Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Gunman Opens Fire at Oregon College, Multiple Fatalities

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

Default Gunman Opens Fire at Oregon College, Multiple Fatalities

At least 13 killed in college shooting in Oregon - BBC News

At least 13 killed in college shooting in Oregon

Image copyright AP
    Police searched students bags after the shooting

At least 13 people have been killed in a shooting at Umpqua Community College in the US state of Oregon.

The 20-year-old gunman was killed by police after the shooting broke out about 10:30 local time (18:30 BST), officials said.

Oregon State Attorney General Ellen Rosenblum said that at least 20 people were wounded.

The 3,000-student school is located in Roseburg, Oregon, a rural area about 175 miles (281 km) south of Portland.

Douglas County Sheriff John Hanlin said police exchanged shots with a male gunman in a classroom in the college's Snyder Hall building.

In audio from police radio channels an officer can be heard saying the suspect was down and that there were "multiple gunshot wounds" and calling for multiple ambulances to the scene.

The suspect supposedly used a "long gun".

A White House official said President Barack Obama was briefed on the situation and will continues to receive updates.

FBI agents are on the scene at the college and more are on their way from across Oregon, FBI Portland Field Office spokesperson Beth Steele told the BBC.

The college is located in a small, rural area in southern Oregon

Students were taken a local fairgrounds after shooting

Speaking on CNN, Douglas County Fire Marshall Ray Shoufler said there were "multiple patients in multiple classrooms" and that 11 people had been transported to a local hospital, two of which died at the hospital.

Mr Shoufler said "multiple" people are deceased but did not have a specific number.
    Marilyn Kittelman, the mother of a student at the college, told CNN her son said he heard no sound from the "30 some shots", suggesting a suppressor may have been used on the gun, despite there not being an official count of those shot yet.

Sgt Aaron Dunbar of the Roseburg Police Department told CNN the "entire college went into lockdown very quickly."

Mercy Medical Center in Roseburg wrote on Twitter that it received nine patients from the college and three more are en route.

Peace Health Oregon wrote on Twitter it expects to receive three victims from the shooting.

Roseburg is located in the southwest region of the US state of Oregon

Students are being bussed off campus to local fairgrounds, a local reporter told Fox News.

Agents from the US Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms are on their way to Roseburg.
    According to Umpqua Community College's website, the average age of students is 37, with 58% female and 42% male.

Mr Hanlin said the school is the only place of higher education in Douglas County and that both young people and adults seeking continuing education attend the school.

A former president of the school, Joe Olson, said the school has no formal security staff, and that there was debate over whether to have armed security guards on campus last year.

At least 13 killed in college shooting in Oregon - BBC News
    Last edited by dougie; October 2nd, 2015 at 07:23 AM.

How many more until we deal with this issue.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Not sure, MM, not sure. Obviously hasn't been enough carnage yet.
    witchcurlgirl likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Another devastating tragedy. Kiss your loved ones, tell them you love them, give lots hugs. We're not promised a tomorrow.

This is just terrible and hits way too close to home for me - I'm 3 hours away and have friends who live and work in Roseburg. I don't know what it will take for changes to be made in this country. You would think that after Sandy Hook things would have changed. Obama seemed much more upset today than he has in the past. It's disgusting that we can't get progressive legislation passed to help end this gun violence.

Someone tweeted that the gun control conversation died after Newtown..... if we find the mass murder of children bearable, what hope is there of moving forward?
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

^^I agree 100%. If an elementary school full of murdered 1st graders doesn't change things, nothing will.

I'm fucking tired of it. Where are my rights? My child's right to be safe?

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    Someone tweeted that the gun control conversation died after Newtown..... if we find the mass murder of children bearable, what hope is there of moving forward?
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

^^Sadly, that's true.

Oregon Sheriff Handling Massacre Fought the White House on Gun Control After Newtown

As the sheriff in Douglas County, Oregon, John Hanlin was front and center followingThursday's shooting at Umpqua Community College, which left at least 13 people dead and 20 others wounded.

Two years ago, Hanlin was one of hundreds of sheriffs around the country to vow to stand against new gun control legislation.

In a January 15, 2013, letter to Vice President Joe Biden, he wrote, "Gun control is NOT the answer to preventing heinous crimes like school shootings."

Oregon Sheriff Handling Massacre Fought the White House on Gun Control After Newtown | Mother Jones
    Brookie likes this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

It's so disgusting, most (if not all) of these shooters have so much in common, young, white, loners, obviously mentally ill. These aren't thugs who buy illegal guns on the street, these are sick fucks who march right into a gun store and buy their weapons. How will making that harder for them take away any rights of legitimate, responsible gun owners?

Maybe I'm naive but I truly don't understand this mindset, wringing of hands and saying nothing can be done. I was cheering Barack in his speech tonight. My hubs was rolling his eyes at me. I told him to shut the fuck up, this bullshit has to stop!
    Tati, MontanaMama and ManxMouse like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Oregon Sheriff Handling Massacre Fought the White House on Gun Control After Newtown

As the sheriff in Douglas County, Oregon, John Hanlin was front and center followingThursday's shooting at Umpqua Community College, which left at least 13 people dead and 20 others wounded.

Two years ago, Hanlin was one of hundreds of sheriffs around the country to vow to stand against new gun control legislation.

In a January 15, 2013, letter to Vice President Joe Biden, he wrote, "Gun control is NOT the answer to preventing heinous crimes like school shootings."

Oregon Sheriff Handling Massacre Fought the White House on Gun Control After Newtown | Mother Jones
    It's doubtful that he'd get the irony.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

I hate hearing all the shit about how criminals will always find a way to have guns, what about the law abiding citizens that want to own guns? Well, that argument doesn't stand with me. All of these assholes of late have all obtained their weapons legally. I'm just so done with it.
    gas_chick likes this.

Bunch of pussies imo. You don't need a gun if ya know how to fight. That being said, I think the coolest gun is a bayonet. When you run out of bullets, just stab the fuckers. If I had to choose, that'd be my pick.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Again, they will just continue to ignore the mental health aspect and both parties will fight with each other over gun control alone.

Meanwhile, Obama has yet to comment on the number of gun related homicides in the city with some of the strictest gun control laws in the nation - Chicago.
    Clubber Lang likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information