Thread: Woman 'punched in face' by policeman and arrested for 'hugging and kissing partner

Elite Member

Default Woman 'punched in face' by policeman and arrested for 'hugging and kissing partner

Woman 'punched in face' by policeman and arrested for 'hugging and kissing partner in public'

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/lesbian-punched-in-face-by-policeman-and-arrested-for-hugging-and-kissing-partner-in-public/ar-BBmA2Ho

Mirror
    Jon Dean 2 hrs ago

(© AP Photo/Jennifer Sinco Kelleher) Courtney Wilson, left, and Taylor Guerrero pose for a photo in Honolulu.

A woman claims she was punched in the face by a policeman just because she was kissing her girlfriend in public.

Courtney Wilson says her nose was split open before she was tied up and put in a basement during the ordeal on the paradise island of Hawaii.

She was with her partner Taylor Guerrero on holiday when the alleged attack took place.

The pair were strolling through a supermarket on Ohaus' north shore when they shared a hug and a kiss.

Officer Bobby Harrison, who was shopping while wearing his uniform, saw the display of affection and took offence.

He told them to "take it somewhere else,” according to the lawsuit.

But they hugged a second time, and the cop cornered them near the tills.

Ms Wilson claims he threatened them, so she called the police - but the officer grabbed her by the wrist.

She told Hawaii News: "I got punched in the face by him," Ms Wilson said. "I split my nose open. We were on the ground."

The women said Foodland employees were then instructed to hold them down until someone found zip ties.

"They took us down to the basement of Foodland where they continued to harass us about our conduct in the store, asking us if it was worth it, if we were happy where we are," Wilson said.

"We were just shocked that it all happened."

Ms Guerrero told the New York Post: “He was bumping his belly against Courtney. He said, ‘you girls don’t know how to act. You don’t know the difference between a motel and a grocery store.'”

The pair were arrested for assaulting a police officer and had to spend three days in jail before using their holiday money as bail.

As a condition of their release they couldn't leave the island and were forced to sleep in a car park and a homeless shelter.

After five months, prosecutors dropped the case.

Ms Wilson also claims she was denied medical treatment at the scene and after she was arrested. Pictures of her injuries weren't taken until two days after the assault.

Now the pair want justice.

Ms Wilson said: "I just think that what he did was absolutely wrong without a doubt, I just really want an example to be made."

Officer Harrison has been a policeman for 26 years.

Hawaii Police Department says it has opened an internal investigation based on the allegations in the lawsuit, but won't say if Harrison has been placed on leave.

Well there should be plenty of witnesses who can verify this if they choose to take it further.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

In Hawaii, one of the first states to legalize gay marriage, folks have to tolerate this BS?
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

whaaaat......I mean cops are dicks and all and use unjustified/excessive force all the time. But this story, with zip ties and being held in the basement and everything else....don't know if I buy the whole thing.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

I does smell fishy...
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

The couple’s attorney, Eric Seitz, tells KHON2 he asked for the store’s surveillance video and was told it was missing.

source: Same-sex couple sues Honolulu police officer over discrimination, assault claims | KHON2

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Thread Information