Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree151Likes

Thread: At least 12 dead after shooting at Paris magazine

Default At least 12 dead after shooting at Paris magazine

Masked gunmen shot and killed 11 people and wounded at least 10 in a Paris shooting at the offices of Charlie Hebdo.

At least 12 people were killed in a shooting Wednesday at a French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo, which has published cartoons of the Muslim Prophet Muhammad, police told reporters.

Local news media reported that two police officers were among those killed. Currently, the number of injured people is thought to be around 10, of which five are critically wounded, according to Reuters.

France's terror alert was raised to the highest level after the shooting, President Francois Hollande told local media. He confirmed that several terrorist attacks had been foiled by security sources over recent weeks.

Hollande later tweeted: "No barbaric act will ever shoot down press freedom. We are a united country that can react and unite."

According to Le Figaro newspaper, two gunmen escaped the scene by hijacking a car. Their current whereabouts cannot be confirmed.

An as-yet-verified Tweet showed what appeared to be a Paris police car riddled with bullets.

"Two black-hooded men entered the building with Kalashnikovs (guns)," journalist Benoit Bringer French told French news channel iTELE, according to Reuters. "A few minutes later we heard lots of shots," he said, adding that the men were then seen fleeing the building.

A picture from the as-yet-unverified account of Le Monde journalist Elise Barthet apparently shows the shooters firing on a police car.

Charlie Hebdo published cartoons of the Muslim prophet Muhammad in 2012, forcing France to temporarily close its embassies and schools in more than 20 countries amid fears of reprisals.

Its offices were also firebombed in November 2011 after publishing a caricature of Muhammad on its cover.

The magazine's last tweet before the shooting showed a cartoon ofAbu Bakr al-Baghdadi, leader of terrorist organization ISIS.

- NBC News contributed to this report http://www.cnbc.com/id/102316759
    ><((((º>·. ¸¸. ·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>><((((º>`·.¸¸.··´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

That is awful. My sympathies to the families and friends of everyone affected.

Ironically, Andre Serrano is alive and well....

Cabu is dead. He was one of the most important French cartoonists of our times. Very funny guy and so sweet. Those cowards!
    effie2, Jazzy, sputnik and 1 others like this.
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

I heard he Tweeted something about ISIS a few hours before this happened. However, I read that some people think that the attack was in response to something that Charlie Hebdo printed within the last week.

I ve watched a video of them shooting dead a police man just before they got inside the car.I am thankful that video is no longer on,at least not like i saw it.I am very upset by this.Not only because it happened at my favorite city but because of the lives lost and the families mourning..damn.
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Damn, what a shit start to the new year.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Everyone is upset by this horrific act. I hope they get caught & roasted quickly.
    Jazzy likes this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    I ve watched a video of them shooting dead a police man just before they got inside the car.I am thankful that video is no longer on,at least not like i saw it.I am very upset by this.Not only because it happened at my favorite city but because of the lives lost and the families mourning..damn.
    I just saw the video on Liveleak. They shot the guy and while he was on the ground, completely defenseless and pleading for his life, they executed him. They were carrying what looked like AK-style rifles. Looking at France's restrictive gun laws (compared to the United States), you are definitely looking at a terrorist group with access to advanced weaponry and high-velocity ammunition. I think it will take a long time to catch these guys, if they catch them at all.
    effie2 likes this.

I ve talked to my people in Paris,my nephew lives quite close,he says Parisians are terribly shocked,though for the last two months there was word on the street of an attack coming.He said he never saw fewer people at the metro stations,even the coffee shops are half empty..My darling City of Lights is darker today and my heart hurts. Also,most people think the terrorists got on the Eurostar and they are in London already...

I'm just back home from the Place de la Republique, my god I can't believe it, I really can't

That video is just awful. Out of respect for that man's family, it really should stop being spread across the net.
    I saw it not knowing what i would see, and that's awful, just awful.
    effie2 and Kathie_Moffett like this.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

I ve seen the pictures..so very very sad..Je suis Charlie also!

"je ne suis pas d'accord avec ce que vous dites, mais je me battrai jusqu'à la mort pour que vous ayez le droit de le dire" - Voltaire
    effie2 and Kathie_Moffett like this.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

Vive la France! Vive la démocratie!
    effie2, Jazzy and Kathie_Moffett like this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Ah,the famous Voltaire saying...i might not agree with you but ill defend to death your right to express your opinion...it made me love France even more..so i ll repeat
    Vive la France,vive la republique!
    And in greek.Ζητω η δημοκρατια!
    Brookie, Tiny Pixie, Jazzy and 3 others like this.

I'm so sorry guys. We Americans know how hard something like this is, and it must be a double shock for those of you who don't have much in the way of gun violence.
    Brookie, effie2, Jazzy and 2 others like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information