Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By MohandasKGanja
  • 1 Post By Ravenna

Thread: Jenson Button And Wife Gassed In Home, Robbed Of $465K Worth Of Stuff

Default Jenson Button And Wife Gassed In Home, Robbed Of $465K Worth Of Stuff

Jenson Button And Wife Gassed In Home, Robbed Of $465K Worth Of Stuff

In a crime that sounds as if it was from a James Bond film instead of real life, F1 driver Jenson Button and wife Jessica Michibata were robbed in a vacation home in the south of France. Burglars pumped anaesthetic gas through the home to knock the couple out before stealing over $465,000 worth of items.

According to The Sun, Button, Michibata and three friends were in the rented villa in Saint-Tropez, France, all five of whom were knocked out by gas pumped that burglars pumped through the air conditioning vents. Button and Michibata were in bed, not realizing that anything was happening until they woke up. The three friends were asleep in other rooms. Burglars waited until everyone was already asleep to make sure the robbery went off as seamless as possible.

Michibata’s three-stone diamond and platinum wedding ring was among the stolen goods. The ring alone is worth over $387,000.

A source close to the couple told The Sun that police are convinced that gas was used in the air conditioning units to knock the vacationers out, as it’s becoming an increasingly common way to rob high-dollar properties without fear of being caught. Robbers were likely staking out the property during the entire duration of their stay.

“The first they were aware was when they woke up groggy the next morning and realized the house had been turned upside down,” said the unnamed source to The Sun. “It was a terrifying experience for them to know these criminals were actually in the room with them.”

According to the unnamed source, the couple is most upset over the missing wedding ring. Michibata and Button tied the knot in December 2014. Fortunately, everyone was fine, but the source said that everyone was “unsurprisingly shaken” by the incident.

While an unnamed source in a British tabloid may not be the most reliable source to go on, the BBC cited several of the same quotes as The Sun, referring to that source as Button’s spokesman.

Per The Sun, the couple and their friends were shaken to the point where they left the day after the burglary. Police believe two criminals were working together on the robbery.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

that happened to some friends years ago in switzerland. it was summer and they were sleeping with one of the windows cracked open, the thieves pumped gas into their room and knocked them out and wiped them out.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

The Curious Case of Jenson Button.
    BITTER likes this.

Damn, that's bold. And scary.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

That's so scary.

It is scary. I'm wondering what the margin for error is. How much difference is there between enough gas to knock the victims out and enough to kill them accidentally?
    rollo likes this.

I'd be so freaked out by that. Very lucky they weren't killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    It is scary. I'm wondering what the margin for error is. How much difference is there between enough gas to knock the victims out and enough to kill them accidentally?
    Yeah, it kind of reminds me of the Chechnyans who took hostages at the Russian theater. And the Russians eventually gassed the whole place, and ended up killing hostages.

I guess there's a benefit to not being wealthy - we don't have any expensive stuff to steal.

I'm glad they are ok.

It's a new low. Horrific.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

^^^^
    i don't think it's that unusual in france. the friends i mentioned upthread were in geneva which is just across the border.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

^ Yeah, it's cruel and unusual punishment to me but you live and learn.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Thread Information