• 1 Post By *DIVA!
  • 2 Post By greysfang
  • 1 Post By Flygirl
  • 1 Post By Icepik
  • 2 Post By Kittylady

Thread: Homeless Ohio Woman Walked Miles to Face Her Rapist in Court

Default Homeless Ohio Woman Walked Miles to Face Her Rapist in Court

Homeless Ohio Woman Walked Miles to Face Her Rapist in Court

Last year a homeless Ohio woman repeatedly walked for miles to face her rapist in court, because, according to a local detective, "He was counting on her not showing up."

The womanówhose name was withheld from reportsówas raped last spring in the Columbus area. Via the Columbus Dispatch:

The woman was sleeping under an E. Broad Street bridge that spans Big Walnut Creek just east of Hamilton Road when she was raped on the afternoon of March 12. She said she usually stayed there with her then-boyfriend but was alone when she awoke to a stranger attacking her. He struck her in the head repeatedly and forced intercourse, she said. After he ran away, she walked to a nearby convenience store and, bleeding from a head injury, asked a clerk to call police.

Thanks to a DNA database, local cops quickly identified Paul Hubert, 54, who claimed he had paid her for a consensual affair.

As the case wound its way to trial, the woman made it a point of attending at least six of the pre-trial court dates, reportedly begging for bus fare or walking as much as eight miles when prosecutors were unable to provide her with a bus pass.

Hubert pleaded guilty on February 10 and will serve three years in prison. He'll also reportedly be required to check in as a sex offender every 90 days.

Columbus police detective James Ashenhurst tells the AP, "If it wasn't for her cooperation, he would have walked."

"I didn't want to see him do it to anyone else," the womanówho is still homelessótold the Columbus Dispatch. "If he would do that to me, imagine what he might do to his next victim."

Homeless Ohio Woman Walked Miles to Face Her Rapist in Court

Heartbreaking.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

it is sad...but why were they unable to provide her with a bus pass. I'm surprised that they didn't send a ride for her, or something.
    and 3 yrs? that's awful. He'll be out in a year and a half. Hopefully prison will punish him more.
    Kittylady likes this.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Nasty ass son of a bitch!! I hope he gets buttraped while in jail!!
    msdeb likes this.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Elite Member

What an incredibly brave and strong lady.. *awestruck by her*.

In the comments of the Article, a lady called.. 'Jane Eyrerys Targaryen' (Tuesday 5:14pm) wrote the following..

Here is the journalist's response to my email about why the prosecutors couldn't give her a bus pass. ( I needed to know ):
    "Prosecutors did give her bus passes when they could locate her. When a case drags out for a year (not unusual) and it involves a victim with no permanent address or cell phone, tracking them down isn't easy. I really think they did their best to remain in contact with her and offer her assistance."

Thank you for posting this article Witchcurlgirl.

I was annoyed about the bus pass thing too until I read the reason. I guess it would be difficult to keep track of her. You think they could sprung for a year long pass so they knew she had transportation the entire time.

Yeah, even if they couldn't expense it, I think I would have given her an EcoPass for the year out of my own pocket. Might also be helpful for her to you know, find a job and a home and stuff.
    Air Quotes and MmeVertigina like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

...and she knew the attorney's phone number, plus, she obviously knew the court date. But i do agree about the years pass.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Three fucking years? What the hell
    Kittylady likes this.

Why didn't they just find her a homeless shelter to stay in that was close by?
    Kittylady likes this.

Elite Member

Yes, there seems to be a lot of unanswered questions about the welfare of the lady.

i would have thought that a Case Worker or Counsellor/Social Worker would have been assigned to help her .. unless she is so used to living how she does, that the streets are her 'home' and she can't see herself living any other way at the moment?

It is very sad and heartbreaking, and i really hope she is okay and wish her a brighter future.
    Last edited by *Wookie-Chick*; February 20th, 2015 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Spelling and grammar.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

You know what fucks me off almost as much as the piss poor sentence? That this piece of shit is warm and dry and fed every day while (as far as we know) this lady is still on the streets.
    Serendipity and lindsaywhit like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Thread Information