Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By MohandasKGanja
  • 1 Post By greysfang
  • 1 Post By MohandasKGanja

Thread: Navy Yard Shooting in Washington, D.C.

Default Navy Yard Shooting in Washington, D.C.

Four dead, several injured in Navy Yard shooting

by Associated Press and KVUE.com
    kvue.com
    Posted on September 16, 2013 at 8:18 AM
    Updated today at 9:44 AM

Related:

Gallery

See all 19 photos Ľ

WASHINGTON (AP) — Several people were killed and as many as 10 were wounded in a shooting Monday morning at a building at the Washington Navy Yard, the U.S. Navy said, and authorities searched for an active shooter.
    According to ABC News, four people have been confirmed dead.

The Navy said shots were fired around 8:20 a.m. at the Naval Sea Systems Command headquarters, where about 3,000 people work.
    According to the Associated Press at 9:20 a.m. CST, a defense official said the shooter is "contained" but not in custody.
    Go here for raw video from the scene.

Police and federal agents from multiple law enforcement agencies responded to the scene. Ambulances were parked outside, streets in the area were closed and flights at Reagan National Airport were temporarily halted.

A U.S. Park Police helicopter hovered over the building and appeared to drop a basket or a stretcher with a person onto the roof.

Naval Sea Systems Command is the largest of the Navy's five system commands and accounts for a quarter of the Navy's entire budget. It builds, buys and maintains the Navy's ships and submarines and their combat systems.

http://www.kvue.com/news/Active-shoo...223898101.html
    Cats are really just land based sharks in fur coats. - Kittylady

The Navy Yard is in a rough section of DC - Southeast Washington, along the Anacostia River. Ironically, you would normally be pretty safe at the Navy Yard and Ft. McNair, which is right next to it. But it looks like an employee went postal or something.
    greysfang and KrisNine like this.

Elite Member

As a former Hospital Corpsman in the Navy, this makes me very sad. I'm following it on CNN.com, instead of watching it on TV. Those damned CNN reporters drive me crazy.

I spent a great deal of time in this area (Tracks!!). It's a very rough part of town. At least it was in the late 80's and early 90's.

I hope, if the rumors are true, that they find the shooters that are on the loose.

It looks bad, and like it is still going on.....

WASHINGTON (AP) - Authorities say they are looking for two additional potential shooters in the shooting rampage at the Washington Navy Yard. D.C. Police Chief Cathy Lanier says witnesses reported seeing two additional gunmen, both dressed in military-style clothing.
    Lanier says one police officer was wounded in an exchange of gunfire with a shooter. She says one shooter has been killed. Two Navy officials say at least six peoplewere killed in the rampage. D.C. Mayor Vincent Gray said at a Monday news conference four people were wounded and taken to hospitals.

Be careful all DC'ers.

I was hearing the description of the two that may be on the loose. A white male in his 30's, wearing a khaki colored uniform with a beret. The other one is a black male in his 50's, wearing an olive drab uniform. How random.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    I spent a great deal of time in this area (Tracks!!). It's a very rough part of town. At least it was in the late 80's and early 90's.

I hope, if the rumors are true, that they find the shooters that are on the loose.

OMG, Traxx was our spot back in the day!
    KrisNine likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

The news keeps getting worse.... I've been going to WTOP.com because they have been all over the story liveblogging:

D.C. Police Chief Cathy Lanier says at least 12 people have died in the shootings at the Washington Navy Yard.

Lanier says people are being told to stay in their homes and out of the area as authorities search for two other possible suspects. One of the shooters has died. The police chief says officers are searching for two other people with firearms wearing military-style uniforms.

She says there is no indication of a possible motive at this time.

by WTOP 2:16 PM

Thanks for the link, Mo. So is one or two shooter(s) still at the Yard?
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

From CNN.com:

[Updated at 3:55 p.m. ET] The dead suspect was Aaron Alexis, a 34-year-old military contractor from Texas, the Washington FBI field office told CNNís Pamela Brown.
    Alexis was identified through fingerprints and an identification card that was on the suspect's body, the FBI field office said.
    The shooter is from the Fort Worth area.

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    Thanks for the link, Mo. So is one or two shooter(s) still at the Yard?
    I don't think so. They also seemed to have revised the number of shooters from 3 down to 2. And I wouldn't be surprised if it goes to 1. It seems like one of the confusing factors was that this guy was leaning over a 3rd or 4th-story railing and shooting down at people in the cafeteria area on the first floor. Then, he turned and ran down a hallway firing at people. That could have given the impression initially that there were two different people shooting in two different areas at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    OMG, Traxx was our spot back in the day!
    Me, too. That whole area is gone. There was just a big reunion at a few other clubs in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I don't think so. They also seemed to have revised the number of shooters from 3 down to 2. And I wouldn't be surprised if it goes to 1. It seems like one of the confusing factors was that this guy was leaning over a 3rd or 4th-story railing and shooting down at people in the cafeteria area on the first floor. Then, he turned and ran down a hallway firing at people. That could have given the impression initially that there were two different people shooting in two different areas at the same time.
    I won't be surprised if it's just the one shooter.

I've been listening to news reports this morning, and I am SO PISSED that this guy had a clearance. He has an arm's length list of issues - from odd to outright criminal behavior. There is NO WAY that he should have been cleared. Whoever greenlighted this guy should FIRED.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I've been listening to news reports this morning, and I am SO PISSED that this guy had a clearance. He has an arm's length list of issues - from odd to outright criminal behavior. There is NO WAY that he should have been cleared. Whoever greenlighted this guy should FIRED.
    Whoever cleared this guy should go to jail. Discharged from military for misconduct, a pattern of misconduct with at least 8 incidences. He was arrested twice. Once for a firearm offense. He had at least two issues that involved guns. Had a violent and explosive personality. And, he gets approved for clearance at a military base.

FBI video shows Navy Yard shooter - The Washington Post

It's so dumb that it doesn't look real, but the FBI did release it.

Thread Information