Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Two Indian sisters (aged 14 and 15) gang-raped, killed and hanged from a tree

Default Two Indian sisters (aged 14 and 15) gang-raped, killed and hanged from a tree

Authorities in northern India have arrested three men, including two police officers, suspected of gang-raping and killing two teenage sisters before hanging their bodies from a mango tree.
    The deaths have sparked renewed public outrage over sexual violence in the country.
    Villagers found the girls' bodies on Wednesday morning, hours after they disappeared from fields near their home in Katra village in Uttar Pradesh state, police superintendent Atul Saxena said. The girls, who were 14 and 15, had gone into the fields because there was no toilet in their home.
    Hundreds of villagers spent the rest of the day in silent protest over alleged police inaction in the case. Indian TV channels showed video of the villagers sitting under the girls' bodies as they swung in the wind, preventing authorities from taking them down until the suspects were arrested.
    Police arrested the three men later in the day and were searching for four more suspects.
    Autopsies confirmed the girls had been gang-raped and strangled before being hanged, Saxena said.
    Villagers accused the local police station chief of ignoring a complaint by the girls' father on Tuesday night that the girls were missing. The station chief has since been suspended.
    The family belongs to the Dalit community, also called "untouchables" and considered the lowest rung in India's caste system.
    India tightened its anti-rape laws last year, making gang-rape punishable with the death penalty. The new laws came after nationwide protests over the fatal gang-rape of a 23-year-old woman on a moving bus in New Delhi in December 2012.
    Records show a rape is committed every 22 minutes in India, a country of 1.2 billion people. Activists say the figure is an underestimate because an entrenched culture of tolerance towards sexual violence means many cases go unreported. Victims' families and the police often often encouraged them to keep quiet, experts say, and those who do report cases are often subjected to ridicule or social stigma.
    Last month, the head of Uttar Pradesh's governing party told an election rally that the party was opposed to the law calling for gang rapists to be executed. "Boys will be boys," Mulayam Singh Yadav said. "They make mistakes."

Two Indian sisters 'gang-raped', killed and hanged from a tree | World news | theguardian.com

I just can't with that fucking country. I feel so sorry for the women there.

This is vile.
    stef, McJag and BelledeJour like this.

^^ what sarzy said. plus:

Last month, the head of Uttar Pradesh's governing party told an election rally that the party was opposed to the law calling for gang rapists to be executed. "Boys will be boys," Mulayam Singh Yadav said. "They make mistakes."
    unbelievable.
    McJag, deenz and garysgirl1999 like this.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    ^^ what sarzy said. plus:

unbelievable.
    someone needs to hang this fuckstick from a tree. assholes will be assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by rockchick View Post
    someone needs to hang this fuckstick from a tree. assholes will be assholes.
    Sounds like more than one fuckstick was involved. I hope that India catches, convicts, and uses its capital punishment statutes against everyone who participated.

I'd like for the penalty to be ball chopping sans anesthesia.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Shinola View Post
    I'd like for the penalty to be ball chopping sans anesthesia.
    You could give them "The Skin I Live In" punishment - a sex change. And then force them to live among the people they used to be.

This makes me so sad for these girls and so angry that people can do this.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    This makes me so sad for these girls and so angry that people can do this.
    I've worked with old-world Indian guys who literally would address their wife as "Woman", and not by their actual name. Or if their wife said something, the guy would turn to them as if some kid had spoken out of turn in class. It had really made me wonder what is going on in Indian culture and attitudes toward women. But then I've had the experience of seeing my Indian SIL's dad raise three girls - two physicians and one engineer. And he has been one of the most plugged-in, supportive fathers ever - and travels from half a world away to visit them and his grandkids. However, none of his daughters married an Indian man.

Mother of India rape victim beaten for refusing to withdraw complaint - News - MSN CA

Came across this e-article this morning

However, none of his daughters married an Indian man.
    ^^
    There's a HUGE Indian presence in my city if not the entire lower mainland. I've seen tons of young Indian people dating many different other nationalities. However, I have yet to see an Indian woman married to another and I know of only two Indian men married a Caucasian woman. Maybe the younger generation who are dating others will change that? Then again, maybe not. The influence is strong, even here.
    My teen son's first crush was an Indian girl whom I absolutely adore. They had to stop hanging out after school because of not only her parents but also her family were against it. I told my son we just have to respect their wishes as long as the girl is happy. But I swear, if I ever see that girl harmed in any way, there will be a battle! *grunts* The thing is, it doesn't matter the color of the skin. I would be this way with any child or person whom is harmed in any way. It's not about religion, it's about respecting freedom of will but that's the difference between us and the men in countries like India. There is no respect.
    And they take it so far with such horrible violence and death. My heart is heavy for the women.

This is heart breaking and I don't mean to make light of it, but who else though of Keneesha and King Cap?

I took a course on India this spring. I learned so much that we had never learned in school. We were taught about the holocaust but not one word was ever mentioned about partititon and the terrible genocide that took place there. They are the largest "democracy" in the world yet their elections field people over and over who show little concern for human rights, much less protection for women.
    Last edited by sluce; May 30th, 2014 at 07:08 PM.
    cherrypye likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by whitetigeress View Post
    My teen son's first crush was an Indian girl whom I absolutely adore. They had to stop hanging out after school because of not only her parents but also her family were against it. I told my son we just have to respect their wishes as long as the girl is happy.
    About 9 or 10 years ago, we had a junior engineer here who was Indian. Gorgeous and really sweet personality. I think she was early 20's, and her parents owned some small business. Anyway, she started dating and fell in love with a muslim guy, so her family sold their business and moved from here to Rhode Island. Yes, because of the boyfriend....

A*O

Indian society is still dominated by the caste system. The higher caste minority middle class tends to be educated and more sophisticated than the vast majority low caste/peasant population who have little or no education and who still live by these shocking attitudes towards women. These poor girls are probably better off dead because as "damaged goods" they could never marry and would remain a "burden" to their ashamed and dishonoured family. India is still operating in the Middle Ages at many levels and I doubt it will ever change.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

A couple of months ago, I had a new business prospect come in. He was an Indian man in his early fifties. When I went in to the conference room to meet him, he wouldn't shake my hand and asked if there was a man that could meet with. I kind of just looked at him and was at a loss for words. He told me he thought he set the appointment with a man based on my name. I really didn't know what to say. I explained I was the only one that that could help him. He reluctantly met with me, but it was massively awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by Froogy View Post
    A couple of months ago, I had a new business prospect come in. He was an Indian man in his early fifties. When I went in to the conference room to meet him, he wouldn't shake my hand and asked if there was a man that could meet with. I kind of just looked at him and was at a loss for words. He told me he thought he set the appointment with a man based on my name. I really didn't know what to say. I explained I was the only one that that could help him. He reluctantly met with me, but it was massively awkward.

Me: "Oh!? I'm sorry. Are we in India? *looks around* Nope, we aren't. Shake my hand damn it."
    Froogy, Kathie_Moffett and holly like this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information