Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Creepy Millionaire Robert Durst's Ego Finally Gets Him Arrested for Murder

Default Creepy Millionaire Robert Durst's Ego Finally Gets Him Arrested for Murder

I don't know if anyone watched the HBO 6-part documentary "The Jinx", but I was positively riveted by this guy and his creepy eyes, and the AH-HA moments of the last two episodes. Most people think he got away with 3 murders (he actually admitted to dismembering a guy, but was still acquitted!) but his big mouth and ego may have finally done him in. Even so, I still wonder if they'll nail him this time, he's a slippery one and his money has gotten him out of lots of trouble in the past. Pretty fascinating guy though. There's tons of info online about his antics over the years.

Infamous Murder Suspect Robert Durst Arrested on Eve of HBO’s The Jinx Finale

By Daniel Politi

Robert Durst is pictured in this booking photo taken March 14, 2015 and provided by the Orleans Parish Sheriff’s Office.

Robert Durst was arrested in New Orleans late Saturday night on murder charges. His attorney made the arrest public on Sunday hours before the finale of HBO’s The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst was scheduled to air. The documentary series is what has brought the 71-year-old real estate heir back in the spotlight, and he was being held Sunday on an extradition warrant out of Los Angeles, reports local ABC affiliate KTRK. His lawyer said that Durst will not fight extradition to Los Angeles and hopes his client will be able to see a judge in New Orleans on Monday. He has then vowed to fight the charges in Los Angeles.

“All reports are that he was polite and cooperative as always,” said Durst's attorney, Chip Lewis. Houston NBC affiliate KPRC asked Lewis about the timing of the arrest: “I don't think it's a coincidence that it's happening on the eve of the series finale.”

Durst has made news over more than three decades because he has been a person of interest in three deaths since 1982. “The arrest comes as authorities were interviewing new witnesses in the 2000 slaying of a Los Angeles writer, Susan Berman,” reports the Los Angeles Times. Berman was friends with Durst, who at the time of her death was also suspected in the disappearance of his wife in 1982. Then less than a year after Berman’s death, Durst was arrested for the killing of Morris Black, his neighbor in Texas. He jumped bail before the trial but was caught in Pennsylvania for shoplifting. He admitted killing Black but said it was in self-defense and was found not guilty.

Robert Durst (C) sits in State District Judge Susan Criss court with his attorney Dick DeGuerin (R) on November 10, 2003 at the Galveston County Courthouse in Galveston, Texas.

In a look at what has made The Jinx such an interesting documentary series, the Atlantic’s David Sims notes that Durst “agreed to speak to [director Andrew] Jarecki for reasons that are hard to fully fathom” but that “perhaps the most compelling thing about The Jinx is that it's set the wheels of justice in motion again.”

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2015/03/15/robert_durst_infamous_real_estate_heir_arrested_be fore_finale_of_the_jinx.html

palta likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I've read that the live mics caught him saying "I killed them all"...

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/16/ny...sted.html?_r=0
    Brookie likes this.

^ He seems to have a habit of muttering to himself, he did it another time during the interviews. Of course they're calling that his BOMBSHELL confession, but I dunno. I think there's some argument there. The director had just revealed a major bombshell to him so he could've just been saying sarcastically to himself, "I killed them all of course" because that's what people will conclude. I'm sure that's what the defense attorneys will say anyway. To me, the handwriting analysis they revealed in the 5th episode was more damning.
    darksithbunny likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

This was one of Forensic Files' epic cases. And knowing how the first trial went down, there is NO WAY they are going to convict him this time. He will hire the best law firm in town and skate.

so apparently i've been living under a rock because i'd never heard of this guy until a couple of weeks ago when i saw a poster for the documentary on hbo, and now that i saw the news that he's been arrested. off to wikipedia because i still don't know anything about him or these cases.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    so apparently i've been living under a rock because i'd never heard of this guy until a couple of weeks ago when i saw a poster for the documentary on hbo, and now that i saw the news that he's been arrested. off to wikipedia because i still don't know anything about him or these cases.
    It's a pretty sweeping tale. When I first heard about it, I thought this was the kind of thing that was destined to become a movie - which it did. But then because of Durst's hubris, it also became a documentary.

