Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Rolf Harris Found Guilty Of Sexual Assault On Minors

A*O

Default Rolf Harris Found Guilty Of Sexual Assault On Minors

This guy may be unknown in the US but in the UK and Oz he's an icon. He's an entertainer and talented artist. He has an Order Of Australia and is a Companion Of The British Empire. He's even painted a portrait of the queen (see YouTube) and was the Master of ceremonies at her Jubilee celebrations.

His art fetches huge amounts of money - or used to. What a fall from grace. Now the judge has to decide on a sentence for an 84yr old celebrity.

This link is safe, it's too big to post in full.

Rolf Harris found guilty of 12 counts of indecent assault against four girls by London jury - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Dirty old bastard. I used to love Rolf.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

I grew up on Rolf Harris songs. Such a disapointment when someone in his position turns out to be just another skeazy bastard. Another childhood memory disintergrated to shit.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Took my kids to one of his concerts in Brisbane once...He spent the entire 2nd half of his concert singing. Tie me kangarooo down in a hundred different languages...Hopefully prison gives him time to improve his performances. Arsewipe.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

This is the only one that has shocked me. Saville, Hall, Glitter, any of the others I could believe as I always had an instinctive dislike of them but Rolf...? Shit, I used to FLOVE watching Rolf's Cartoon Club. I hope the miserable fucker gets all that's coming to him in this life and the next.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Too soon?
    Novice, arie_skop, Belt Up and 1 others like this.
    It's like you ate too much crazy then puked it all over a post and hit submit - Nancydrew

A*O

Sentenced to 5 years 9 months in jail so if he serves all of that (which he won't) he'll be 92 when he's released. The judge had to follow sentencing guidelines in place at the time of the offences. lesson: if you want him to serve longer don't wait 40 years to file a complaint.

Either way, his life is over. He's been stripped of all his awards and honours, his artwork is now worthless, he'll find it very difficult even to go out in public, let alone entertain again. He'll probably have to spend his jail time in isolation as sex offenders aren't very popular there. He's old, disgraced and has NOTHING to look forward to inside or out. I wouldn't be surprised if he topped himself.
    Dame Edna Everage

There is talk of appealing the "light" sentence, however due to his age the reporter/QC/whatever doubted that it would be increased. I don't think that it falls within the guidelines. Judge ripped him a new one in court. First of many I guess....

more accusers coming forward & he still says he's done nothing wrong.
    Always hated this twat. Hope he takes his wobble board with him...

Gives "two little boys" a whole new meaning... *do you think I would leave you crying hen there is room on my horse for two....*
    Free Charmed.

A*O

The creep preferred little girls.
    Dame Edna Everage

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post

Gives "two little boys" a whole new meaning... *do you think I would leave you crying hen there is room on my horse for two....*
    Nooooo don't ruin this song for me! It's the only thing in the world that can make me weep on cue... That last verse has me tearing up as I type.

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    Nooooo don't ruin this song for me! It's the only thing in the world that can make me weep on cue... That last verse has me tearing up as I type.
    Take a little heart from the fact that the song predates Rolf by some way. It was written in 1902.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

Yuck, sickening. I also wonder how many more UK "national treasures" from the 70s / 80s have got away with it.

A*O

Well super-agent Max Clifford and TV host Stuart Hall are both in the slammer for similar offences. Many others have been accused and either not charged or acquitted in the aftermath of the Jimmy Savile debacle. I'm sure a lot of celebs and public figures did "get away with it" as what society considers sexual assault and molestation these days would have been shrugged off as a bit of a grope 40 years ago.
    Dame Edna Everage

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    Take a little heart from the fact that the song predates Rolf by some way. It was written in 1902.
    I think it was just the way Rolf delivered that line "did you think I would leave you dyyyyyying" - I've heard it sung by many a drunken footy team having an Anzac Day singalong and it's not nearly so poignant (even though I've seen it make grown men cry).

The repercussions of Savile, Harris, Clifford et al are becoming more and more apparent now. Over here we have a stink building about a dossier of MPs and government officials who were alleged to be involved in pedophilia related activities. That dossier was apparently passed on to 'relevant parties' and has since disappeared without a trace and never spoken of again until now. This isn't really a surprise at is is very obvious that many famous faces who have been named/convicted must have had high ranking protection, particularly Savile with his wildly inappropriate and extremely irregular access and influence at institutions like Broadmoor High Security Hospital. What really, really pisses me off about all of this are the people who weren't involved in these despicable crimes keeping their mouths shut in case any of their own dirt was leaked. You know what? If someone had come out and admitted to something like snorting coke off a hookers tits and made it clear that they were admitting it and torpedoing their career rather than see child abusers continue unhindered then they'd get my support and probably my vote too, assuming they had made a decent job of things before that. But no, they all put their pockets, perks and PR before innocent children so fuck 'em all. They are guilty too.
    Janus, A*O, faithanne and 1 others like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information