Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma Teens Shoot Random Jogger For Something To Do

A*O

Default Oklahoma Teens Shoot Random Jogger For Something To Do

Needless to say this is all over the news here. I apologise for the crappy journalism. It's standard for the Melbourne Pravda, I mean the Age newspaper.

JESSICA WRIGHT, DEBORAH GOUGH, JANE LEE

In a small town on the other side of the world, a young Australian's promise was snuffed out in the most brutal and inexplicable fashion.

Jogging through the leafy streets of Duncan, Oklahoma, last Friday, Melbourne man Chris Lane must have felt the world was at his feet.

He was only 15 when he began dreaming of a life in the US. He wanted to attend an American college and chose to play baseball - despite displaying talent as an athlete and junior footballer - to get himself there.

Mr Lane, who grew up in Oak Park in Melbourne's north, later won a baseball scholarship to become a catcher for East Central University in Oklahoma.

At 22, he was living this dream when it was cut short in a random attack that has devastated his friends and family and again trained the spotlight on the United States' gun culture.

He was jogging away from his girlfriend's home, as part of his training routine, when police allege three teenagers in a black car randomly spotted him and began to follow him. ''They came up from behind, shot him in the back with a small-calibre hand gun and sped off,'' Duncan's police chief Danny Ford said.

One, a 16-year-old boy, later confessed to firing on Mr Lane. All three - including a 15-year-old and a 17-year-old - were arrested.

Mr Ford said the accused killers drove to another house to murder a second, unrelated, victim just hours after they allegedly left Mr Lane on the side of the road.

Investigators later found a message on one of the alleged killer's Facebook page: ''Bang. Two drops in two hours.''

Witnesses saw Mr Lane stumble across the road and get down on his knees before struggling to a drainage area on the side of the road.

A woman came from a nearby house to attempt CPR while another woman called police. Police and paramedics arrived within minutes and brought him to a nearby hospital.

He was pronounced dead about an hour later.

Sarah Harper, Mr Lane's girlfriend of four years, posted a tribute to him on Facebook, saying that she had ''amazing memories'' and cherished a ''last adventure together''. ''I love you so much babe. From 2009 until forever you will always be mine and in a very special and protected place in my heart,'' she wrote.

Mr Lane's father, Peter, spoke to reporters outside his son's Australian sporting home, the Essendon Baseball Club.

''He was a kid on the cusp of making his life,'' Mr Lane said. ''He gave up a lot to follow his dreams. There's not going to be any good come out of this because it was just so senseless. There wasn't anything he did or could have done

''It's happened, it's wrong and we just try and deal with it the best we can.''

Mr Ford said that the accused teenagers did not have an apparent link to a gang or drugs, although one kept an appointment with juvenile authorities in between the shooting of Mr Lane and their arrest.

''I know everybody thinks there has to be a reason, but I've been in this business for 30 years and there doesn't have to be a reason with these kids,'' he said. ''It is a sad, sad thing what happened with that young man.''

Mr Ford said he thought the teenagers were on ''a killing spree'' that would have claimed more victims if they had not been caught.

A search of the car uncovered a shotgun, but the handgun was not found. Ammunition for the handgun was, however, found hidden in a fuse box under the bonnet of the car and Mr Ford said surveillance footage showed, minutes after Mr Lane was shot, the boys hiding a weapon in the air intake chamber of the car's engine.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

That's sad.

He was only 15 when he began dreaming of a life in the US. He wanted to attend an American college and chose to play baseball - despite displaying talent as an athlete and junior footballer - to get himself there.
    Huh? Oz doesn't recognize baseball as a sport? Never mind, neither do I.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Horrible. I hope the little monsters fry.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I hate people.

This is so very sad.

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Huh? Oz doesn't recognize baseball as a sport? Never mind, neither do I.
    It's a recognised as a "minor" sport, ditto basketball and soccer to a certain extent. No major leagues or huge salaries. Kids with talent go to the US.
    Dame Edna Everage

^Brave souls. I dream of going to Australia.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

This story is now the headliner at CNN.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Another gun death and nothing will be done. How about all the people killed and injured just over the weekend in and around Chicago but everyone should be able to get whatever gun they want. Makes me mental.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

What a waste. So senseless. I hope they try them as adults and lock them away forever. There's no rehabilitating the mindset of killing someone because you had nothing else to do.
    The more people I encounter, the more I like my animals.

A*O

Within hours of his death his surprisingly composed family and girlfriend were all over the TV news giving interviews. I don't know how anyone could do that. I would go into hiding to grieve in peace and privacy. Seems that everyone is now a media whore.

After the teens' court appearance (2 charged with murder, 1 an accessory) one female family member yelled at the media that she was going to kill them. Maybe a clue about the homes these kids grew up in?
    Dame Edna Everage

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    After the teens' court appearance (2 charged with murder, 1 an accessory) one female family member yelled at the media that she was going to kill them. Maybe a clue about the homes these kids grew up in?
    Psychos with guns hunting humans just for sport is what Ivan Milat did and it freaks me the fuck out.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

This was the 2nd lead on NBC Nightly News. That town is some kind of upset over this. They better hope for a change of venue,otherwise they are tried & fried. We'll see how bored they are then.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

A*O

The police chief said that the town doesn't usually have even one homicide per year so this has come as a terrible shock.
    Dame Edna Everage

Oklahoma is a capital punishment state, third only to Texas and Virginia in numbers.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information