Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: 4CHAN user supposedly posts murder photos online before body's discovery

Default 4CHAN user supposedly posts murder photos online before body's discovery

This is just unreal. The guy posted the photos and when 4CHAN people didn't believe him, he told them to watch for it to come up in the news:

A man wanted in the killing of a Washington woman — and who may have posted photos online of her body with details of the crime — is believed to have led police in Portland, Oregon, on a high-speed chase Wednesday but was not caught, police said.
    A driver thought to be murder suspect David Kalac, 33, was pulled over during a traffic stop just after 1 a.m. and then suddenly roared off in the victim's 2001 gold Ford Focus. Police pursued him across a bridge and down a major road before calling off the chase after the driver began swerving into oncoming traffic, police said. "Kalac is believed to be armed and dangerous," police said in a statement.
    The slain woman was found in an apartment in Port Orchard, a city located across Puget Sound from Seattle. Kitsap County Sheriff's Office Deputy Scott Wilson told NBC News station King 5 that police were investigating images of a naked woman with red marks around her neck that were shared anonymously on the online forum 4chan.
    The photos were accompanied by the message: "Turns out it’s way harder to strangle someone to death than it looks on the movies." When other users questioned the authenticity of the pictures, which have now been deleted, a reply said: "Check the news for Port Orchard, Washington, in a few hours. Her son will be home from school soon. He'll find her, then call the cops. I just wanted to share the pics before they find me."
    The woman, who was aged in her 30s, was found by a family member. "We do not believe this is a random assault," Wilson said. "We believe this person was targeted by a yet-to-be determined other person."
    Wilson added: “Any time we have images of this graphic nature that are posted on social media, and purport to be this crime scene, we are going to take those seriously. But we are unable to confirm whether those photographs are of this victim right now.”
    The Port Orchard Independent was among several local newspapers to quote Wilson as saying the images appeared to have been posted before officers were called at 3:32 p.m local time (6:32 p.m. ET) on Tuesday.

A woman who lived next door to the victim said she was so unnerved by the violence she wants to move.
    "I can't help but think, did she cry out for help? Did she bang on the wall?" Marlene Fecto said. "It's all I can think of — was my TV up too loud? Why didn't I hear her?"
    Last edited by twitchy2.0; November 5th, 2014 at 05:30 PM.

Fuck!!! Port Orchard is 20 minutes away from me. Jesus. I'm off to Google who the woman was.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Dude. Sick people!

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

They know who he is, he's off in Oregon somewhere now.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Just out of curiosity I looked them up on Facebook since we're geographically so close. What was slightly disturbing though was between the first time I looked up the ex of the victim and the second time I tried, there was a new page with his name up. I re-searched for the other two names associated and same thing. What? Do creepy people just sit and wait for some horrible tragedy and then do shit like that?

That poor son. I hope they get him some help. Coming home and finding his mom. I can't imagine.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Awesome, he was last spotted in my old neighborhood... Hopefully he didn't decide to hide in the 'burbs. Eeeck!

This pretty much confirms what people think about many 4CHAN users. By the way, here is more on the story:

The suspect, identified as David Michael Kalac, 33, who faces a charge of second-degree murder involving domestic violence, was spotted early Wednesday in Portland, Oregon, but eluded capture, police said. He was still on the loose and is considered "armed and dangerous."
    Kalac is accused of killing his 30-year-old live-in girlfriend, Amber Lynn Coplin, late Monday or Tuesday. Photos purporting to show the slain woman's body were then posted to the online forum 4chan — before the first 911 call was made — and a person claiming to be the killer described how he strangled the woman and wrote that it was more difficult than he'd expected.
    PORTLAND POLICE BUREAU
    David Michael Kalac is considered armed and dangerous, police said.Coplin's body — surrounded by messages that appeared to be from her killer — was found Tuesday afternoon in the apartment she shared with Kalac in Port Orchard, across Puget Sound from Seattle, the Kitsap County Sheriff's Office said in an affidavit of probable cause filed Wednesday morning.
    The filing didn't report a cause of death, but it said Coplin's body showed obvious signs of "homicidal trauma" in a scene that matched the graphic images shared anonymously on 4chan. The website is the same forum where hundreds of nude photos of celebrities were posted in August.

Coplin's driver's license was beside her head, with the word "dead" scrawled on it, according to investigators. The statement "she killed me first" was written on the bedroom wall, and "bad news" was written on the window blinds, they said.

A driver thought to be murder suspect David Kalac, 33, was pulled over during a traffic stop just after 1 a.m. and then suddenly roared off in the victim's 2001 gold Ford Focus.
    NOBODY, and I reiterate, NOBODY roars off in a fucking Ford Focus. I've had one. Crept off slowly, perhaps. Gained speed eventually, yes. Roar? No.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Also, Barbur Blvd at 1am is fairly deserted, I know, I used to drive that road ALL the time. What oncoming traffic?? Why did they call off the chase?

Shift change?

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Ok what exactly is 4chan? I was on it once to check out the celebrity nude pics, but I didn't get the whole point of it.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Wow, that is just surreal. Not that it's any less horrific, but I hope the son was an adult and not a child coming home from grade school. Judging from the article and it saying the victim was in her 30s, it's probably really likely it was just a kid. What a sick fuck.

And that poor neighbor worrying about if her TV was too loud and she just couldn't hear the victim crying out for help or banging on the wall .... that would be me. I'd never be able to get those thoughts out of my head.

Ok, WTF, this guy was caught 1/2 mile from where I live. Creepy. My husband was all freaked out that we were out bike riding earlier.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    Ok what exactly is 4chan? I was on it once to check out the celebrity nude pics, but I didn't get the whole point of it.
    It's just an imageboard. It's pretty much like a forum (like this one) but you don't have to login to post anything, so all the posters are listed as 'Anonymous'. You can post a message and upload an optional image to go with your post (which appear at the left of your post where our avatar section is). The sites were originally set up to share images (not illegal ones) and that's why they are so 'simple' compared to forums.

Due to the anonymous nature of posting (or the perceived anonymity), if someone wants to post something illegal or confess to a crime, they'd be far more likely to post it there, than say, on another site where they have more identifying info linked to a logged in account.

So the TLDR is that 4chan is an imageboard, which is a more primitive version of a forum.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/...-photos-987451

Quote Originally Posted by nwgirl View Post
    Do creepy people just sit and wait for some horrible tragedy and then do shit like that?
    Yeah. These are the same kind of idiots who wait for a tragedy (like a school shooting) and hurriedly make "It's all a conspiracy!" or "FALSE FLAG" videos about it within the hour of its occurence.

EDIT: Just accidentally tripped over the uncensored screenshots on LiveLeak. Ofc I wont post them here, but just be careful if you're reading about this case, you might trip over them too :/

what a fucking piece of shit.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information