Thread: Reporter and Photographer Shot Dead on Live TV

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

Default Reporter and Photographer Shot Dead on Live TV

Virginia reporter, photographer fatally shot on live TV - CNN.com

Virginia TV reporter, photographer killed in shooting during live interview
    By Eliott C. McLaughlin, CNN
    Updated 1520 GMT (2220 HKT) August 26, 2015 | Video Source: CNN

Story highlights

• Authorities know the name of the man believed to be the shooter, law enforcement official says
    • Reporter Alison Parker was "rock star," while photographer was engaged to marry, colleagues say
    • Two local TV station employees were killed during a live interview near Moneta, Virginia, station WDBJ says

(CNN)A manhunt is underway for a gunman who fatally shot a local news reporter and photographer on live television during an interview outside Moneta, Virginia, on Wednesday morning.

Alison Parker was interviewing a woman at approximately 6:45 a.m. when shots rang out. Both women screamed.

As the camera fell to the ground, the audience caught the briefest glimpse of a man who appeared to pointing a gun toward the downed cameraman.

The station cut away to a shocked anchor, Kimberly McBroom, back in the studio.

Parker, 24, and Adam Ward, 27, were killed in the shooting at Bridgewater Plaza near Moneta, the station reported later.

The woman being interviewed, Vicki Gardner, executive director of the Smith Mountain Lake Regional Chamber of Commerce, was shot in the back and is in surgery, said Barb Nocera, the chamber's special projects manager said.

The gunman is believed to have fired six or seven times, WDBJ General Manager Jeff Marks said.

He remains on the loose. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives is participating in the manhunt, while the ATF and FBI are participating in the investigation. Area schools are on lockdown.

Authorities know the identity of the man believed to be the shooter, a law enforcement official told CNN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXDsY39k_7A
    Video of WDBJ shooting

"We do not know the motive. We do not know who the killer is," Marks said. "We do know the Franklin County sheriff ... they are working very diligently to track down both the motive and the person responsible for this terrible crime against two fine journalists," he said during the station's coverage of the shooting.

The station does not believe that the interview subject was injured, Marks said.

"Our hearts are broken," Marks said on air, explaining that Parker's and Ward's colleagues are "holding back tears."

McBroom described Parker as a "rock star" and said, "You throw anything at that girl and she could do it."

Another journalist at the anchor's desk said Ward was engaged to be married to morning show producer at WDBJ, Melissa Ott, and Ward recently told her, "I'm going to get out of news. I think I'm going to do something else."

Parker is the morning reporter for the Roanoke station and a native of Virginia, having spent most of her life outside Martinsville. She started with WDBJ as an intern, her biography on the station's website says.

She previously worked with another CNN affiliate, WCTI, in Jacksonville, North Carolina, near Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune.

She is a graduate of James Madison University's School of Media Arts and Design in Harrisonburg.

CNN's Jason Hanna, Ashley Fantz, Brian Stelter and Mariano Castillo contributed to this report.

Virginia reporter, photographer fatally shot on live TV - CNN.com
    Last edited by dougie; August 26th, 2015 at 10:00 AM.

Unfathomable.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

So sad. Thoughts are with the families.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Wow I ask this every single time. How many more before something gets done?
    Sarzy, sluce, Brookie and 4 others like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

This is so damn sad. I work at two different tv stations and the thought of this makes me ill.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    This is so damn sad. I work at two different tv stations and the thought of this makes me ill.

I wouldn't worry too much. It just seems like a random crazy at this point. I don't think reporters are a particular target. We will see soon.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Just awful. That picture of the shooter gives me the chills.

fgg

Bryce Williams
    History of Racial Allegations
    Sued TV Network, Called Me 'Monkey'

Bryce Williams -- aka Vester Flanagan -- sued his former bosses at a TV station in Florida back in 2000 ... claiming his bosses verbally abused him because of his race, and even called him a "monkey."

After killing 2 members of a TV news crew this morning, Flanagan accused one of the victims of racism.

Now, we've learned it wasn't the first time he hurled such accusations ... because in his lawsuit, filed against WTWC-TV in Florida, Vester claimed he was constantly targeted because of his race.

Here are his allegations:
    -- Claims producer called him a "monkey"
    -- Claims an "official" joked about a black murder suspect with gold and green grillz, saying he had "collared greens" stuck in his teeth
    -- Claims he heard a manager tell another black employee to "stop talking ebonics."

Vester claims he filed a complaint with the powers that be -- and was fired because he blew the whistle.

WTWC adamantly DENIED race had anything to do with his termination -- claiming he was a crappy employee who often used profanity in the workplace.

Ultimately, the case was settled out of court in 2001.

We reached out to WTWC for comment -- so far, no word back.

Read more: Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Celebrity News | TMZ.com
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

fgg

Reporter & Photog Killing
    Shooter Kills Himself ...
    Posted Chilling Videos as Police Chased

Bryce Williams -- the man who shot and killed a Virginia reporter and photographer -- has killed himself ... but he posted videos of his cowardly attack before taking himself out.

While police were chasing Williams -- aka Vester L. Flanagan -- he put up the videos on Facebook and Twitter. One of the clips shows him walking up to his victims. Another shows him firing the deadly shots at point blank range.

Twitter and FB almost immediately suspended his accounts.

Williams claims the shooting was retaliation for Alison Parker and Adam Ward reporting him to human resources. He's not specific about why. He also claims Alison had made racist comments.

WDBJ says Williams was hired in April 2012 and fired a year ago.

Story developing ...

Read more: Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Celebrity News | TMZ.com
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

The video is on LiveLeak. It is heartbreaking.
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.

Actually I believe his claims of casual racist remarks. Down in the southern part of Virginia, the passive racist comments are so common people don't even really know they are saying them. Its still not worth shooting people over. You just got to let shit go and move on sometimes. You can't go through life as a walking ball of hate and resentment, especially not for 15 fucking years.
    BITTER and Kathie_Moffett like this.

He should have sought psychiatric treatment. All of this could have been avoided. This is some sad shit. People have barely recovered from Charleston.
    greysfang and Kathie_Moffett like this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

It sounds like this lunatic is still alive with life threatening injuries.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Actually I believe his claims of casual racist remarks. Down in the southern part of Virginia, the passive racist comments are so common people don't even really know they are saying them. Its still not worth shooting people over. You just got to let shit go and move on sometimes. You can't go through life as a walking ball of hate and resentment, especially not for 15 fucking years.
    How about this. Supposedly, he was fired in Feb 2013. Alison Parker wasn't hired until April of 2014, which is more than a year later. I got that from their Linkedin accounts. I only checked because the new director said these two had "never worked together" cue the Twilight Zone music....

ETA - she was an intern there for four months in 2012. The internship ended about 6 months before Bryce Williams was fired. I think Williams was declared dead at 1:30 pm (EST).

Maybe his issue was with the cameraman?
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information