• 5 Post By MohandasKGanja
  • 1 Post By Brookie
  • 1 Post By qwerty
  • 5 Post By sputnik
  • 1 Post By Tati
  • 2 Post By MohandasKGanja
  • 2 Post By twitchy2.0
  • 1 Post By nwgirl

Thread: Woman sues Canadian Police after being thrown in police van with sex offender & raped

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Default Woman sues Canadian Police after being thrown in police van with sex offender & raped

Woman sues Canadian cops after being 'put in the back of a police van with an unhandcuffed sex offender who raped her'

• A Canadian woman is suing a local police station for $400,000 after an officer handcuffed her and put her in the back of a police vehicle with an unhandcuffed sex offender who raped her
    • The woman was 17 at the time of the September 2011 assault and now suffers from post-traumatic stress disorder
    • The officer was suspended and later resigned but an investigation into the incident by the police force cleared her of any wrongdoing

A Canadian woman is suing a police force for $400,000 after an officer handcuffed her and put her in the back of a police vehicle with an unhandcuffed sex offender who raped her.
    The unnamed victim was 17 at the time of the September 2011 assault, according to The Independent, and said in the lawsuit that the incident left her with post-traumatic stress disorder.
    The woman, now 21, was held by Danielle Gallant, a former constable of the Kativik Regional Police Force, on suspicion of being drunk and disorderly, the New York Daily News reports.

The rookie officer, who had been with the force for less than a month, handcuffed the woman, placed her in the back of a van with 24-year-old Joe Kitrik, and left.
    Kritik, who was picked up earlier that night, was listed on Canada's sex offender registry and had already been convicted of four sexual assaults, CBC reports.
    He was not handcuffed.
    The lawsuit states that when Gallant returned to the vehicle Kritik had his 'pants down while on top of the plaintiff,' according to the Independent.
    'The plaintiff was unable to defend herself, being handcuffed in her back and unable to leave the vehicle, the doors being locked,' the lawsuit claims.

Gallant pulled Kritik off of the woman and took the two to the police station in Tasiujaq, a village in Quebec.
    The Independent reports that the woman was kept in a holding cell overnight, and was not given medical attention. Her parents were not contacted.
    Kritik pleaded guilty to the sexual assault and was sentenced to 39 months in prison, CBC reports, Gallant was suspended and later resigned.
    An investigation by the force cleared Gallant of any wrongdoing.

The lawsuit against Gallant, the Force and the Kativik Regional Government seeking $400,000 (509,180 CAD) in damages states that the force exhibited a 'serious lack of professionalism.'
    It claims the force exhibited gross negligence 'by leaving an inexperienced police officer, with no knowledge or life experience of northern Quebec populations, and without the authorization to carry a firearm, to ensure alone the security of the public.'

That was more than three years ago, but the suit claims that the incident has taken a toll on the woman, the Independent reports.
    A psychologist's report states that the woman suffers from post-traumatic stress disorder and has nightmares about the assault.
    She is afraid of men and will not leave her home by herself.

Read more: Canadian woman sues police force after being raped while in custody | Daily Mail Online

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Elite Member

Damn!

How does a guy who was previously convicted of four sexual assaults, and who then gets caught red handed committing a fifth, get only 39 months in prison???

How do you leave someone like that alone with a handcuffed teenage girl?
    Kittylady likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Poor girl.
    Kittylady likes this.
    Why do people say, "Grow some balls?" Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really want to get tough, grow a vagina. Those things take a pounding! ~ Betty White

i see canada's no better than the US when it comes to not punishing crimes committed by the police.
    even if it was a "mistake" to leave her in the car with a rapist, what's the logic for cuffing the girl who's still a minor, and not the sex offender? and once the cop saw what happened, the fact that she took the girl to prison and not to the fucking hospital tells you everything you need to know. i hope the canadian police loses this case.
    Kittylady, Brah, yanna and 2 others like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

^ I hope so too. This is ridiculous, shameful, and utterly unacceptable.
    Kittylady likes this.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i see canada's no better than the US when it comes to not punishing crimes committed by the police.
    even if it was a "mistake" to leave her in the car with a rapist, what's the logic for cuffing the girl who's still a minor, and not the sex offender? and once the cop saw what happened, the fact that she took the girl to prison and not to the fucking hospital tells you everything you need to know. i hope the canadian police loses this case.

Tells you a lot about how (some) men view women...even if he is a cop.

Quote Originally Posted by whitetigeress View Post
    Tells you a lot about how (some) men view women...even if he is a cop.
    I think it was a female cop, though.
    Kathie_Moffett and Kittylady like this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

It was a female cop - a rookie out on her own after 4 weeks. That's no excuse though as basic common sense would have any normal person thinking it's a bad idea to put a woman - any woman of any age, cuffed or uncuffed - in a police van with a known sex offender. And that was just the start of the gross mishandling of the whole situation. I hope that a Court finds in her favour and elects to award much, much more than she is asking for as this is an unforgivable neglect of duty of care on all fronts.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

It's the far north. Communities are unbelievably isolated, living conditions are poor (understatement) and getting adequate services is near impossible. People are paid outrageous sums to go up there to work but most people don't want to. What these desperate communities are often left with are people who couldn't get jobs elsewhere. So, not only is this cop inexperienced, I'd wager she barely scraped through training or has a personality that would make her pretty much unemployable. I could be wrong, but I've seen it with people in the healthcare field. I knew a nurse who was fired from every job she ever had who got a job in one of the communities that are inaccessible by road. They'd fly her back and forth so she could spend her days off in civilization. The bitch actually left a patient -alone - in the locked nursing station, without food or water or pain meds or any type of care because her replacement hadn't arrived and she was damned if she was going to miss her plane out to take care of some sickie. She kept her job.
    sputnik and Kittylady like this.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

I hope this girl wins. It should be more than 400k.

But I'm more astounded by what a predator the rapist is. I mean, he's just been arrested, is in police custody in a fucking police vehicle, and rapes the girl? I just keep imagining a tiger pouncing on a piece of meat thrown in its cage. If he did that while in fucking custody, what did he do when he was roaming around free? Put that fucker down like a rabid dog.
    Kittylady likes this.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Thread Information