So he killed and dismembered a body. They never found the victim's head. And he got away with self defense?

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    So he killed and dismembered a body. They never found the victim's head. And he got away with self defense?
    He claimed that the other guy attacked him and that he killed the other guy while defending himself. Amazingly, that worked as a defense. But Durst had hired the best lawyers in town, and I guess the jury wasn't allowed to hear about the suspicions regarding his wife and friend.

Robert Durst

No Deal Struck

Between Cops and 'Jinx' Producers

3/16/2015 9:58 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

EXCLUSIVE
    Police and "The Jinx" producers did NOT make a deal in which cops got Robert Durst's confession in return for holding the arrest until the show's finale ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.
    Multiple sources connected with the case acknowledge ... police received the audio confession months ago. They say there was no quid pro quo with producers, but there were independent reasons why police had to wait until Saturday to swoop down on Durst.
    Our sources say police were waiting for Durst "to make a move," knowing the show was about to air with his confession ... "killed them all."
    None of our sources would be specific as to what authorities were waiting for, but we do know Durst went down to New Orleans and Saturday was the first day an airline flew non-stop from the Big Easy to Cuba ... the first such flight since 1958. Cuba does not have an extradition treaty with the U.S.
    Our sources acknowledge the timing makes it look like they struck a deal with producers, but they all insist it was not the case and Durst did something in the last few days that sealed the deal.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz3UZe6wIXP

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Now, if only this creep could finally be caught as well:

Novelist Michael Peterson whose 2 wives just happened to die in a very similar way: falling down a flight of stairs.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

^^Ew.

I'm trippin over this shit. When they pulled out those envelopes, I was riveted to my seat examining the handwriting.

I thought it was creepy as fuck when he walked up the brother's steps to his house.

Also, when he killed his neighbor in self defense, then dismembered and beheaded him, he was living there disguised as a mute woman.
    Last edited by Tati; March 17th, 2015 at 09:46 AM.
    "His suits are cheaply made because he makes them in other countries, taking jobs away from good, hard-working Americans."...Bevy Smith on Donald Trump

I have this recorded and haven't watched it yet. There's some creepy part of me that is soooooo fascinated with this type of person.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    Now, if only this creep could finally be caught as well:

Novelist Michael Peterson whose 2 wives just happened to die in a very similar way: falling down a flight of stairs.
    And what the hell is it with guys named Peterson killing their wives??? Drew, Michael, Scott..... If a guy with the last name Peterson "winked" at your Match.com profile, just close out your account.

Here is an epic correction from AP regarding Robert "Break Stuff" Durst:
    NEW ORLEANS (AP) A Louisiana State Police trooper says millionaire Robert Durst has been booked on weapons charges in that state on top of a first-degree murder charge lodged by Los Angeles authorities. Trooper Melissa Matey told the Associated Press that an arrest warrant was issued for the former Limp Bizkit frontman and he was rebooked in the Orleans Parish Jail on Monday under two new charges.

The correction went out this morning, and it is beautiful:
    In the second item of the California 10th NewsMinute sent March 16 to users of the state broadcast wire, The Associated Press reported erroneously that Robert Durst is a member of a band. He is a real estate heir; Fred Durst is the former frontman of Limp Bizkit.
    sprynkles and Trixie like this.

^Ha...when I did a search before posting this thread, the only things that came up were about Fred Durst. At least I knew the difference.
    MohandasKGanja likes this.

Just watched the documentary knowing absolutely nothing about this guy. I think it's the best way to watch it. It completely blew me away.

I think he'll slip from their fingers once more. As creepy as he looks, it's just insane how likable he also comes across and with his kind of money it's hard to get him.
    Trixie, Heidi Ho and palta like this.
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information