Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Two Teens Beat 88 Year-Old WWII Veteran To Death

Default Two Teens Beat 88 Year-Old WWII Veteran To Death

Teen arrested in fatal beating of WWII vet

World War II veteran beaten to death in parking lot

29 min ago Associated Press

Delbert Belton, an 88-year-old World War II veteran, suffered serious head injuries after being attacked in Spokane, Wash.
    SPOKANE, Wash. — Police in Spokane, Wash., say they have arrested one of two teens suspected of fatally beating an 88-year-old veteran of World War II who had survived the Battle of Okinawa.

Authorities say the two young men, between 16 and 19 years old, approached Delbert Belton in his car at random Wednesday night outside an Eagles Lodge as he was waiting for a friend.
    Spokane Police Department
    Surveillance photos showing the suspected killers of Delbert Belton.

Belton was found by police with serious head injuries and died in the hospital Thursday.
    Spokane Police say they have surveillance images of the attackers.

The Spokesman-Review reports Belton was born and raised in Spokane before he joined the Army. Friends say he was shot in the leg during the Battle of Okinawa, where thousands of American soldiers died.

After the war, he spent 33 years working for Kaiser Aluminum, before retiring in 1982.

Belton's sister, Alberta Tosh, told the newspaper her brother "went through hell" during his years in the Army. Though she was too little to remember her brother going to war, she does remember how reluctant he was to talk about the bloody Okinawa battle in 1945.
    "I know he came home shell-shocked pretty bad," she said.
    Belton lived a full and busy life, Tosh said. He loved to dance, repair old cars and was always surrounded by close friends and loved ones.
    "He was a good guy who would help anybody if they needed help," she said.

A friend, Ted Denison, said he was planning to go to the Eagles Lodge when he heard Belton had died.
    "He put his life on the line for our country to come home and 60 years later? Get beat to death?" Denison said. "That's not right."
    Denison, a veteran himself, said he used to tease Belton about his membership in the Eagles Lodge, saying that place was for "old fogies." He didn't make it to the lodge in time.

"I don't care who you are, you don't beat up an old man," Denison said. "You're supposed to respect your elders, not beat them to death."
    Another close friend, Lill Duncan, said she can't imagine what drove anyone to kill him.

"He lived his life every day to make somebody else happy. It wasn't all about him. It was about what he could do for everybody else."
    ——

Teen arrested in fatal beating of WWII vet
    Cats are really just land based sharks in fur coats. - Kittylady

Jesus Christ.

There are a lot of psychopaths walking the streets. Scary.

Unbelievable. The two shits who beat him to death would've probably been paralyzed with fear in an actual war.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Just sickening.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Elite Member

Good point, Laurent.

These asshole kids better get what they deserve and do some serious time.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

What the fuck is wrong with people?? Sickening.

This just makes me see every shade of red. Send the monsters to Texas and be done.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Gold Member

Sometimes I don't why I bother reading the news anymore. Either this kind of sick shit is happening more frequently, or it is just being reported upon more often.

I can't imagine the horrors of war this man went through only to be killed by two jackoffs in some parking lot. I hope they have the book thrown at them.
    PeaPrincess likes this.

This is absolutely fucking disgusting. I'm livid. There is no coming back from doing something that depraved. Assholes.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

This should not be a sentence..."You're supposed to respect your elders, not beat them to death."...Sadly there will always be people in the world who hold sick/evil intentions. Sometimes I just prefer to stay away from these types of news stories. Too depressing.

This is just terrible. I hope they get life. I am surprised this story isn't getting outrage like the Trayvon Martin case did. The same with the 2 young teens that killed the baseball player from Austrialia.
    Bluebonnet and Bellatheball like this.

Its not getting outrage because it doesn't need Trayvon level outrage, since the police are actually investigating and hunting down the killers, rather than blowing it off.
    rockchick likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Gee, I hope the teens parents are proud.

Delbert Belton Murder Update: Suspect claims teens were buying crack cocaine from WWII vet before fatal beating

(CBS) SPOKANE, Wash. -- One of the Washington teens suspected in the beating death of World War Two veteran Delbert Belton claims the two met the 88-year-old in a Spokane parking lot to buy crack cocaine,
    CBS affiliate KREM reports. A lawyer for Kenan Adams-Kinard said Belton shorted the teens, prompting the attack.Kinard showed no emotion during a court appearance Tuesday, during which a judge set his bail at $3 million, citing community safety and a concern that Adams-Kinard may flee.

"Certainly these facts are disturbing, and they are egregious to say the very least," the judge said.

Police say the 88-year-old, who survived the Battle of Okinawa, was beaten to death Wednesday by two teens during an apparent robbery as he was waiting outside the Eagles Ice-A-Rena for a friend.

His family told KREM after the attack that the vet was beaten with "big heavy flashlights."

Adams-Kinard, 16, was arrested early Monday in a basement apartment in Spokane after police followed up on tips from his family. He is charged with first degree murder and first-degree robbery.

Another 16-year-old, Demetrius L. Glenn, also charged with first-degree murder and first-degree robbery, made an initial court appearance Monday afternoon. He is being held on $2 million bail.

The charges carry a potential life sentence.

Police say they believe the teens robbed Belton and killed him, apparently at random. They say Belton may have fought back against his assailants, which may have increased the severity of the beating.

Investigators called the claim that the teens were buying crack from Belton "ridiculous," KREM reports. Detectives also tell the station that Adams-Kinard had cuts on his hand consistent with being in a fight, though his lawyer denied that.

A memorial service for Belton with full military honors was planned for Thursday, followed by a church service on Friday.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information