Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Teen Charged for Allegedly Urging Friend to Kill Himself

Default Teen Charged for Allegedly Urging Friend to Kill Himself

Teen Charged for Allegedly Urging Friend to Kill Himself
    Police in Massachusetts have charged an 18-year-old honor student with involuntary manslaughter for her alleged role in the death of classmate Conrad Roy, 18, who took his own life last July.

According to prosecutors, Michelle Carter of Plainville, Massachusetts "strongly influenced" Roy's decision to kill himself, privately advocating he poison himself with carbon monoxide while publicly expressing concern about the missing teen's whereabouts and safety. From The Boston Globe:

After writing one friend to say, "I'm losing all hope that he's even alive," Carter texted Roy, "Let me know when you're gonna do it," according to a police report.

Carter, now a senior at King Philip High School, had a "full understanding" of the suicide plan, and in the days leading up to Roy's death "not only encouraged Conrad to take his own life, she questioned him repeatedly as to when and why he hadn't done it yet," the report said.

Emphasis added. Prosecutors say at one point Roy expressed concern for his family and became scared, exiting the truck he was later found dead in. According to court documents, Carter told Roy "get back in."

In the months after his death, Carter mourned Roy over social media tweeting "Such a beautiful soul gone to soon" and "#WeCanEndSuicide."

Carter, who was 17 at the time, has now been charged as a youthful offender and faces up to 20 years in prison, but her attorney says there was no crime.

"They're trying to claim there is manslaughter when they freely admit the boy took his own life," attorney Joseph P. Cataldo told The Standard-Times. "You can't have it both ways."
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

She's a fucking sociopath. but while i think she should be charged with something, i don't think this deserves a manslaughter charge. this kind of shows how lacking laws are for this type of thing.
    Just Kill Me and SHELLEE like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Yeah laws can't keep up with the fucked up sick things humans can do.
    nwgirl likes this.

I agree, she's a total sociopath, but manslaughter? I don't agree.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Not sure what should happen to her, but what a fucking, little psycho.
    Honey and holly like this.

A*O

I don't think she's mentally unstable, just a deeply dumb teenage girl whose reality is social media and she can't distinguish between what happens via her phone and the real life consequences.
    Bunraku likes this.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

No, she's a psycho. At that age and the fact that she's an honor student, she knew what she was doing.
    Last edited by SHELLEE; March 1st, 2015 at 09:32 PM.
    faithanne, Honey, Ravenna and 3 others like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

She's twisted
    KrisNine likes this.

Elite Member

It breaks my heart to think about the emotional agony and absolute despair Conrad must have been going through.

It's like he was standing right on the edge of a cliff pondering what to do and Michelle came right up behind him and pushed him over that edge.

She could have very easily led him the other way and helped him through his pain and keep living.. but she chose to be a ice cold bitch.

i'd give her the damn sizzling chair!
    Last edited by *Wookie-Chick*; March 2nd, 2015 at 07:29 AM. Reason: Edited some info out.

Age could have led him the other way... Nope, she's like all of the little psycho bitches that get kicks out of the control they have over others!! I think I watch the ID channel too much!!
    KrisNine likes this.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Quote Originally Posted by *DIVA! View Post
    Age could have led him the other way... Nope, she's like all of the little psycho bitches that get kicks out of the control they have over others!! I think I watch the ID channel too much!!
    Sounds about right. And getting all that attention for being the 'friend' of a suicide victim was probably a nice little bonus for her. Sick, sick little POS.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Very sick. I recall a Canadian nurse (my details may be off) doing this online for a bit before he was caught. Some people are just broken in some way and these seriously fucked up people prey on them.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

At the very least, I hope she gets blackballed from working at crisis hotlines.
    Trixie likes this.

I struggle with this from a purely legal perspective. It's heartbreaking that a young man was that desolate and even sadder that he reached out to this wretched creature. That said, she didn't owe him a legal duty that she failed to perform and she didn't take any overt action, so I don't understand criminal culpability here. But she is a heartless sociopath.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    Sounds about right. And getting all that attention for being the 'friend' of a suicide victim was probably a nice little bonus for her. Sick, sick little POS.
    I have a feeling her college application essays are about her friends suicide....
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information