Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By greysfang

Thread: Motel 6 Security video shows attempted armed robbery of former HLN Host Lynne Russell

Default Motel 6 Security video shows attempted armed robbery of former HLN Host Lynne Russell

This is an example of exactly the wrong couple to try to rob. Apparently Russell and her husband were traveling cross country and booked a night at a Motel 6 on the way back - along with their dog.

While Russell was going back and forth from the car to the room, she was asked by a guy if she had any cigarettes. She told him she didn't smoke and then went about her business. At one point, the cigarette guy hid around the corner from the room, pulled a gun and surprised her and pushed her in. Her husband had been in the shower and came out.

Russell is also a former detective, and her husband is a former special ops officer. They both carry (legal) handguns. At some point, the robber flat out fired at Russell's husband (hit him three times, non fatally), who returned fire. The robber ran out into the parking lot and died. His lookout accomplice is charged with his own co-conspirator's murder.

This video shows the robber walking the halls, pushing Russell into the room, and then later running from the room after being fatally shot.

How scary! Just a reminder to be vigilant at all times.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Quote Originally Posted by nwgirl View Post
    How scary! Just a reminder to be vigilant at all times.
    That's exactly what I was thinking. It's dark, you are in an unfamiliar place, and walking back and forth from the hotel room to the car. I've done it a thousand times, too. I'm definitely going to pay more attention. I'm assuming he approached her for a cigarette so that she would be more unsuspecting/comfortable around him as he got closer to her room.

So why did they cut out the part of the shot guy running out to die?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    So why did they cut out the part of the shot guy running out to die?
    That's what I was looking for.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

It's at 3:31.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    That's exactly what I was thinking. It's dark, you are in an unfamiliar place, and walking back and forth from the hotel room to the car. I've done it a thousand times, too. I'm definitely going to pay more attention. I'm assuming he approached her for a cigarette so that she would be more unsuspecting/comfortable around him as he got closer to her room.
    Watching that all I could think was that she wasn't paying any attention while she was getting into her room in particular. Hands full, key card not at the ready, etc. But I guess it's probably more cause I knew what was inevitably going to happen that I was paying attention to that. Altho I will say I'm always particularly wary in motels like that. Or walking to and from my car.

I wonder if knowing her husband was right inside had anything to do with her sort of lax attention as well? I have to imagine I wouldn't be nearly as attentive if I had a man nearby even tho I've seen dudes who have been worthless when something went down.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Why were they staying in a Motel 6? Im glad the right side won.

Because motel 6 allows dogs.
    SHELLEE and Witchywoman like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Thread Information