Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Woman becomes first person to be jailed for trolling herself on Facebook

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Default Woman becomes first person to be jailed for trolling herself on Facebook

Woman becomes first person to be jailed for ‘trolling herself’

Behind bars: Michelle Chapman was jailed after a series of false claims (Picture: SWNS)A woman is thought to have become the first person in Britain to be jailed for trolling herself.
    Michelle Chapman was given 20 months in prison after setting up fake Facebook profiles supposedly of her father and his wife to send hundreds of abusive messages to herself, before complaining to police.
    The 24-year-old, of Robins Close, Par, in Cornwall, was described as ‘wicked’ by Judge Christopher Harvey Clark QC at Truro crown court.
    The court heard how her actions resulted in innocent people being arrested or receiving police cautions, as well as the breakdown of her father’s marriage.
    Chapman’s year-long campaign of abusive messages only came to an end when forensic internet inquiries revealed the Facebook profiles had been created at her own address, This Is Cornwall reported.
    Michelle Chapman: Woman becomes first person to be jailed for 'trolling herself' | Metro News

She's 24???????

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

British 24. If she was thin and put a spackle of make-up she would definitely look pretty. Jordan like pretty.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Oi! Don't make me smack you with a rolled up Union Jack!
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

That picture was pure scrolldown horror. I need a drink.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

^Me too. I literally gasped in horror, no joke!
    ex-LaFolie
    "I hear Chris Hemsworth's Oscar nominee announcements were dubbed by Marni Nixon" - Witchcurlgirl

Quote Originally Posted by lucianodel View Post
    British 24. If she was thin and put a spackle of make-up she would definitely look pretty. Jordan like pretty.
    I think it's funny you say that, I actually think as a general rule Americans look older than their age. Not like OLD, I just mean their average 18-year-old looks like an average 22 over here. But then it seems to average out after adolescence. Over here is Britain for me. Also I am a "British 25" (thanks) and I still get ID'd, so...
    Karistiona likes this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

I was just stereotyping. And I agree with Americans growing up faster, watched Jerry Springer Show as a kid and was always shocked when a 14 year old hooker like twice her age

Haha, to be fair our version, Jeremy Kyle, doesn't paint a youthful picture either!

fgg

yikes! are we sure she wasn't the first woman jailed for being a troll on facebook?
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

It's not so much being a troll as making false reports that ruined people's lives and wasting police time. If there was no internet, she'd be mailing hate letters to herself or stuffing dog shit through her own letterbox.

as an aside, damn she's greasy looking

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

I actually said out loud "Oh my gawd!". She looks scary.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    I think it's funny you say that, I actually think as a general rule Americans look older than their age. Not like OLD, I just mean their average 18-year-old looks like an average 22 over here. But then it seems to average out after adolescence. Over here is Britain for me. Also I am a "British 25" (thanks) and I still get ID'd, so...
    I am 34, and still get carded for alcohol and cigarettes. I have seen many signs ( in the U.S.) around that if someone appears to be under 30, they will get carded. So for you to get carded at 25, you're still in luck because you look younger than 30.

There isn't a rule, that Americans look older. Too many folks over here to generalize.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkbunnyslippers View Post
    I am 34, and still get carded for alcohol and cigarettes. I have seen many signs ( in the U.S.) around that if someone appears to be under 30, they will get carded. So for you to get carded at 25, you're still in luck because you look younger than 30.

There isn't a rule, that Americans look older. Too many folks over here to generalize.
    i bet both of y'all are just rural, right?
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

We get carded if we look under 21 or 25 here. I am pretty rural at home, but not now.

The "rule" in Texas is if you "look/appear to be under 40", you're carded...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information