Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Indian woman fights off drunk sex attacker, single-handedly drags to police station

Default Indian woman fights off drunk sex attacker, single-handedly drags to police station

Indian woman fights off drunk sex attacker and single-handedly drags him to police station while 50 PEOPLE look on silently

• Pradnya Mandhare, 20, left stunned by attack in Mumbai, Maharashtra state
    • Media studies student was accosted by intoxicated man on station platform
    • 'Belted' him with her bag and took him to police without aid from witnesses
    • Drug addict and alcoholic Chavan Chowdee, 25, was arrested over attack
    • Ms Mandhare held up as example to women for standing up for herself

By TIM MACFARLAN FOR MAILONLINE
    PUBLISHED: 06:23 EST, 20 March 2015 | UPDATED: 02:01 EST, 21 March 2015
    15kshares
    78View comments

A brave Indian girl attacked by a drunk man in broad daylight was left speechless when none of the 50 people who were watching did anything to help.
    Student Pradnya Mandhare said she had not choice but to fight the man off and drag him to a police station herself.
    The 20-year-old was stunned by the attack because it happened at a train station at around 2.30pm in front of dozens of onlookers and she was convinced that some of the people walking past would step in to help, but nobody did.
    The third-year media studies student at Sathaye College in the city of Mumbai in western India`s Maharashtra State was on her way home after attending her lectures when the incident took place on the platform at Kandivli station in the north of the city.
    She said: 'I was really shocked when he came up and just started groping me, and I try to get away from him but he grabbed me then.
    Scroll down for video

+5

Pradnya Mandhare, 20, fought off a drunk sex attacker then dragged him to a police station single-handedly

+5

+5

The fact no one came to her aid shocked Ms Mandhare, a media studies student, as much as the attack itself

'The only thing to do because nobody else was doing anything was to hit him and so I belted him with my bag.

Drug addict and alcoholic Chavan Chowdee, 25, is in custody awaiting charges over the attack on Ms Mandhare, which took place on a busy station platform in Mumbai in broad daylight

'He tried to hit me back and he really stunk of alcohol, but I was determined not to let him get away with it. I know that women don't like to complain to the police but I was determined to make sure he was punished.'
    The platform where she was attacked had been packed at that time of day but not one person had offered to help her, so she had grabbed him by the hair and dragged him to the police station herself.
    She said: 'He was telling me to let go and that he would come with me voluntarily, but I didn't trust him and continued to pull him along. I finally managed to hand him over to the police without getting any help from anyone.'
    Police confirmed they had arrested 25-year-old drug addict and alcoholic Chavan Chowdee, who was currently in custody awaiting charges.
    The young woman has now been held as an example for others to also take the law into their own hands and not allow men to simply do what they want.
    She said: 'I don't see myself as a heroine but I also think we should make a stand and let men know they can't just do what they want and treated like objects to be groped whenever they feel like it.'

+5

The third-year student (right) was on her way home after attending her lectures when the incident took place

+5

The platform where Ms Mandhare was attacked was packed with travellers but no one offered to help her

Indian woman confronts her alleged attacker (related)

Ms Mandhare also told NDTV: 'Most women are scared of approaching the police as filing a complaint is a lengthy process.
    'It involves giving a lot of statements and, sometimes, dealing with uncooperative officers. But, I was firm on taking that man to the police.
    'Every woman should fight back in such cases and they should not keep quiet. I am grateful that the police also helped me and arrested the accused.
    RELATED ARTICLES

SHARE THIS ARTICLE

'I also asked the police officers to teach the accused a lesson so that he would not dare to molest a woman ever again.
    'This Women's Day a youth had passed a lewd comment at me. I tried taking him to the police station but he managed to escape.
    'Parents of girls also think that going to a police station would tarnish their daughter's reputation.
    'But, women should raise their voice and teach such people a lesson. Women are not objects for anyone to touch at will.'

Read more: Indian woman fights off drunk sex attacker and drags him to police station in Mumbai while 50 PEOPLE look on | Daily Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Good for her!
    Bunraku likes this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Yeah, she was incredibly brave. And the bystander effect is still alive and well. But what's with all the modeling shots? She's very cute but still.
    Why do people say, "Grow some balls?" Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really want to get tough, grow a vagina. Those things take a pounding! ~ Betty White

^^ that's this generation. Pretty common.

She's got guts. Good for her.

By the way, related to the other story linked at the bottom, India needs to assign the death penalty as a mandatory punishment for acid attacks. They already have the death penalty, so this would just be an adjustment to their existing code.

I hope this doesn't backfire on her. She's a strong woman I applaud her. That is one hell of an eyebrow the attacker has.
    mtlebay and louiswinthorpe111 like this.

A*O

Courageous for sure but the glamour posed selfies could be construed as sending mixed messages to the sick minds of monobrow cromagnon sexual predators.
    whitetigeress likes this.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

She could be a known prostitute for all I care, no person has any right to put their hands upon another unless it is to stop them from causing injury to their self or others or the theft of irreplaceable property. She could have a picture with a dick in her mouth makes no difference that each person is entitled to personal space and should never be touched against thie will.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    By the way, related to the other story linked at the bottom, India needs to assign the death penalty as a mandatory punishment for acid attacks. They already have the death penalty, so this would just be an adjustment to their existing code.
    There are also two separate links below this same article regarding 2 different cases where men were wrongfully convicted of murders, one having spent 20 years in prison, the other 39. Good thing they weren't given the death penalty.
    faithanne, twitchy2.0 and Honey like this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    She could be a known prostitute for all I care, no person has any right to put their hands upon another unless it is to stop them from causing injury to their self or others or the theft of irreplaceable property. She could have a picture with a dick in her mouth makes no difference that each person is entitled to personal space and should never be touched against thie will.
    <<<<<<. How very DARE you!
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I doubt the random drunk / junkie had seen the pics. They have no bearing on what happened to her.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    There are also two separate links below this same article regarding 2 different cases where men were wrongfully convicted of murders, one having spent 20 years in prison, the other 39. Good thing they weren't given the death penalty.
    I'm against wrongful convictions, too. But still in favor of the death penalty for acid attacks. And honor killings, while we are at it.

How do you rectify wrongful convictions if the person has been executed? A heartfelt sorry? An embarrassed oops?

Full disclosure- when I was younger I was pro capital punishment. I changed my mind many years ago. And I had a family member that was murdered, yet still managed to change my mind on the issue, although I can relate to the personal call for retribution that humans can feel when losing someone to violence.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

I don't think there are that many wrongful convictions. But there are always wrongful acid attacks.
    Alysheba likes this.

Oh, there are many wrongful convictions. Salem Witch trials, the Scottsboro boys, the Central Park Jogger case, West Memphis three.....it seems like were always reading about them here in the good old USA where we supposedly have a fair system, I'd hate to think about how high the rate is in a country where corruption is a known part of the system as is the case throughout Asia. and of course, one innocent person put to death is one too many.

More Innocent People on Death Row Than Estimated: Study
    US Death Penalty Wrongful Convictions Executions

faithanne and twitchy2.0 like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information