Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Mel1973

Thread: Mom who claimed teens shot her baby last March had gsr on her

Default Mom who claimed teens shot her baby last March had gsr on her

Antonio Santiago Update: Gunshot residue found on slain Ga. baby's parents, report says - Crimesider - CBS News

First time trying this. Am I supposed to copy and paste article? I always thought that story she gave seemed fishy.

yea copy and paste I think
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

OKAY, try this again....

Antonio Santiago celebrating his first Christmas in December of 2012.
    / AP Photo/Courtesy of Sherry West (CBS) BRUNSWICK, Ga. -

The father and mother of Antonio Santiago, the 13-month-old baby who was allegedly fatally shot in Brunswick, Ga. by two teens in March, had gunshot residue on them the day their son was killed, according to the state's forensic report obtained by CBS affiliate WTEV.

PICTURES: Ga. baby fatally shot in stroller

While the fact that Sherry West, the baby's mother, was also shot during her son's killing could explain why residue was found on her, it is unclear how or why the baby's father, Louis Santiago, would have been exposed to gunshot residue.

A conclusion from the state forensic report says, "This supports the possibility that [Louis Santiago] discharged a firearm, was in close proximity to a firearm upon discharge, or came into contact with an item whose surface bears GSR [gunshot residue]."

According to the station, Louis Santiago is currently in jail on charges of aggravated stalking. An arrest warrant from June 6 reportedly says Santiago was stalking Sherry West, in violation of police orders. He was reportedly convicted of the same charges in another case from 2009.

West claims Santiago "went nuts" in the months following their son's murder and violated a restraining order, according to the station.

"He was throwing things through the window and terrorizing me, saying that I killed my baby and it should have been me," West told the station.

West has always maintained that she was walking her baby by herself when two teens, De'Marquise Elkins and Dominique Lang, tried to rob her at gunpoint on a Brunswick sidewalk. The teens allegedly shot her in the leg and baby Antonio in the head. Both are behind bars on charges of murder and are scheduled to stand trial next month.

According to the station, West says it is plausible that she would have gunshot residue on her because she was, in fact, shot. She also says it may be possible that the baby's father came into contact with the residue when he saw her at the hospital.

Police have not named Sherry West or Louis Santiago suspects in their son's murder.

De'Marquise? seriously?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

"This supports the possibility that [Louis Santiago] discharged a firearm, was in close proximity to a firearm upon discharge, or came into contact with an item whose surface bears GSR [gunshot residue]."
    You mean, like his SON or the mother?
    shedevilang and Kittylady like this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Sorta necroing this but I believe this is the defence's story. It doesn't seem very plausible to me. They claim she did it for insurance money but the evidence against De'Marquise Elkins from his own family and his accomplice is pretty damning.
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

Thread Information