Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Police Rescue Mystery Blonde Child From Gypsy Couple

Default Police Rescue Mystery Blonde Child From Gypsy Couple

Pretty wild story. It makes me think about all the tales about child abduction and trafficking and whether it's real. And whether something like this could actually have happened to Madeleine McCann.

Police Rescue Mystery Blonde Child From Gypsy Couple

Police Rescue Mystery Blonde Child From Gypsy Couple

International authorities are trying to find the real parents of a blonde-haired, blue-eyed, four-year-old girl who police discovered hiding under a blanket during a drug raid on a Roma gypsy camp near central Greece.
    Greek police first took the child, who they are calling Maria, because she looked nothing like her Roma parents, a 40-year-old woman and a 39-year-old man. DNA tests have confirmed that she was not related to the couple she was living with.
    The couple gave at least five different accounts of how Maria came to live with them, including that they found her outside of a supermarket, that she was handed to them in a blanket, and that she had a foreign father.
    A lawyer for the couple told The Telegraph that "they took her out of charity, through an intermediary, while she was just days old from a foreign stranger who said she could not support her daughter."
    "We're talking about a woman who could not raise this child and who gave it to the couple in 2009 through a third party shortly after her birth," Marietta Palavra told reporters.
    Police believe the Roma couple may have been running a trafficking ring in addition to defrauding the state by registering 14 different children for about $3,800 per month in child benefits. Six of those children were registered as being born in a 10 month time period.
    The 40-year-old woman also had two different valid identification documents.
    The child is now being looked after by a charity called the Smile of Child.
    "She was frightened and cried herself to sleep. She is not looking for anyone and she is devoted to play," the head of the charity told Reuters. "It has shaken everyone and has helped bring to light a major problem - just how easy it is to traffic children."
    The discovery also brings the Roma issue — a subject of recent massive protests in Paris, where the government has proposed opening a Gypsy settlement — under the international spotlight.
    There are about 6 million Roma in Europe, making the stateless group "the largest and most disadvantaged minority in the region," according to Amnesty International. The Roma havebecome associated with drugs, cons, and health hazards, leading to discrimination cases across the European Union.
    The debate is loudest in France, where Metro security warns over a loudspeaker that pickpockets are around whenever they spot Gypsy groups on security cameras. Just this month, 26 Roma in France were convicted on multiple counts of forcing children to steal.
    “We have no papers, we can’t work, what else are we supposed to do?” a pregnant Roma woman told the New York Times. “We are Europeans, too."
    Last year, French deputy mayor Gilles Bourdouleix, sparked the debate anew when he allegedly muttered, “Maybe Hitler didn’t kill enough of them," as he walked through an encampment.
    In September, French Interior Minister Manuel Valls, called for the Roma to "return to Romania or Bulgaria" because he thought they didn’t integrate well in France. He ordered forcible evacuations and tear-downs of camps in several French cities, leading the EU to threaten sanctions.
    And just this month, a Roma child was pulled off a school bus and deported in front of her French classmates, sparking two days of massive protests led largely by teenagers.

they need to touch up her roots.

my mother emailed me this article with a hilarious note saying she and my dad could have been similarly arrested when i was born since they both have dark hair and my mom looks italian and here i was the blondest baby at the hospital. and before you ask, no, my mom didn't get it on with the milkman, there's just a lot of recessive blonde genes on both sides.
    KrisNine and JerriBlank like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Poor wee girl. I hope they find her real parents. Or at least the true story.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Words cannot describe how sick i am of this non story.That shit has been happening for years.Even i knew people dumbing unwanted kids to the gypsies.we used to torment my baby brother telling him that is how he came into the family and he wasnt really one of us.We soo enjoyed his wailing..lol
    IF i ll hear *blond Angel*one more time i ll smash the tv on my ex,s head!
    greysfang and olivia like this.
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Poor wee girl. I hope they find her real parents. Or at least the true story.
    I had to recheck because I thought it was Karis posting.
    Karistiona likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

That whole article is so sad. In Milan there were some very aggressive Roma Gypsies. Once I saw them swarm a man, they were a group of women and children, it was awful to have to stand there and see him violated, but if you step in they swarm you too! My father was pick-pocketed by one on the underground in Rome and actually knew who did it, he grabbed the guy and pushed him up against the inside wall of the car and basically frisked him. The guy just smirked at him, apparently he had already handed his wallet off to someone else. I saw that happen frequently in Paris while waiting for the Metro, someone would grab something off of a passenger just as the doors were closing and hand it to someone outside of the train. One trick is to walk up and toss their baby at you, while you are reaching to grab the falling child they pick pocket you. So many times we would see "abandoned" toddlers, I once told my boyfriend that I wanted to go pick one up and take them to the police office, but he warned me that if I did we would soon be swarmed.
    We have them here too, in NorCal area, especially in Union Square (SF), we once saw a group of 5 or so small children running around begging, crossing the street in by jaywalking Market (which is a busy street with all sorts of traffic), and following people around trying to put the make on them. We called the police as it was unsafe how they were darting across traffic, and as soon as the cops showed up, lo and behold, here comes a group of mothers to say, "oh we weren't far away". One of the little boys was about 6 or 7, he turned to his sister(?) who had bought some fast food and had it in her hand, he said something along the lines of "give me that you fucking bitch". It was all just so disturbing.
    Kittylady likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    they need to touch up her roots.

my mother emailed me this article with a hilarious note saying she and my dad could have been similarly arrested when i was born since they both have dark hair and my mom looks italian and here i was the blondest baby at the hospital. and before you ask, no, my mom didn't get it on with the milkman, there's just a lot of recessive blonde genes on both sides.
    We are talking some HELLA recessive genes here, LOL:

I was gonna say, some of my kids are very light compared to myself and my husband, but uhmm...^ yeah.

Elite Member

I made my kids read this article. I am forever telling them, that I will sell them to the gypsies. I was all "LOOK, people do sell their kids to the gypsies", they read it, and have been angels all day.
    Clubber Lang, deenz and rocky road like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MmeVertigina View Post
    I was gonna say, some of my kids are very light compared to myself and my husband, but uhmm...^ yeah.
    If I were the husband, I would be doing some SERIOUS research on whether Edgar or Johnny Winter had any tour stops in Greece 4 or 5 years ago.

Ahem..gypsies like those in the picture are all over Europe and they do look alike.Has nothing to do with Greeks.It is very rare for a Greek to marry a Roma and have kids with..

Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    Ahem..gypsies like those in the picture are all over Europe and they do look alike.Has nothing to do with Greeks.It is very rare for a Greek to marry a Roma and have kids with..
    Wait, Effie, I only mentioned Greece because that is where this particular Roma camp is.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    We are talking some HELLA recessive genes here, LOL:
    40-year-old woman and a 39-year-old man
    This looks like a 70 yo old mother and her 50 yo inbred son.
    southernbelle, stef and thordis like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Wait, Effie, I only mentioned Greece because that is where this particular Roma camp is.
    Ι Know,Mo,dear,no offence.They found a new case exactly the same in Ireland today..dark gypsies *blond angel*..
    MohandasKGanja likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    Ι Know,Mo,dear,no offence.They found a new case exactly the same in Ireland today..dark gypsies *blond angel*..
    I know I mentioned it in another thread, but I found out last year we have Irish gypsies (Travelers) about a mile from us. My son's soccer teammate said, "Wait til you see them. They are all home-improvement people, have tons of kids, and spend all their money on their pickup trucks -- chrome pipes going everywhere."

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information