• 2 Post By Honeythorn
  • 1 Post By Trixie

Thread: Kidnap victim rescued by family - abductor shot and killed

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Default Kidnap victim rescued by family - abductor shot and killed

BREAKING: Kidnapped woman found alive, en route to hospital

Posted: Nov 8, 2013 12:33 PM by Letitia Walker
    Updated: Nov 8, 2013 1:22 PM

Family members of Bethany Arceneaux say she is alive. We're told she was found inside a vacant Anderson Road home in Duson. Arceneaux has been taken to the hospital with unknown injuries.
    Family members also tell us they are the ones that found Arceneaux. Witnesses tell us gunfire was exchanged with the alleged kidnapper - Scott Thomas. We're told he's still in the house at this time; no word on if he is injured. We're waiting for official police comment.
    Lafayette Police began searching for Scott Thomas and Bethany Arceneaux after he allegedly kidnapped her Wednesday evening. It happened in front of their child's daycare, and witnesses tell us the child was left in the car after Thomas took off.
    Thomas' car was found abandoned on Anderson Road in Duson two hours after the kidnapping, which has been the focus of the search.
    Thomas and Arceneaux have a violent history well documented in police records. Not only did Arceneaux file several reports, documenting alleged abuse by her ex-boyfriend, Scott Thomas, she also filed a restraining order against him.

BREAKING: Kidnapped woman found alive, en route to hospital | KATC.com | Acadiana-Lafayette, Louisiana

Louisiana kidnap victim's cousin kicks down door, shoots and kills abductor

By Janet DiGiacomo, CNN
    November 10, 2013 -- Updated 1642 GMT (0042 HKT)

STORY HIGHLIGHTS

• Cousin said kidnapper began stabbing victim, so he fired several shots
    • About 20 relatives had joined police search in rural area near kidnapper's abandoned car
    • Sheriff's department concluded shooting was justified to save victim
    • Kidnapper had previously violated restraining order protecting victim

(CNN) -- A man looking for his abducted cousin kicked in the back door of an abandoned house and shot and killed her kidnapper, authorities in Louisiana said.
    The shooting Friday has been ruled justified by the Lafayette Parish Sheriff's Department.
    The cousin, whose name was withheld by the sheriff's department, said he heard screams from the house, said Sheriff's Capt. Kip Judice.
    The cousin said he saw a man start stabbing 29-year-old Bethany Arceneaux when he broke through the door. The cousin fired several shots with a handgun, but he told police he wasn't sure if he hit the kidnapper in the dark house, Judice said.
    Inside, officers found the body of Scott Thomas, who had a child with Arceneaux and had previously violated a restraining order protecting her, Judice said.
    Arceneaux was hospitalized with wounds but is expected to recover, the sheriff's captain said.
    Arceneaux disappeared Wednesday night. Thomas' car was found that night abandoned behind a cane field about a mile from a road.
    Police and bloodhounds had searched the area without success on Thursday. On Friday morning, police were met by about 20 relatives who had organized their own search party, Judice said.
    Officers and relatives searched until about noon, when the cousin found the house.
    "The cousin was at the right spot when he heard the screams," Judice said.
    The sheriff's department concluded the cousin acted within a state law that allows deadly force to be used to prevent great bodily harm or death, Judice said. The case also will be reviewed by the district attorney, he said.

Louisiana kidnap victim's cousin kicks down door, shoots abductor - CNN.com
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Now that's how you get shit done. Pop a big ass cap in my kin folks kidnapper!! I'm glad they won't be charged with anything, she is a very lucky woman in that her family was close enough to hear her screaming.
    rockchick and Shinola like this.

Bloody hell. Restraining orders need to come with armed bodyguards!
    Who was the first person to say, "See that chicken there? I'm gonna eat the next thing that comes outta its bum"?

I just love a happy ending.
    sluce likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    Bloody hell. Restraining orders need to come with armed bodyguards!
    Or helpful cousins!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Thread Information