Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Texas Cop Suspended After Footage Emerges of Brutal Pool Party Arrests

Default Texas Cop Suspended After Footage Emerges of Brutal Pool Party Arrests

Texas Cop Suspended After Footage Emerges of Brutal Pool Party Arrests

Brendan O'ConnorFiled to: cops

6/07/15 1:35pm

On Saturday, video was uploaded to Youtube of police officers screaming at and arresting children at a community pool in Texas. One officer, confronted by two boys while grabbing a young girl by the neck and shoving her head towards the ground, pulls his gun and points it at them.

According to a police statement posted to Facebook, McKinney, Texas police responded on Friday evening to a “disturbance” call regarding a group of teenagers who “do not live in the area or have permission to be there.”
    A fight had reportedly broken out at the Craig Ranch North Community Pool when the police were called. “When the cops showed up everyone ran, including the people who didn’t do anything,” the description of the Youtube video reads. “So the cops just started putting everyone on the ground and in handcuffs for no reason. This kind of force is uncalled for especially on children and innocent bystanders.”
    From the police statement:

First responding officers encountered a large crowd that refused to comply with police commands. Nine additional units responded to the scene. Officers were eventually able to gain control of the situation.
    McKinney Police later learned of a video that was taken at the scene by an unknown party. This video has raised concerns that are being investigated by the McKinney Police Department. At this time, one of the responding officers has been placed on administrative leave pending the outcome of this investigation.
    The statement does not specify which of the responding officers has been suspended or which part of the video “raised concerns.” Was it, indeed, the part where an officer pulls his weapon on two unarmed boys? Or was it the part where he drives his knee into a teenage girl’s back—a girl who, in fact, was apparently following his orders to leave the area when he changed his mind and decided to arrest her—and screams in her face?
    Then again, perhaps it was the part when he interrupts another officer who is trying to talk to a group of teenagers—two of whom return to him a flashlight dropped by an officer who was sprinting around tackling people—like human beings, wrestling one to the ground and yelling, “Get on the ground. I told you to stay.”
    Later, this officer explains, “I personally told you to get on the ground and stay. What did you do when I walked away? You did what everybody else did, and what everybody else did was illegal. You did it, and you got caught. Now, you’re sitting here, paying for it.”
    As it happens, it would appear that this is the same officer who pulled his gun for no reason. One can only imagine why two young black males would want to run away from such a person.

Unarmed People of Color Killed by Police, 1999-2014

On Wednesday, after the announcement that NYPD Officer Daniel Pantaleo would not be indicted for… Read more

Update, 2:05 p.m. – Buzzfeed News spoke to Brandon Brooks, who uploaded the video to Youtube. “I think a bunch of white parents were angry that a bunch of black kids who don’t live in the neighborhood were in the pool,” he said. “Everyone who was getting put on the ground was black, Mexican, Arabic,” he said. “[The cop] didn’t even look at me. It was kind of like I was invisible.” Brooks is white.
    Update, 6:33 p.m. - The suspended officer has reportedly been identified as Corporal Eric Casebolt.

Texas Cop Suspended After Footage Emerges of Brutal Pool Party Arrests
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Hit By Ban Bus!

He needs his badge taken from him.
    BITTER likes this.

I was just watching, it's fucking sick, fucking sick. I started to cry when that girl was crying, as he was sitting on top of her shoving her face into the grass. That officer is a piece of shit, to pull a gun on two teens and shove another one's face into the ground because she didn't immediately cower to him. How pathetic of these men to feel powerful by bullying teenagers, especially just because they're minority teenagers.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I can't wait to find out more about the women that were talking shit and got into the fight that started all this.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

He needs his ass kicked.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Come on, people, racism is dead in the USA. We have a (half) African American President, remember?
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

I hope the big fat white guy is proud that he watched and did nothing to stop the abuse.
    whitetigeress and greysfang like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

did that dumb cop roll to cover up the fact that he tripped?

i hope that asshole gets fired.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

The whole thing is amazing in the most fucked up way. We're the women fighting arrested or detained? I see one of them in the background by the white suv but no one is doing shit to her. This is such bullshit.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

That "officer" is a tiny little piece of shit, most of the teens there were easily his size and bigger. I bet he got hysterical out of fear, racism and prejudice induced fear.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    did that dumb cop roll to cover up the fact that he tripped?
    I thought he thought he was dodging bullets and dropped and rolled.

The way he had her pinned down with his knee on her back, using all his body weight to hold her there, it looks like she can't breathe. I've seen that same move on Cops multiple times, in different cities. Sometimes the person is handcuffed and two cops will be kneeling into them, one cop kneeling into their back and the other kneeling onto their head at the same time with the person asking them to just get off their back cause they can't breathe.
    "His suits are cheaply made because he makes them in other countries, taking jobs away from good, hard-working Americans."...Bevy Smith on Donald Trump

Very considerate of those white middle aged subarban dads to stand around and play assistant to the cops.

Elite Member

Ugh. This is disgusting. Is it any wonder some people hate and fear the police? Thank god some of it is being caught on video now--but I'm sure we're just seeing the tip of the iceberg.
    Grammar: The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    Come on, people, racism is dead in the USA. We have a (half) African American President, remember?

I felt that they were cheated out of that. I really do. I wonder if he were total African American, would he have gotten it. I mentioned this one time to a co-worker, who is African American, but she calls herself black, and she gave me a serious look and said, "You too?" She was floored that I felt that way. She said it wasn't enough for her. I said well we need to get a black woman in there and she said that would do it for her. Sad people don't feel equally represented in this country still. And still sad that people treat people because of the color of their skin.
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.

Can't look at the vid without raising my BP.
    *DIVA! likes this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information