• 2 Post By Beeyotch
  • 7 Post By witchcurlgirl
  • 2 Post By A*O
  • 2 Post By CornFlakegrl
  • 2 Post By sputnik
  • 1 Post By sluce

Thread: Man Jailed For Rape After Not Paying A Prostitute For Consensual Sex

A*O

Default Man Jailed For Rape After Not Paying A Prostitute For Consensual Sex

And in today's WTF moment from our nation's whacky capital.......

A Canberra man who tricked a sex worker into providing sexual services to him for free has been sentenced to eight months behind bars.

Akis Emmanouel Livas, 52, caused the woman to feel "internally violated, used and dirty" when he pretended he had brought cash to pay her for sex in 2010, a court heard.

Livas pleaded guilty to sexual intercourse without consent shortly before he was set to go on trial last year and appeared in the ACT Supreme Court on Friday.

The court was told he first had sex with the woman in October 2010 but didn't have enough money to pay the full fee.

Livas vowed to pay the $50 he still owed her on their next encounter, which he booked later that month for $800.

He handed over a sealed envelope and stopped the woman from opening it to check the money was inside, saying:

"No, no, no don't open it now, it's you have to trust me on this it's part of my fantasy that it's all about the romance and I need you to trust me."

The pair had sex but the woman grew increasingly suspicious and later opened the envelope to find there was no money inside.

Instead, she found a paper bag that had been folded to make it feel like a wad of cash, and a white card with a printed red rose on it.

Livas left the premises and the woman later reported the incident to police.

The woman read a victim impact statement in court and recalled she cried uncontrollably as tears ran down her naked body when she realised she'd been deceived.

"I felt internally violated, used and dirty. I felt sick," she said.

In the days after the incident, she couldn't eat, sleep or think properly and she later developed post-traumatic stress disorder, she said.

She told the court she lost trust in her regular clients and felt her ability to screen prospective clients appropriately had suffered.

The woman said sex work was a necessary service to the community but she kept her job a secret because of the stigma attached and the "catastrophic" impact it could have on her work and relationships.

She said speaking about the incident and the subsequent public scrutiny had worsened the trauma she felt over the incident.

"I am not a victim of my job," she told the court.

"I am a real woman. I am a rape victim."

Livas' lawyer argued his client's life had spiralled out of control after the incident, and his relationships and employment had suffered.

He said his client had not been violent towards the woman during their encounter and claimed he felt he developed a special bond with her.

Prosecutor Jon White said the woman's comments showed the case was about "violation of personal integrity of a person in a very vulnerable situation".

Mr White said while such cases did not often come before the courts, it was a sexual assault and there was a need for general deterrence.

"Sex workers are just as entitled as any member of the community to have their sexual integrity respected."

In handing down the sentence, Justice Hilary Penfold said consent for sex that was obtained by fraud constituted rape.

Livas appeared shocked when Ms Penfold sentenced him to eight months behind bars and ordered he serve a two-year good behaviour order.

She said while the crime was not violent, it was clearly premeditated and Livas had shown a limited ability to accept personal responsibility for his actions.

Canberra Times
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

n handing down the sentence, Justice Hilary Penfold said consent for sex that was obtained by fraud constituted rape.
    Throw out your make up, spanx and push up bras.
    witchcurlgirl likes this.

Duh isn't that why you ask for the money upfront?
    greysfang and sputnik like this.

A more appropriate charge would have been robbery.
    Sleuth, Tati, Beeyotch and 4 others like this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

^^ Exactly! It's not rape because it was still somewhat consensual. She simply didn't get paid for services rendered. I don't understand why they are calling it rape.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

A*O

Because our judiciary is stacked with PC feminists who think all men are mysogenists and rapists.
    brindle and joebob like this.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Her consent was based on receiving payment.

I was actually assaulted by a client, it was horrible, and he even paid me it that doesn't make what he did to me physically okay. He held me down and basically said he could do whatever he wanted to me, took off the condom and had sex with me. It was an absolutely terrifying situation and I am so glad I did not catch anything from that disgusting bastard. I did my best to just play along so I could leave. He also proceeded to go to the Internet and write horrible reviews about me, too after bombarding me wih emails and messages finally ending with the threat "you really should have replied to me". The best part is I was only able to get a few of them pulled down because hey I'm a whore and that's the business.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

JKM what happened to you was assault. You weren't consenting to be held down or have unprotected sex.
    Kittylady and sputnik like this.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Because our judiciary is stacked with PC feminists who think all men are mysogenists and rapists.
    no, it has more to do with this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    Her consent was based on receiving payment.
    she's not having sex with him for his big dick and winning personality. she agreed to fuck him if he paid for it. no payment, no consent. it takes a special kind of asshole to try to rip off a prostitute. and yeah, she needs to start asking for the money upfront.
    Kittylady and Brah like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I disagree. No payment up front was on her, and not checking that he actually paid was on her. He should be charged with theft of service, but the sex was consensual.

JKM - that guy is an asshole!
    A*O likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

This doesn't fit my idea and understanding of rape. Weird read.

I'm sorry JKM. That's gotta mess with your head.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Thread Information