquerading as freedom.

also, not sure mass shooting is the correct term, pretty sure this was a terrorist attack. three guys, military gear... they may be white but pretty sure that's domestic terrorism.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    also, not sure mass shooting is the correct term, pretty sure this was a terrorist attack. three guys, military gear... they may be white but pretty sure that's domestic terrorism.
    i agree. 100%. I tried to change the title, but I can't. I went with mass shooting because that's what they were calling it at the beginning, but this is terrorism pure and simple.

I don't want people saying terrorism until there are facts. ABC news just spent 15 minutes interviewing terrorism experts, giving a lot of attention to ISIS, to then close by saying, "but remember, in this case there is no evidence pointing to terrorism, yet." But they sure gave terrorism as much attention as possible to support the fear mongering.

I will also add that because reports are that this was a social services building, there is a strong likelihood that the violence is caused by a current or former person in the system. We have annual training offered by the state because we handle cases that result in children being removed from homes, or people getting protection orders. We are also offered a free security evaluation of the office space. This is a serious fear for me and I have regulations in place so that clients who are in the system are never serviced in the office where we handle private clients. It's very touchy.
    twitchy2.0, Nevan and HWBL like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

San Bernardino, California (CNN)The hunt for one to three suspects was taking place near a San Bernardino, California, center for people with developmental disabilities, where as many as 20 people were shot Wednesday, authorities said.

SWAT teams and the bomb squad were working to clear the buildings where the shootings took place.
    [Latest developments, posted at 4:33 p.m. ET]

• "There are multiple casualties and confirmed fatalities," San Bernardino Police spokeswoman Sgt. Vicki Cervantes told reporters.

• Four adults have been transported to Loma Linda University Medical Center, and the hospital is expecting three more patients, hospital spokeswoman Briana Pastorino said. She did not describe the nature of the patients' wounds. Arrowhead Regional Medical Center has received eight patients, an employee who didn't want to be named told CNN.

• The three suspects are believed to be armed with AK-47-type weapons, a local law enforcement official told CNN.

• Witnesses told police they saw three men with long guns, a law enforcement source told CNN. The source said the suspects got into a black SUV and drove away.

7 photos: San Bernardino shooting

A bomb squad found a suspicious package on the second floor of a building and determined it is "not normal," the source said. They are going to handle it with a robot, the source added.
    • A woman who works at a building where the shootings occurred texted her father: "Shooting at my work. People shot." The father told CNN affiliate KABC his daughter told him 10 to 20 people were shot.

• The shootings were in the conference center at the Inland Regional Center, the center's executive director, Lavinia Johnson, told CNN. She believes that a group not affiliated with the center was using the center. According to Johnson, staff are in the process of being bused to a nearby church.

• The FBI and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives were responding, agency representatives said.

• Wednesday's shooting occurred at the Inland Regional Center, a facility for people with developmental disabilities. It is unclear how many people were at the facility at the time of the shooting. The center's Facebook page says it employs nearly 670 people at its facilities in San Bernardino and Riverside counties, providing service to more than 30,200 people.
    It aims to "work on a personal, one-on-one basis with people with developmental disabilities to make their lives better as they define it." No information is yet available on how many people were at the facility at the time of the shooting.

• The sheriff's department tweeted that there was an "active shooter in the area of Orange Show Rd/Waterman Ave near Park Center."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/02/us/san...dino-shooting/
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

It's all still so very vague.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

At least 14 dead per the news conference.

Other report, like posted above, is that an outside group had rented the conference room for the day, and that is where the shooting happened. I wonder who rented the group.

They also just stated they do not know if it is a terrorist attack, etc.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    The three suspects are believed to be armed with AK-47-type weapons, a local law enforcement official told CNN.

I know we don't know right now if these were obtained legally or not, but I am sick of fucking arguing with some NRA worshippers over why in the hell these types of guns are available outside of the military. What fucking civilian needs an AK-47?????????
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeSlice View Post
    I know we don't know right now if these were obtained legally or not, but I am sick of fucking arguing with some NRA worshippers over why in the hell these types of guns are available outside of the military. What fucking civilian needs an AK-47?????????
    I agree with you, but I believe the AK-47 has been illegal to own for many years in the U.S. So these sick puppies either have held on to them for many years OR (and way more likely) have obtained them through illegal means. The NRA used to have a lot of pull decades ago, but I don't think they have much influence in today's world.

In the press conference they refused to say they used AK47s, but instead refer to them as long guns - not hand guns. All shootings were in the one area. Seems the shooters knew the group would all be in that conference room and shot them like fish in a barrel.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information