Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Australia body-in-suitcase NOT Maddie McCann, suggestion is purely attention-seeking

Default Australia body-in-suitcase NOT Maddie McCann, suggestion is purely attention-seeking

Police in Australia find body of 'fair-haired' girl in suitcase sparking Madeleine McCann speculation

Police in South Australia say girl found in suitcase – along with quilt and tutu – was aged two to four, three feet tall and was killed elsewhere up to eight years ago

Detective Superintendent Des Bray updates media on Wynarka bones investigation

By Jonathan Pearlman, Sydney
    8:47AM BST 27 Jul 2015

Police in Australia say a body found in a suitcase is believed to be that of a fair-haired girl aged two to four who was killed up to eight years ago but insist there is “no evidence” to suggest the child was Madeleine McCann.

As police in South Australia released images of a quilt found with the body, Grant Stevens, the state’s police commissioner, dismissed local media speculation that the child could be Madeleine, a British girl who was aged three when she disappeared during a family holiday in Portugal eight years ago.

“There is absolutely no evidence at this point in time that the child is Madeleine McCann … to suggest something like that at this point in time would purely be speculating to get attention,” he told a parliamentary committee.

“We are focusing our inquiries on South Australia but we would be considering any potential missing child. Until we ascertain the identity of the child we need to be open to all possibilities.”

Madeleine McCann as she looked when she disappeared from her parents’ holiday apartment on the Algarve on 3 May 2007 and (right) an “age progression” image of what she would look like today

Police believe the small victim was a Caucasian girl aged two-and-a-half to four, three feet tall, with hair seven inches long, and that she was killed at another location some time after 2007. A black tutu was found with the body, along with a homemade quilt which was machine-stitched from a fabric reportedly manufactured in New York seven years ago.
    The skeletal remains of the child were dumped in a suitcase – apparently about four months ago – near a highway in remote bushland about a mile from the small town of Wynarka, 80 miles from Adelaide. The bones were believed to have been subsequently tipped out of the suitcase and were spotted by a passing motorist on July 15.
    Two women have told police they saw a man, aged in his 60s with a clean-cut appearance, walking near the highway with a dark-coloured suitcase between 7.30am and 8am about eight weeks ago.
    Police have checked missing person records but have not yet been able to find a match and now believe the girl’s disappearance was not reported.
    “I thought when we started this job that we would quickly identify who this little girl was,” said detective superintendent Des Bray.
    “Somewhere out there is a mother, a father, at the very least an extended family that obviously lived near someone and I’m at a loss as to why someone hasn’t reported this little girl."
    Detective superintendent Bray said the girl appeared to have suffered a violent death: “We’re certain of how the little girl met her death — why, who and what circumstances, it’s just impossible to tell.

Police in Australia find body of 'fair-haired' girl in suitcase sparking Madeleine McCann speculation - Telegraph
    Free Charmed.

Awful. Hoping this gets solved quickly.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

A*O

I think the cops know more than they are telling us. If a child fitting this description was ever formally reported missing they'd have a list of people of interest to interview. If she wasn't reported missing then we can probably assume her family knows what happened but they won't come forward. One of those clever facial reconstruction things is probably being prepared right now. Madeleine McCann is still in Portugal, or rather under it.
    sputnik, Kittylady and effie2 like this.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    I think the cops know more than they are telling us. If a child fitting this description was ever formally reported missing they'd have a list of people of interest to interview. If she wasn't reported missing then we can probably assume her family knows what happened but they won't come forward. One of those clever facial reconstruction things is probably being prepared right now. Madeleine McCann is still in Portugal, or rather under it.
    They discovered the remains of a child out here (East Coast of the US , I think) a few weeks ago, and it's still an open case. Very sad.

^^I can't believe no one has identified that little girl yet, Mo, so sad...

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    They discovered the remains of a child out here (East Coast of the US , I think) a few weeks ago, and it's still an open case. Very sad.
    The case near Boston?

maybe that one is Madeleine! Quick, sell some newspapers!

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

It's so odd that they're completely denying that this is Madeleine, even when pretty much every single detail fits her to a "T". Especially when they're coming up empty with another candidate that was reported missing around the same time frame. They must know *something* that rules this body out that they're keeping a secret.

^^ They know that the parents did it but can't prove it????

Maddie would be around 12 now.
    Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    At the top of a hill, overlooking the sea, under a tree.
    Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Thats because they haven't suggested that this one is Maddie McCann.....
    Last edited by Novice; August 7th, 2015 at 06:59 PM.
    Free Charmed.

A*O

Apart from anything else this child was found in remote South Australia. I highly doubt anyone could have brought Maddie here from Portugal when the whole world was looking out for her. She didn't have a passport either.
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.
    Dame Edna Everage

The Mr was working in Loxton for 2.5 years and just came home permanently recently. He spent a lot of time on that road coming back and forward most weekends and swears he saw the same suitcase a bit further along, about 60km where they found it. It sounds like it had been moved a few times, and finally by the man that some people saw. I don't understand how some people stopped and went through the case but didn't see the bones.

The whole thing is strange. Who is this man, and why was he moving the case? Even though the case she was found in was gray, it was originally black so must have been there for a while. Although, it does get very hot out there, a few degrees higher than the city, so who knows. I just hope they find who this poor little girl was, and whoever brutally murdered her (it must have been bad if they could tell by the bones alone that it was a violent death) and dumped her like she was trash.
    It's like you ate too much crazy then puked it all over a post and hit submit - Nancydrew

A*O

Has the Mr shared this info with the police? Could be important.
    Dame Edna Everage

Yes, he did, he spoke to a detective. They said he may need to make an official statement at some stage but hasn't heard back. I guess at the moment they're focusing on trying to work out who the players are.

The Mr feels really bad that he didn't check the case, I think he saw it a couple of weeks prior, but most people wouldn't think twice about seeing a case on the side of the road. A lot of people do long distance traveling along that road, it wouldn't be surprising to see a case fallen on the side of the road, in full view. Me however, I watch too many crime shows so I probably would have checked. I've likely passed it myself at some stage when I would go up there, but I didn't see it at that time.

Really hope they work this one out, just awful knowing someone can do this to a child and not think twice about dumping them. That mystery man is definitely making me curious. It just sounds like he moved it, rather than dumping it, but why? And he hasn't come forward, they're still appealing for him to make contact. Someone must be missing this child, even a relative or family friend must realise they haven't seen this child for a while.
    It's like you ate too much crazy then puked it all over a post and hit submit - Nancydrew

A*O

If the mystery man was responsible for her death he's not going to come forward is he.
    Dame Edna Everage

There was a similar case here in NY. 'Baby Hope', it took 22 years to identify the poor child and it was a family member who had killed her.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murd...elica_Castillo
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information