Thread: Video of 22 Year Old Woman Kidnapped off the Street in Philadelphia

Default Video of 22 Year Old Woman Kidnapped off the Street in Philadelphia

I just heard about this a little bit ago. Carlesha Freeland-Gaither, 22, is shown being kidnapped right off the street in Philadelphia. Scary! I hope they find her alive and well.

WATCH: Harrowing Video Shows Carlesha Freeland-Gaither Being Abducted in Philadelphia - ABC News

WATCH: Chilling Video Shows Woman's Abduction in Philadelphia

Nov 3, 2014, 5:01 PM ET
    ABC News via GOOD MORNING AMERICA

Mother of PA Abduction Victim's Tearful Plea: 'Just Give Her Back'
    NEXT VIDEOYoung Pennsylvanian Woman's Abduction Caught On Tape

A chilling video was released by authorities Monday showing a woman's abduction in Philadelphia.
    The missing woman -- identified by police as 22-year-old Carlesha Freeland-Gaither -- was abducted at 9:40 p.m. on Sunday in Germantown, Philadelphia's 6ABC reported.
    The three-minute video shows someone park a gray or silver car. That's when a man is seen getting out of the car, briefly going out of camera view.
    Moments later, he can be seen on the surveillance video approaching Freeland-Gaither, then dragging her down the street.
    Although there was no audio with the video, police said the woman was yelling for help, 6ABC reported.
    She is seen struggling with the man before the car speeds away. Police said the passenger side rear windows were busted open during the struggle.
    Freeland-Gaither's glasses and cellphone were found lying on the street where the incident took place, the station reported.
    Police are still looking for the abductor.
    To submit a tip to Philadelphia Police, call (215) 686-TIPS or text "PPD TIP" or 773847. All tips will remain confidential.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Saw this shit, man. Her dad is worried sick. I hope they find her.

It was all over HLN TV last night. They said that her ATM card was used several hours (or more) later in Aberdeen, Maryland.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    It was all over HLN TV last night. They said that her ATM card was used several hours (or more) later in Aberdeen, Maryland.
    Was just reading that too. And they have some pretty good video of the guy who used the card, and based on the way he walks and his build, it looks to me to be the same guy who abducted her.

I don't understand the car that pulls up in the street, and sits for a few seconds, then backs up the same way they came. It's apparent that they see something. You can see the car rocking. I wonder if they're the ones who called the police? But why didn't they follow the car she was forced into? Or maybe they did and it just doesn't show it on the video. It all seems so strange. And seriously scary. Especially if this is a stranger abduction. I hope she continued to fight.

Quote Originally Posted by nwgirl View Post
    Was just reading that too. And they have some pretty good video of the guy who used the card, and based on the way he walks and his build, it looks to me to be the same guy who abducted her.

I don't understand the car that pulls up in the street, and sits for a few seconds, then backs up the same way they came. It's apparent that they see something. You can see the car rocking. I wonder if they're the ones who called the police? But why didn't they follow the car she was forced into? Or maybe they did and it just doesn't show it on the video. It all seems so strange. And seriously scary. Especially if this is a stranger abduction. I hope she continued to fight.
    I'm not sure it was random either. Another news story quoted family members as saying that she had a boyfriend in Maryland who was obsessed and she broke it off with. But who had tracked her down to Philadelphia.

It looks like they found her. In Jessup, Maryland. Random place and if I remember correctly, home to a couple of prisons.

Thank God! A good end.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    It looks like they found her. In Jessup, Maryland. Random place and if I remember correctly, home to a couple of prisons.
    Mrs. Mohandas and I were just discussing it. It's like 5 miles or less from here and we have driven through that area MANY times. There are two prisons out in that area. It sounds like the guy they caught may not have been an old boyfriend, but he is a very bad guy. They said he was already facing some serious federal charges BEFORE he abducted this woman.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Mrs. Mohandas and I were just discussing it. It's like 5 miles or less from here and we have driven through that area MANY times. There are two prisons out in that area. It sounds like the guy they caught may not have been an old boyfriend, but he is a very bad guy. They said he was already facing some serious federal charges BEFORE he abducted this woman.
    I remember we used to pass through there on the way to Columbia Mall and Ellicott City. Would that be right, coming from AA county?

Anyway, glad they found her. Poor girl. Must have been scary.

I don't know if you guys have been seeing the followup stories on this guy, but it sounds like he was a very, VERY bad guy. When he kidnapped the woman in Philly, he was already being sought on charges of kidnapping, rape, and malicious wounding in Virginia. In that case, they are saying he abducted a 16-year-old, sexually assaulted her, showed her photos of other victims he abducted, and doused her with gasoline and lit it. When he left the room, she ran naked to safety. She was treated for 3rd-degree burns.

Part of that story:
    Since the arrest, more details have emerged about Barnes' extensive criminal history.
    When FBI officers, U.S. Marshals and ATF agents took Barnes into custody Wednesday, they originally held him on an outstanding warrant from Charles City County, Virginia.
    Charges in that case stemmed from an incident on Oct. 1 when a 16-year-old girl was reported missing from Richmond, Va., and was found a day and a half later.

The teenager, whose name has not been released because of her age and the nature of the crime, was reportedly in Barnes' hometown of Charles City County when she was kidnapped. Capt. Jason Crawley of the Charles City-County Sheriff's office told ABC News that the victim in that case did not know Barnes at the time of her abduction.

Police did not release details about the girl's kidnapping, but Crawley told ABC News that during her ordeal the teenager was shown photos Barnes claimed were pictures of other girls he allegedly claimed to have grabbed off the street. At this time, he has not been charged with attacking other women, but Crawley said he hopes that any other possible victims will come forward after seeing that he has been apprehended.
    The charges against Barnes stemming from the October attack include attempted capital murder, abduction, forcible rape and malicious wounding using a chemical agent.
    Police in Charles City County were able to connect the October case to the snatching of Freeland-Gaither when Philadelphia police released information about the suspect, noting he was driving a Ford Taurus and that the vehicle had a sticker in the bottom center of the windshield, which is where Virginia state inspection stickers are normally placed.

Jesus, what a fucking psycho.

So it was a stranger abduction? Scary shit. Crazy people out there!

Thread Information