Like Tree9Likes
  • 3 Post By stella blue
  • 2 Post By HWBL
  • 1 Post By Clubber Lang
  • 1 Post By KrisNine
  • 1 Post By greysfang
  • 1 Post By hustle4alivin

Thread: Jack Garcia, the nine-year-old boy beaten to death for eating birthday cake

Elite Member

Default Jack Garcia, the nine-year-old boy beaten to death for eating birthday cake

Nine-year-old boy beaten to death for eating birthday cake, police say

Nine-year-old boy beaten to death for eating birthday cake, police say

July 15th 2015
    Dana Hedgpeth

Charges of second-degree murder and first-degree child abuse resulting in the death laid against mother and uncle.

Maryland: The mother and uncle of a nine-year-old boy who died after he was handcuffed and beaten for eating birthday cake without permission have been charged with murder and child abuse in connection with his death, law enforcement authorities said.

The boy's mother, Oriana Iris Garcia, 26, was charged on Monday with second-degree murder and first-degree child abuse resulting in the death of her son Jack Kirby Garcia.
    The uncle, Jacob Andrew Barajas, 23, was also arrested and faces the same charges. They were both held on $US5 million ($6.7 million) bonds.

Police say Ms Garcia's boyfriend, Robert Leroy Wilson, 30, beat the boy. He was charged last week with assault and child abuse and is being held in jail on a $US1 million bond.

Jack Garcia in California in February. Photo: AP

According to police, the incident began on June 30 when Mr Barajas handcuffed Jack to a dining chair and Mr Wilson beat the boy.
    Jack's mother later told police she was at work at a retail store during the attack and had left her son in the care of the two men.

When Jack had difficulty breathing after the attack, an adult in the apartment called emergency services. Ms Garcia came home before the ambulance arrived, police said.

When emergency personnel arrived, she met paramedics outside and told them they weren't needed, authorities said.
    Her son, she told paramedics, was fine and he was just "congested". According to charging documents, she declined to have her son checked by the first responders.

The paramedics left but were called back four hours later when the boy stopped breathing. Ms Garcia later told authorities that she "tried to give" the boy water and he "started gurgling when he would take a breath" so emergency services were called.

Jack was hospitalised at Children's National Medical Centre in Washington and died of his injuries on July 5. A final autopsy report has not yet been completed.

Authorities said the boy's mother later told police that Jack was injured when her boyfriend punched him in the stomach because he "stole again".
    She told police that Jack stole birthday cake meant for her boyfriend's baby. His own ninth birthday had been three days before.

They said she also told police that her boyfriend would hit Jack with a piece of hollow bamboo to punish him for lying and would slap him.

She said handcuffs had been placed on the boy "for a few hours at a time in the past" to show him "what's going to happen in jail", authorities said.
    She told them she was "trying to teach" her son not to steal.

According to police, she told them that Jack would "mostly get in trouble for stealing food". The uncle told police the trio punished the boy for allegedly stealing food by making him eat it until he was sick of it.

All three adults came up with these methods of disciplining the child together, the charging documents said.
    The documents also said that Jack and his mother and uncle had moved into Mr Wilson's Hagerstown, Maryland, apartment in March, but the child was never enrolled in school after moving there.

Police said in a press release that the boy's mother and uncle were arrested on Monday without incident after detectives learned they were planning to go to the West Coast, where they are both from originally.

Joseph Michael, the deputy state's attorney in Washington County, Maryland, said on Tuesday that the case "remains under investigation for further charges against all individuals involved".

(left) Oriana Iris Garcia, mother of Jack Garcia. Photo: Reuters ... (right) Jacob Barajas, 23, the boy's uncle, was charged with second-degree murder. Photo: AP

Fuckers.

Elite Member

They said she also told police that her boyfriend would hit Jack with a piece of hollow bamboo to punish him for lying and would slap him.
    I will NEVER understand women who choose to stay with a boyfriend that lays a finger on their child.

This story makes me want to vomit. That poor kid.

She abused him too. I feel so sad for this kid.
    Why do people say, "Grow some balls?" Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really want to get tough, grow a vagina. Those things take a pounding! ~ Betty White

The sad thing is that plenty of idiots like that breed succesfully and their kids end up terribly damaged or dead.
    holly and ikmccall like this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

OMG poor Jack... Jack, are you now in peace and no longer physically or mentally suffering. Rest in peace.
    Go Habs Go!!

R.I.P Jack, you poor, poor boy
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Elite Member

I fucking hate people.
    hustle4alivin likes this.
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Ling chi for the three adults.

Killing a child? Over food? If a child is stealing food, he's hungry. Looking at these two, I can see that they look like they haven't missed many meals. Poor kid. I hope someone in prison takes care of these evil assholes.
    Clubber Lang likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    Killing a child? Over food? If a child is stealing food, he's hungry. Looking at these two, I can see that they look like they haven't missed many meals. Poor kid. I hope someone in prison takes care of these evil assholes.
    Not true. My boys would steal food just so the other one wouldn't get it.
    Alysheba likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

RIP to Jack. This story really makes me hate people so much. The scary thing is boyfriends beating on their women's children is not uncommon. SMH
    Clubber Lang likes this.
    What Kind of Welfare, Witchcraft Hocus Pocus Hoedown is this?!

Elite Member

Maryland boy beaten over cake died from head injuries: coroner

Maryland boy beaten over cake died from head injuries: coroner

Reuters
    2 hrs ago

Daniel Fletcher via AP Images This Feb. 13, 2015 photo provided by Daniel Fletcher shows Jack Garcia in Goleta, Calif.

A coroner has concluded that a 9-year-old Maryland boy who was fatally beaten over a missing piece of birthday cake died from head injuries, a spokeswoman for the agency said on Tuesday.

The death of the boy, Jack Garcia, was a homicide, the spokeswoman for the District of Columbia's Office of the Chief Medical Examiner said.

Prosecutors allege that Jack was handcuffed and beaten by his mother's boyfriend, Robert Wilson, for eating a piece of birthday cake without permission on June 30 in Hagerstown, Maryland, about 50 miles (80 km) northwest of Washington.

Jack died in a Washington hospital on July 5. Wilson has been charged in Washington County, Maryland, with second-degree murder, child abuse and other counts.

Jack's mother, Oriana Garcia, and his uncle, Jacob Barajas, face similar charges.

Police say Garcia did not allow emergency responders to provide medical treatment to her son after knowing he was beaten.

They need to go to prison. Then the inmates will do the rest.
    Go Habs Go!!

This story brought me to tears. That poor little guy. What monsters.

Thread Information