Like Tree29Likes

Thread: TX mom whoops carjacker's behind

Default TX mom whoops carjacker's behind

Texas mom to carjacker: You 'messed with the wrong witch'

Dorothy Baker fights off carjacking, runs over suspect

UPDATED 10:08 AM CDT Jun 17, 2013

y
    VIEW LARGE

A suspected carjacker messed with the wrong mom in Texas.

According to police, Ismael Martinez sprung up on Dorothy Parker after sneaking inside the backseat of her minivan in a Baytown drug store parking lot Friday afternoon.

He held a knife to her 5-year-old son's throat and told her to drive to the nearest ATM, police told Houston TV station KPRC.

Terrified but instinctively protective of her two children, Parker fought back, punching Martinez in the face and driving into a pole in hopes of sending him through the windshield, according to ABC News.

When that didn't work, she tried to wrestle the knife away from him while calling 911.

Baker was cut across the chest, but her aggression worked. Martinez fled the vehicle, although Baker unintentionally slammed into him with her minivan in an attempt to keep him at the scene, the Houston Chronicle reported.

"I didn't mean to run him over," she told ABC News. "I was just trying to stop him so he didn't hurt anybody else."

Martinez was airlifted to a nearby hospital with serious injuries and is expected to face felony charges.

"You don't come after people with kids," Baker told ABC News. "I told him he messed with the wrong witch."

Read more:Texas mom to carjacker: You 'messed with the wrong witch' | National News - KMBC Home
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

You go, Mama!!
    Cats are really just land based sharks in fur coats. - Kittylady

weird that they switch between baker and parker...

i'm sorry but she's a fucking idiot. someone holds a knife to your kid's throat and you do what they say. she just got lucky he didn't slit the kid's throat but he very well could have.
    i've known people who got badly beaten for refusing to give up their purses or wallets when robbed in the street. i'm sorry but i'd rather lose money than be physically hurt, or even worse, have someone in my family get hurt.
    shedevilang likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i'm sorry but she's a fucking idiot. someone holds a knife to your kid's throat and you do what they say. she just got lucky he didn't slit the kid's throat but he very well could have.
    i've known people who got badly beaten for refusing to give up their purses or wallets when robbed in the street. i'm sorry but i'd rather lose money than be physically hurt, or even worse, have someone in my family get hurt.
    I definitely see your point but damn it feels good when victims fight back and win.
    Bluebonnet and hustle4alivin like this.

In New Jersey, she probably would've been charged with attempted murder.
    The more people I encounter, the more I like my animals.

Good on her putting her son's life in danger like that.
    sluce likes this.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Elite Member

She's an idiot or she had some unconscious awareness that this guy wouldn't kill her kid. Maybe she "read" this guy correctly and realized she could take him. There are cases of split second psychological awareness that prove to be better indicators of violence than years of studies.
    Kathie_Moffett and Ravenna like this.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

This sounds eerily similar to the Boca Mall abductions and murders in 2007. In that case, the guy would jump in the car, hold a weapon to the child's head (a gun in the Boca case) and order the mom to drive to an ATM and take money out. The first mom and son he let go, but he murdered the second woman and child that he abducted. Never been caught either:

Boca mall murders, five years later: Nancy Bochicchio, Joey Bochicchio murders remain unsolved
    Kathie_Moffett and McJag like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    Getting carjacked is not the same as being robbed in the street. If someone with a weapon wants your purse, fork it over. If someone is trying to take you to a different location, it becomes a much more dangerous situation, imo. You can't know what that kind of person's intention really is, and not everyone who was carjacked and taken to an ATM has lived to tell about it.

I can't imagine fighting a man who has a knife to my child's throat, but on the other hand she was the only person who was there to assess the situation. I'm glad it worked out for her.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    This sounds eerily similar to the Boca Mall abductions and murders in 2007. In that case, the guy would jump in the car, hold a weapon to the child's head (a gun in the Boca case) and order the mom to drive to an ATM and take money out. The first mom and son he let go, but he murdered the second woman and child that he abducted. Never been caught either:

Boca mall murders, five years later: Nancy Bochicchio, Joey Bochicchio murders remain unsolved
    Last month I saw one of those depressing true crime shows with a similar case. The woman got him the money and then the carjacker killed her and left her baby in a field with her body. He probably would have killed the child too if he had been old enough to identify him.
    Last edited by Ravenna; June 17th, 2013 at 02:06 PM.
    Kathie_Moffett and greysfang like this.

This woman and her children are alive and the bad guy is in the hospital. She did the right thing for her and her family.
    Really ,until you are in this situation it is hard to criticize.
    Read the link Mohandas posted above. That woman complied but she and her tiny daughter were killed anyway. You just never know. If someone comes after you with a weapon all bets are off. You would have to make split second decisions that are forced on you by some armed twit.
    She didn't endanger her son by reacting-the pervert holding the knife already was doing that. She won.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I'm guessing it was all rather instinctual, but bitch is ballsy - driving her car into a tree hoping he'd get thrown through the windshield and then beating his ass AND running over him? I think Texas has probably just identified it's next gubner.
    greysfang and Bluebonnet like this.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

It's a horrible situation to face, and I'm not sure if anybody would really know how they react. I don't think it was Gavin de Becker who I saw give this advice, but some other detective: What he said was, "Don't ever let someone use a weapon to control you and take you somewhere else. The woods are full of the bodies of people that agreed to go with someone who had a weapon with them."

Ravenna, I heard the same case you were talking about. It was on one of the HLN programs. A mom abducted with her child while her husband and a friend were in the store. She was killed outright and the toddler was lying face down in the dirt when the police found them. He was severely sunburned and was actually treated in a burn unit, but recovered and lives with the dad. And they did catch the guy because of forensic evidence and because a mail truck drive had seen the guy acting suspiciously right before the abduction.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    It's a horrible situation to face, and I'm not sure if anybody would really know how they react. I don't think it was Gavin de Becker who I saw give this advice, but some other detective: What he said was, "Don't ever let someone use a weapon to control you and take you somewhere else. The woods are full of the bodies of people that agreed to go with someone who had a weapon with them."
    I think it may have been Gavin who said that, or at least something very similar. He definitely advised that you do everything in your power to not let yourself be taken to a second location. If someone wants to take you to a second location, nothing good is coming.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Yes, Mohandas, that's the one: Ginger. Thanks for giving a more detailed description. Who knows, maybe this Texas mother saw the same episode and it flashed through her mind.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information