Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: JFK Second Shooter? New Documentary Makes Radical Claim

Elite Member

Default JFK Second Shooter? New Documentary Makes Radical Claim

JFK Second Shooter? New Documentary Makes Radical Claim

A new documentary alleges that a Secret Service agent was the second (and accidental) shooter in the assassination of John F. Kennedy.
    At the Television Critics Association press tour in Los Angeles on Sunday, producers and investigators behind Reelz Channel's new documentary "JFK: The Smoking Gun" made the claim that George Hickey, a Secret Service agent riding in the car behind Kennedy, accidentally shot the president on November 22, 1963. The film follows veteran police detective Colin McLaren in his four-year investigation of the assassination and points at Hickey, who died two years ago.
    McLaren's research built on the work of Howard Donahue, who spent 20 years studying the assassination and had his findings documented in Bonar Menninger’s book Mortal Error: The Shot That Killed JFK. McLaren and Menninger were on hand Sunday to take questions about their film, which the network billed in press notes as a "docudrama."
    Addressing the crowd, McLaren claimed that Hickey and other Secret Service agents were out partying the night before Kennedy's fatal motorcade drive through Dallas. Based on his painstaking investigation, McLaren said, evidence suggests Hickey was not qualified to use the weapon he was holding the morning of the shooting.
    "It was his first time in the follow car, his first time holding the assault weapon he was using," McLaren said. Producers said the film's theory is that shots rang out, and Hickey grabbed his weapon to return fire. When his car stopped suddenly, Hickey accidentally discharged his weapon -- making him the second shooter, the film's investigators and producers alleged.
    McLaren said he believes that Hickey's weapon had hollow-point rounds -- different from the ammunition for the weapon used by Lee Harvey Oswald, whom the Warren Commission declared in 1964 was the lone gunman in the case. Menninger and McLaren said that based on their review of the forensics in the case, they believe that Kennedy was also struck by a hollow-point round.
    Oswald was killed before he could stand trial, but the case has continued to inspire various theories around just how the tragedy occurred. Books and films have advanced different ideas -- including a second shooter theory.
    "We're not saying this was intentional," Menninger said Sunday. "This was a tragic accident in the heat of the moment."
    "We don't suggest he was in any way involved in a conspiracy," Menninger added.
    Donahue wrote about his theory decades ago, but McLaren said it's taken decades -- and the release of thousands of JFK-related documents during the Clinton administration -- for a proper review of all the evidence and information related to the case. The authors acknowledged Sunday that there are many other books and films on the assassination, but said theirs is unique because it is based on a new review of the documents released during the 1990s.

McLaren and Menninger also alleged that the government -- including Robert F. Kennedy -- covered up the involvement of the Secret Service and Hickey.
    The producers were pressed on how the alleged involvement of the Secret Service could be covered up for 50 years.
    "Nobody was going to gain" from having this out there, Menninger said.
    "We're not here to blacken the name" of Hickey or any other individual, or the modern-day Secret Service, McLaren said.
    Menninger discussed the fact that he was sued by Hickey in the 1990s, but noted that despite a settlement, his publisher never removed his book from the shelves.
    "I'm sure that [Hickey] suffered greatly from this," Menninger said. "The fact that he passed on -- maybe it's time to talk about it."
    "Our documentary is going to be the only one that has opened the case forensically and looked at the evidence from the beginning and examined everything that happened that day in Dealey Plaza," Michael Prupas, the film's executive director, said.
    Reelz Channel gained notice two years ago for airing the miniseries "The Kennedys," which some historical experts criticized as an unflattering portrayal of the family.
    "No other network will touch these things," Reelz's CEO Stanley E. Hubbard said Sunday.
    The documentary is set to air on November 3, 2013, according to a press release.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

No, no, no. It was Woody Harrelson's dad.
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I do believe Oswald didn't do it alone, but it is verrrrry convenient to accuse a dead guy who can't defend himself.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Not buying this at all.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

It's the most over investigated murder in the fucking country. does it really even matter now? honestly, just stop investigating it and leave everyone alone. most of the people are dead or old... fuck off and get a real JOB!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    It's the most over investigated murder in the fucking country. does it really even matter now? honestly, just stop investigating it and leave everyone alone. most of the people are dead or old... fuck off and get a real JOB!
    It's because the 50th Anniversary is coming up so attention must be drawn, yet again.
    Cats are really just land based sharks in fur coats. - Kittylady

That theory was already given about 20 years ago, in another book about JFK's assassination. Hickey was questioned about this long before he died.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    Yeah! Just think of all those resources they could put towards finding out what happened to Marilyn!
    Free Charmed.

I watched a documentary a few months ago (or maybe it was just some piece on Dateline). Anyway, it was about these groups that investigate much more current crimes where the outcome may save an innocent someone from life in prison or worse. Perhaps these people should focus more on crimes like that instead of this. I know, it's history and we should get it right, but almost everyone involved is dead.

Caroline's not!
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

I love JFK, not gonna lie. Totally would have, crabs and all.
    Brookie and Karistiona like this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Back and to the left. Back and to the left.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Aliens did it. Case closed. Duh.
    If being cunty is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Gold Member

I don't know how this is considered "shocking" information - there have long been books, websites, etc. devoted to people claiming there was more than one shooter.

Also, as HWBL said, very easy to come out and blame it on a dead man who can't defend himself.
    Sylkyn likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    I love JFK, not gonna lie. Totally would have, crabs and all.
    Crabs? Are you going to make me Google this? or do you have a link ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information