• 4 Post By Mel1973
  • 1 Post By rockchick
  • 5 Post By Shinola
  • 1 Post By McJag

Thread: Woman Dies After Cops Refuse to Give Her Insulin

Default Woman Dies After Cops Refuse to Give Her Insulin

Woman Dies After Cops Refuse to Give Her Insulin
    Erin Gloria Ryan on Jezebel Yesterday 6:45pm 19,420204

What does a person deserve for being caught possessing another person's credit cards and baggies containing trace amounts of marijuana? A fine? Probation? Jail time? Nah, not tough enough. How about death?
    A month and a half ago, a 37-year-old woman named Sarah Tibbetts was arrested with her boyfriend in a Irving, TX. She'd been in trouble with the law before, according to Texas Monthly, and in the past had been given insulin in jail. She made it clear to police that without it, she'd die.
    You see where this is going: Texas, a poor person, medicine... of course the police, despite knowing that without her insulin, she'd die, didn't give Sarah Tibbetts her insulin. And, of course, she died. The family's awaiting autopsy results, and if they determine that diabetes-related causes killed Tibbetts, the Irvine police are headed straight toward Lawsuit City.

Texas Monthly's write up contained this brilliant (but sad) sentence summing up why we keep hearing stories like this:
    It's a common argument when cases like these come up: the notion that people who are accused of crimes deserve whatever happens next, up to and including death.
    Delighting in the misfortune and pain of the poor is as American as fucking an apple pie.

Woman Dies After Cops Refuse to Give Her Insulin
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

I think I've said before that this shit is just happening way too often. When my brother was in jail, I had to write/call everyone and anyone I could think of to get them to give him his fucking schizophrenia and bipolar meds! It's like they don't listen to/hear anything a "criminal" says ... you know, because if you've committed a crime, you're also a fucking liar and you deserve whatever happens...

Delighting in the misfortune and pain of the poor is as American as fucking an apple pie.
    LOVE THAT!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

If it's proven the lack of insulin killed her (duh) I hope her family sues everyone involved. Fucking pigs!
    MohandasKGanja likes this.

This is heartless. How hard was it to get her insulin? I hope heads roll,starting at the top.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

This happened a couple of years ago here. The kid was arrested for drugs, the officers refused to give him his seizure meds. Shortly after being in the jail he suffered from seizures and he was transferred to the sick bay. Well for some reason, he was left unattended in the bathtub and he suffered another seizure and drowned. His family did sue and ended up settling.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Why is it just a civil lawsuit at issue? Why isn't this negligent homicide or manslaughter on the part of every person responsible?
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

I agree,Shinola. Cold blooded murder.
    Shinola likes this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

there's more to this i think. How long was she in jail? How long did she go without her insulin? I don't think she just dropped dead from lack of insulin. I need more info.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Thread Information